X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d112crzy
    f22b=160hp vs jdm h22 stock 190

i mean, the f22b keeping up with the h22 is not impressive at all. what was i thinking.

*EDIT*
    oops, my bad.

jdm h22a=200hp, even more.
    You think you still have 160hp? Because thats what you just compared. 160 will not keep up with 200 if the cars' weights are the same (same driver skill, etc etc). Like you said before, numbers dont lie. And saying x modded car(or engine) can keep up with x stock car(or engine) is stupid. Its not as much impressive as it is expected. Congrats on modding and tuning your engine I guess?

e: My only problem with my H22 is the powerband. I like that it revs to the sky (compared to nearly all of my friends cars) but I wish the powerband was smoother. Tuning tuning tuning.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
      You think you still have 160hp? Because thats what you just compared. 160 will not keep up with 200 if the cars' weights are the same (same driver skill, etc etc). Like you said before, numbers dont lie. And saying x modded car(or engine) can keep up with x stock car(or engine) is stupid. Its not as much impressive as it is expected. Congrats on modding and tuning your engine I guess?

e: My only problem with my H22 is the powerband. I like that it revs to the sky (compared to nearly all of my friends cars) but I wish the powerband was smoother. Tuning tuning tuning.
      Interesting you mention hp. At the time of that vid jose posted I was running an sri/2.5 exhaust and a stock p13 ecu. As you can see it was running extremely rich and dirty. I have no idea of what kind of hp I was putting out but I highly doubt it was anything above 165. Jose was running a chipped p06 semi tuned and i/h/e with an f22ax tranny. He runs pretty damn respectable times in the 1/4 mile but I haven't ever ran at the track. My point is it seems like these problems all occur between joser and sparkle along with several other people when they don't have time slips, or dyno slips to back up their claims. Sparkle if you are gonna keep dogging on other engines get a dyno sheet and some time slips already, the h22 type s may be rated at 220hp crank but who knows what you are putting out. Joser posted his why can't you? Bench racing and imaginary dyno readouts do no one any good. I respect both engines equally h22a(type s or non) vs f22b and I don't see any reason to put down other people when they go a different route. Who knows man, glory may plan on some 282 cams and go for a crazy n/a build that would put a type s to shame...who knows, that's all the fun of building your own version of a cb....
      Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
      Project 240SX
      Originally posted by chillin943
      anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
      Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Haha he cancelled his subscription lol you can do that on this site. Yes I have experienced the h22 richness you speak of haha my car is running similar to that =D You can ask the Dallas people that followed me lol. As the dude mentioned everyone has there styles. Bringing up the you shoulda got a type s and bragging about it when glory asked a few questions really made this thread turn around =D. And we know where that started from =D. Yea he might be a nice person in real life but he comes on cb7 thinking hes the shit. People like that just need to sit down and stfu. No one likes a cocky person. Some other people also are starting to act like that in the thread. But lets just see how Glorys f22b swap goes for now since it is his thread.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Should have done that about 5 pages ago.

Glory, good luck on the swap, show us how it is when it is done. I for one look forward to pics, vids or anything else you might have.

I opted out of the argument because it wasn't conducive to anything. The fact still remains that you can make a HP/$ case for anyone of the argued engines. Each person has their priorities and preferences, and we will just leave it at that.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
          X