Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

BB6 Dash swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wherm View Post
    Murdered out door handle and lock switch.

beautiful. i'm also de-chroming my interior. same process you're using, with bleach. i also replaced the ebrake button with a DA teg button. took the hassle out of bleaching and painting such a small part.

your interior work is very inspiring.
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

damn....you got some serious talent. crazy ass project bro...looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
        how how it would look on a 5th gen
        how would what look?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post
          beautiful. i'm also de-chroming my interior. same process you're using, with bleach. i also replaced the ebrake button with a DA teg button. took the hassle out of bleaching and painting such a small part.

your interior work is very inspiring.
          is the teg button black? I installed the bb6 console and e-brake so i'm not sure if that would work or not. At any rate, I'm not too worried about painting a small part like that. Not really sure how to remove the button offhand, never had to do it before. Do you just slide the handgrip and boot off of the lever?

Comment

Originally posted by trueCB7 View Post
            damn....you got some serious talent. crazy ass project bro...looks awesome.
            thanks man, I really want it to be done!

Comment

is the teg button black? I installed the bb6 console and e-brake so i'm not sure if that would work or not. At any rate, I'm not too worried about painting a small part like that. Not really sure how to remove the button offhand, never had to do it before. Do you just slide the handgrip and boot off of the lever?
              yeah, you slide the grip off the lever and then the button is actually loosened and unscrewed off the assembly. i'm pretty sure the BB6 button is a little wider than the CB/DA/etc size button. maybe a little wider, like the CD button?

at any rate. yeah.

props for all your hard work, though!
              My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

thanks!

Comment

NICE!

You tha man

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
                  ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

how would what look?
                    lol I meant I wonder how the dash would look on a 5th gen

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                      lol I meant I wonder how the dash would look on a 5th gen
                      Decent I'm sure. I can't think offhand what that dash looks like, I'll have to find a pic.

Comment

found a pic...That dash is pretty close to what the 5th gen dash looks like, I'm sure it would look good in there, but not sure that it would be worth all the effort due to the similarity.

Comment

Update...

Here's the deal...BB6 Preludes use multiplex control units. From what I understand they operate on a lower voltage, around 5v, and aren't easily manipulated. The best way I could find to describe the electrical differences between the BB6 and Cb7 would be like converting analog to digital. Anyway, because everything runs through the three multiplex units that's why I've had so much difficulty making the BB6 hazard switch, defrost switch, and dimmer knob work in my car.

Here's what hit me on the way to work...Why don't I just integrate my cb hazard button into the bb6 button? When I got to work I studied the two and here's what I did. I partially gutted the bb6 button assembly and epoxied my cb switch assembly directly behind it. The bb6 button is epoxied directly to the cb button so that when you push the button it moves the cb assembly and it works great! There's plenty of room inside the dash for the additional length as a result of doing this. Here's what it looks like:

Next, I had to come up with an idea for the defroster switch. I couldn't use the same method as the hazard button because the defrost button for the bb6 is in with the heater controls. Imagine the a/c button on an accord being a defrost button, that's how the bb6 is. Anyway, the defrost button on my bb6 panel will be a dead button, but here is what I did to solve the defrost issue. I molded my cb7 button into the radio trim bezel:

All that is left now is the dimmer knob. I'm going to mold that into the panel where the change tray, moonroof, cruise button, and bb6 dimmer knob are. It'll work out nicely because I don't have moonroof, or cruise, and those button will be eliminated now.

Thanks for looking! Unfortunately my dash is coming along very slowly, my friend is pretty busy at his shop and my stuff is on the backburner I guess...
                          Last edited by wherm; 10-09-2009, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Wow man, I love what you done.
                            I should check it out since you're not that far away, I think..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

you are making your cb7 stand out man, your car is becoming more and more unique, you a man on a quest and i see you wont stop until you get there,

much respect for doing everything yourself, and making things work right, i can only imagine your headache

Comment

Dude you got talent and a lot of pacience.very nice post more pic when you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X