sideswipe : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
    Haven't updated my thread in a while since I haven't had the time or $ to do any work on the CB. Still drive it to work every day Mon-Fri and it's parked on the weekend since I also have a '10 Civic. Just passed 273,xxx on the clock and still running like a champ but I've been noticing more and more that it's age is starting to show, mostly with electrical issues. I still love this car and still have have plans I'd like to carry out on it but honestly.....I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it much longer anymore. Maybe I will, maybe I won't....been thinking on it for a while now and I'm just getting to a different period in my life where driving a 20 yr old modded Accord isn't making sense anymore. That being said, only time will tell what it's fate will be.....
    I am right there with ya dude...I been contemplating the same thing...just not sure which direction to go with this. BUT...I drove it the other day and had fun beating up on a V6 Eclipse and wow...just for a split second I said to myself...I aint getting rid of this car...but hey who knows...I get the right offer and perhaps I will let it go to a good home!

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
    ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7 View Post
      I am right there with ya dude...I been contemplating the same thing...just not sure which direction to go with this. BUT...I drove it the other day and had fun beating up on a V6 Eclipse and wow...just for a split second I said to myself...I aint getting rid of this car...but hey who knows...I get the right offer and perhaps I will let it go to a good home!
      I hear you on that......if it ever went to a new home it would have to be 1 that would appreciate it as much as I do.....and not be anywhere around where I live because I wouldn't want to see it get ragged out after all the work I've put into it over the last 10+ yrs! I still have love for it, just think I've been burned out on it lately since I've been broke the last 8 mos and haven't been able to give it the attention I'd like to. Next wk is the last wk of the broke status though since our 5 yr old is starting school and we won't have to pay for his daycare anymore....$400 a mo saved from now on! Best part is we stayed on top of the bills during all this and actually even got rid of a few in the process so we won't be playing catch-up with anything. Have just a couple more I'd like to pay off and then I'll be free to work on the CB....or whatever else again in the near future.
      Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

I must say that this wes put together well. I love that color. I use to be that color until I changed mine
        New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
        tsx retrofit
        f22b dohc boosted
        custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Originally posted by Gtseviper View Post
          I must say that this wes put together well. I love that color. I use to be that color until I changed mine
          Thanks bro!

Here's a pic I took a couple days ago while waiting to get my oil changed........

.......yeah, she needs a bath BAD!

Comment

Just a little update......from here on out I'm going to be putting a little $ aside from each paycheck to save up for and get the needed parts...and wanted parts....that I need to get this car how/where I want it. I'm really not that far off from finishing it and I'll be getting another car to DD real soon which will allow me to be able to work on it the way I want/need to.

1st up......get my RR window fixed. Part of the plastic housing that the cables from the window motor slide through broke off at the very top and now is preventing the window from rolling up 100%. It rolls up and down fine....except it doesn't close up the last 1/2" or so at the top when it's finished rolling up. Anybody have any knowledge/ideas on what it would take to get that part replaced and get the window working 100% again?

Comment

That same thing happened to me on the same window when I first bought mine. I just replaced the whole window motor and it fixed my problem. Let me know if you do that to your it fixes it. gl bro! Oh btw the cb's still lookin killer!
              Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
              CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
              Coupe MRT

Comment

Originally posted by lilb_1979 View Post
                That same thing happened to me on the same window when I first bought mine. I just replaced the whole window motor and it fixed my problem. Let me know if you do that to your it fixes it. gl bro! Oh btw the cb's still lookin killer!
                Thanks bro! I'm going to hit up a jy next Sat for some parts that I need and also 1's I've been looking for. Window will be fixed next weekend.

Comment

Well....hit up the jy and got the window motor I needed. Swapped it out and works like a champ! Big things about to happen with the CB later this month....long awaited heart transplant and some other good stuff...stay tuned.

Comment

Well....hit up the jy and got the window motor I needed. Swapped it out and works like a champ! Big things about to happen with the CB later this month....long awaited heart transplant and some other good stuff...stay tuned.
                    good to hear. What motor are you going to? I just got my h22 in and i'm lovin it
                    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
                      good to hear. What motor are you going to? I just got my h22 in and i'm lovin it
                      I swear your CB looks better every time I see it....awesome to see that H22 in there finally. I'm buying a fellow member's coupe on the 22nd and will be taking the H22a & LSD tranny out of it and putting it in mine. Then going to put my F22a1 & tranny in his, swap a few other parts between the cars and then sell the coupe.

Comment

Glad to hear that man, what year is the H22?
                        1990 Accord EX

Comment

I swear your CB looks better every time I see it....awesome to see that H22 in there finally. I'm buying a fellow member's coupe on the 22nd and will be taking the H22a & LSD tranny out of it and putting it in mine. Then going to put my F22a1 & tranny in his, swap a few other parts between the cars and then sell the coupe.
                          or keep the coupe and daily drive it. Keep the sedan for those nice sunny days. either way sounds good
                          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

or keep the coupe and daily drive it. Keep the sedan for those nice sunny days. either way sounds good
                            ^
                            This. haha

i just got an offer from the guy who bought my last CB to sell it back for $700. he doesnt like the fact that it doesnt have A/C or P/S. or the interior fan doesnt work. but hey. i could always buy it back and put the suspension stuff on the new CB ill be getting.....

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                              Glad to hear that man, what year is the H22?
                              It's a '95.

Don't want 2 CB's or I would...coupe will be sold after everything's swapped over from car to car. I'll be getting a CD this wk forDD duty.

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                              ^
                              This. haha

i just got an offer from the guy who bought my last CB to sell it back for $700. he doesnt like the fact that it doesnt have A/C or P/S. or the interior fan doesnt work. but hey. i could always buy it back and put the suspension stuff on the new CB ill be getting.....
                              Do it dude!

Comment

Do it dude!
                                oh i will. just got an update for it. so yeah. ill be getting it soon. hehehehe.

Comment

Working...
                                X