X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by h22sparkle
    if i havent why is my car still faster than yours hmm i dont know

because you have a type s and i have an f22b.....

so what if you have the money to hand over for a type s? that only proves you have money. it doesnt mean you're knowledgable in any way.

you're just like all those dumbass domestic drivers that think theyre fast because they have a v8. you think you're fast becuase you have the type s.

you have once again failed to defend yourself. why dont you say something to what i asked instead of rambling on with your ebonics?

if you plan to argue with me, do it in a manner in which I and everyone else can actually read and comprehend. Everyone is tired of your ebonics bullshit.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
      highly doubt it
      how and why do you highly doubt it?

they both need an f22 harness. both swaps would need something done to the distributor. both swap right in without mounts needing changed.

once again, you fail at life.

Comment

damn, shout it out
        .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          how and why do you highly doubt it?

once again, you fail at life.

DAMNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that shit has got to HURT. not at cars or skool but at LIFE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

cmon guys lets stop arguing and sparkle i think if u cant help anybody with the help they need just tell them good luck or somethin cuz it does seem that every post u make u say somethin about a h22 swap and suggest that everything u have they should get..........

I feel the same way i think if u got a cb and your not turbo u should drop a h22 but but everybody dont got deep pockets. so they go for somethin cheaper like H23 F22b ect. just try to look at it diffrently aight but i give u props on a type-s swapped CB very diffrent like people droppin 6k on a K- Series or a type-r.

BTWsorry for thread jacking i just felt it needed to stop and that gloryaccordy get's the help he need's i cant help u so G/L man

Comment

god damn sparkle your e-dick is getting bigger and bigger.

the f22b is probably the most straight forward swap ever.Glory, i wouldnt even have paid sparkle to do the swap, i gaurantee you you could do it.of course i dont know if have any time restrains so i dunno.I wish i lived near you, i would of helped you out for free

LOL@ charging him extra because it aint an h22.

ILBB
            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
            The world needs to be reset.

Comment

alright lets not turn gloryaccordy's thread into my car is better than yours thread. PLEASE!

glad you went with the F22B DOHC. check out my swap thread in my sig. it might answer many questions and it has many pics. honestly you have been on this site for a while and I believe that you could do the swap yourself. gather all the tools and read up on the swap and there is no reason why you wouldnt do a good job. you can always post here in your thread with questions. by doing it yourself you will know your car inside out and save money which you can put into the car or whatever you want. good luck with the swap. my t-belt looked fiine but i replaced it anyway with the GSR one for peace of mind. it will be a tight fit. check your timing 10 times before you put it all back together. it will let you turnover manually even if its a tooth off so check for all the markings. Good Luck and post pics of the motor! where did you get it from and how much did it run you.
              The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
              Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
              Check out my JDM F22B swap
              Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Glad to see you got the jdm f22b...the swap is easy as hell...

Car audio classifieds...
                http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/f...ferrerid=12120
                Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/blackoutt334?feature=mhee

Comment

Everything has pretty much been covered, but I saw a few things that were overlooked that you are definitely going to want to consider.

1) Make sure you replace the fuel injector seals when you change the fuel rail.

There are 4 of them per injector. The cushion ring between the rail and the injector, the upper seal (o-ring that sits in the fuel rail) The lower seal (o-ring that sits in the intake mani) and the insulator (plastic ring that the injector sits on in the mani to prevent it from conducting electricity).

The two that absolutely should be replaced are the 2 o-rings, otherwise you are liable to have a fuel leak. Severity depends on a lot of things, but it can be potentially pretty bad, considering those o-rings are about $2.00.

If you don't change them, you may get lucky, but if you don't, you will have to tear the fuel rail back apart to change everything. It is just a hassle and time lost for an easy preventative measure.

Make sure you coat all seals in engine oil before installing them (except the cushion ring and the insulator).

2) I wouldn't even consider putting the timing belt back in with the motor. You don't know the history, or how long it has been sitting, and it is out of the car, which makes it easy to change. I have seen belts that looked perfectly fine fail.

