Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

BB6 Dash swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small update...

In preparation for interior work, I shaved the rear side panel compartments. I don't have any use for them... It was pretty easy, I removed the pocket, popped the lid off of it, and ground all the edges with a grinder. I also ground the edges of the lid opening on the armrest panel. This is to give the epoxy a texture to grab to. After applying some adhesion promotor, I taped the pocket in place from the top side being careful to keep the lid as flush as possible with the armrest surface. I glued the lid in place using a two part plastic bonding adhesive and removed the tape on the top side when the epoxy was dry. I then used my grinder with a 3" - 36 grit disc to grind the top surfaces (I don't have a pic of the entire area completely ground). Then I layed down a thin coat of body filler and flat sanded it with 40 grit, then 80 grit. I don't have to get any smoother because the 80 grit scratches will provide good texture for the spray glue to adhere to for re-covering.

I did the other side last week, so both are ready to go.

Last edited by wherm; 09-15-2009, 11:13 PM.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

har stuuff heret
      1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

wow, this is all amazing work man. i love it when other people are really into doing custom work to their cars and have the skills to do it right. great job, i cant wait to see it completed.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          wow, this is all amazing work man. i love it when other people are really into doing custom work to their cars and have the skills to do it right. great job, i cant wait to see it completed.
          Thanks!

The suede is ordered,! Soon as it comes in my friend can get to work! I have to remove my door panels, center console, glove box, headliner, and pillar trim, and drop them off at my buddy's shop when I get a chance.

I know there's a lot of guys on here that are re-wrapping their door panels and stuff, and I've come up with a great way to do it. Most people tuck the material into the crevace around the inserts and finish it off with a cord, tubing, or rope to hide the seam. I'm going to post detailed pics of another way to do it that should produce great results! It'll at least give everyone another option, although it's a little more work... Hopefully I'll get to it in the next two weeks or so. Keep checkin' back!

Comment

Big reps to You, man! Amazing work

I'm thinkin' about flocking all the interior in my CB3

Comment

You are really making a masterpiece sir. Keep it up. It's fairly inspiring.

Comment

You continue to give me ideas.
                -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
                if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
                Originally posted by deevergote
                I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
                Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Today I had a little spare time so I started modifying my heater duct. This is the one that fits between the blower and the heater core. It needs to be modified because it doesn't match up with the BB6 heater core opening.

This picture shows what the vent looked like and you can see the cut where I split it into two separate pieces.

This picture shows the original half in place on the cb7 blower housing.

The other half was then quartered to remove about 2-1/2" of width because the bb6 opening is that much narrower. After removing that width I setup a makeshift jig to hold the halves together while I applied the plastic repair epoxy and reinforcing mesh. Tomorrow it'll be nice and solid.

All I have to do now is mount both pieces into the car and fabricate a center section. Shouldn't be too hard, maybe have it done tomorrow or early next week.

Comment

I wish I still worked at a body shop. I had whatever I needed right there. Any updates on when the suede will be getting wrapped?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                      I wish I still worked at a body shop. I had whatever I needed right there. Any updates on when the suede will be getting wrapped?
                      Suede should be deliverd to my friend's shop next week, I asked him to try and have it done by Oct. 18th. Two reasons, it's my birthday and also the last autocross of the season. I hope that works for him, but for the money I dropped in suede I sure won't be rushing him

Comment

oh wow i wanna see this when is done....
                        this is my cb7 92 honda accord ex....enjoy it

Comment

i likeeeeee...but...its MAD work

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                            Suede should be deliverd to my friend's shop next week, I asked him to try and have it done by Oct. 18th. Two reasons, it's my birthday and also the last autocross of the season. I hope that works for him, but for the money I dropped in suede I sure won't be rushing him
                            Yeah, measure twice, cut once lol. I'm sure it wasn't cheap. The 18th is my birthday also. Have you ever installed one of the Vibrant universal dashes? I was looking through some back issues the other day of random books and saw one. They want like 5 something for it though. Supposedly it's universal but I bet there's a sh*tload of modding needed to make it fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                              Yeah, measure twice, cut once lol. I'm sure it wasn't cheap. The 18th is my birthday also. Have you ever installed one of the Vibrant universal dashes? I was looking through some back issues the other day of random books and saw one. They want like 5 something for it though. Supposedly it's universal but I bet there's a sh*tload of modding needed to make it fit.
                              no, never heard of them...I'll look them up sometime. I hope to have updates soon.

Comment

Here you go. http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=803

Comment

Working...
                                X