Clear All

Badass!
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

that manifold looks like something NASA would use

Comment

man

Im excited to know that this beast will be in action.

sorry to hear about the shop, one disadvantage of no DIY!
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

dud thatz one sick ass CB7 u have there props on the wrench work

Comment

I thought your engine was fully built years ago... Did you have it built again?

I love the new look, but I actually kinda miss the red!

Comment

im glad i stirred up and update, motor looks good, sucks that your shop doesnt have more initiative. that mani. does look like the golden eagle piece. sucks that you cant be sure on its progress timeline.

-sean
              Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
              Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                I thought your engine was fully built years ago... Did you have it built again?

I love the new look, but I actually kinda miss the red!
                Yes I had it rebuilt. This is a picture of the old sleeved block with paper thin sleeves.

Next is the newly sleeved block.

These are the type sleeves I was under the impression were originally being installed by the first shop (Tempest Racing). I would not recommend anyone to use Tempest Racing located in Southern Maryland (Mechanicsville, Md).
                600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by new_beginnings View Post
                  Hey Karl,

Which shop is this?

Trev...
                  Hey Trev, I rather not say currently.

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                  Everything is looking great man. What kind of manifold is that since I didnt catch it or is it one of those one off custom ones made for your app since thats what it looks like lol.
                  Thanks Nail. The intake manifold is a Drag Werks manifold made by Golden Eagle. The outside says DRAGWERKS and the inside of the manifold says Golden Eagle. I purchased the manifold brand new from Golden Eagle for $325. Golden Eagle ran an add on Honda-Tech because a batch was made for Drag Werks and the manifolds were never purchased. So I was luck and got one for an awesome price.

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX View Post
                  mani looks like a golden eagle but i could be wrong

motor looks good, now it needs to run lol
                  Correct! Thanks for the compliment.

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                  Badass!
                  Thanks!

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                  that manifold looks like something NASA would use
                  You think?

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                  Im excited to know that this beast will be in action.

sorry to hear about the shop, one disadvantage of no DIY!
                  Thanks! You are 100% correct. I believe DIY needs to be must now days, especially in this area. I was just informed by a friend there is a someone on this forum with a prelude that gone through much of the same things I have experienced with various shops in the Maryland and Northern Va. area. Most odf these shops want top dollar while providing poor customer service and poor quality parts.

Originally posted by B20F22A1 View Post
                  dud thatz one sick ass CB7 u have there props on the wrench work
                  Thanks.

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX View Post
                  im glad i stirred up and update, motor looks good, sucks that your shop doesnt have more initiative. that mani. does look like the golden eagle piece. sucks that you cant be sure on its progress timeline.

-sean
                  Thanks much. Poor customer service. I have contemplated several times of pulling the job but there seems to be just a bunch of other poor service shops in the area from what I continue to hear.

Comment

Anyway, now it has been 2 weeks from my last update (9/27/2008) and the pictures below provide an example of the little progress to date. It is clear that my car has not been a priority with this shop.

Last edited by kamaccord; 10-11-2008, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Karl,

If you change routes as for as for completion, let me know.

I have a good buddy of mine in NoVa, and he is not a bs'er did not save from last time.!

Should the need arise, pm me for my number if you did not save it from last conversation.

Trevor...
                      RETIRED...

Comment

lmao i just commented on your cardomain page lmao!!

Originally posted by Juice21
                        thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
                        Originally posted by GameChewer
                        Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

Awsome car loving the set up. Awsome build nasty mani hope to join your 600hp club real soon. Good luck she will fly !!!
                          Last edited by ghostCB7; 11-13-2008, 10:37 AM.

Real Men Get Blown

Comment

Update.

I first wish to thank everyone for all your support during this project that I came very close to abandoning. However, I picked my car up from the about 1 1/2 weeks ago with a mild tune (10 psi) on pump gas for a 1500 mile break-in period. I really believe the shop was rushing to finish many cars for the import vs. domestic event held here on November 9, 2008 and just refuse to complete the tune. Anyway, at 10 psi the car made 370 whp on a mustang dyno during the tuning session on 93 octane.

Although I was pleased with the hp gains at 10 lbs of boost I was very disappointed a complete dyno session was not done. It seems the shop really did a rush job to get my car out being that I was picking the car up from them prior to the import vs. domestic event finished or not.

While my car was in the shop my Hondata S200 ended up missing in which I replaced with a S300. My front grill ended up missing which still has not been recovered. My front bumper was not mounted on the car as stated by the shop. My intercooler and intercooler piping was not reinstalled properly being that the clamps were not tightened and the intercooler was dragging the ground. My battery cables were just put on the battery posts without tightening.

To sum it all up this was one of the most frustrating and unprofessional experiences I have ever gone through relating to paid services.

Big ups to Mandrel Bending Solutions for re-fabricating my intercooler piping at no costs. Unfortunately the re-fabrication will not allow me the use of my fogs and bumper turn signals. That is quite alright for now.

I wanted to post the preliminary dyno sheet but my scanner is not working. I will probably have it scanned later today or tomorrow. Below are a few pics from under the car.

Last edited by kamaccord; 11-18-2008, 02:10 PM.

Comment

oh wow what a shop! and I bet they dont have any type of consideration for what they did. All they care about is how they got paid.

The car looks great from the pics. what happened to your fmic that the fogs and turn signals wont work?

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                                oh wow what a shop! and I bet they dont have any type of consideration for what they did. All they care about is how they got paid.

The car looks great from the pics. what happened to your fmic that the fogs and turn signals wont work?

The picture in my sig was taken after the vehicle was painted and the motor was out of the car. There was no intercooler piping at the time of the pics just the intercooler was mounted by the paint shop for fitting of the front bumper.

Comment

Working...
                                X