It would suck to render your new engine toast because you were too lazy to change the belt while it was out of the car. Especially when you have the replacement belt...

Make sure you check the T-belt and waterpump too. Those have both been known to take belts with them too. I am sure the tensioner should be fine based on the expected mileage, but it wouldn't hurt to consider changing the water pump.

All in all, good luck. I am sure it will work out fine. The swap is pretty straightfoward.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

yea, i would replace everything maintenance wise.

I got lucky on my engine. The only thing i replaced was the upper spark plug seals.

Comment

OK, update. It was raining out today so we really only got to tear stuff out of the old motor. All that is left now are the major stuff like axles and mounts. We had to cut my downpipe as the new motor only came with the top half of the header and the bolts are a bitch to get to...I think we're just gonna put my old header on it.

I got the motor from a local vendor for $900 after it was all said and done. I also got a new H22 clutch (sorry xwade) and the GSR timing belt. Aside from that, while the motor is out, here's my shopping list for this week:

Dizzy cap (for an H23?)
                      Throwout bearing
                      Fuel injector seals
                      Fluids
                      DX accessory belt

All my ignition stuff (wires, plugs) were installed around July, and all my hoses and stuff are newish too.

The car's at h22sparkle's house so over the course of the week he can continue to break it down...then next Sunday, weather permitting, we can pull the motor quickly and put the new one in. If anyone is in the NYC area who wants to lend a hand, feel free, PLEASE. We have a lot of work to do.

The swap is pretty straightforward though. I just can't wait to turn it over first time. I'm also really curious to see the engine damage on my original motor. I really beat the shit out of it...I'm almost certain the oil pump failed. Anyways, we'll have pics and everything soon, so stay tuned.
                      Last edited by gloryaccordy; 11-12-2006, 06:17 PM.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

wow $900 is a lot for the motor unless it came with a transmission. Mine was $800 w/o tranny with all accessories and thats shipped from Canada in great shape and clean.

as for the dizzy cap. my accord was internal dizzy and so was the motor so i just swapped them over and it worked fine. I think you have an external so if the motor is internal and you want to convert it to an external you can use your f22a cap.

good luck and post pics
                        The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                        Check out my JDM F22B swap
                        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

You should be able to convert the internal dizzy to external by extending a few wires, then getting a cap that uses external coil.

Get OEM Honda throwout bearing, FTW. I got one, it was $70 but it is solid. If you have not had a new clutch for a while and your clutch master is old you might want to go ahead and replace it. I got a new clutch and now (just over a week later) my master cylinder is leaking into the cabin, and smells like brake fluid.

You ditching AC and PS?
                          Gary A.K.A. Carter
                          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

cb7wagonPL- yea NYC is rip off city. I was thinking of getting an H22 but they wanted $1600 for the longblock and P13 ECU ...plus even with this motor the fucking dizzy was broken to shit, it has only two of the wires on it.

The G-Man- I got my clutch replaced a year ago w/a stock F22A Pep Boys clutch...it actually holds pretty well but I figured I'd just replace it while it's all out of the car. Would I be able to use the throw out bearing in it now? It seems to work fine and is only a year old.

I'm on the fence about PS but my AC hasn't worked since I got the car, so I don't really care about having it anymore. Really, I'm just doing this swap because I want my car back on the road...I hope by next summer I'll be in a position to buy a beater w/working AC...

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Yeah, you can use the throwout bearing you have now.
                              Gary A.K.A. Carter
                              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Damn g-man you paid a lot for your to bearing I only paid 45 from the dealer lol. Damn D112 is owning this thread up. Lol @ sparkle lol you still gotta wire shit up. Its less work since you do NOT have to wire up vtec/pressure/ground/ks or I dont think F22b had as ks.

The New-ish Ride
                                My old Ride
                                Hear my Vtak!!!
                                MK3 Member #3
                                I piss off people for fun.
                                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                                X