Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
    doesnt really matter, the vtec solenoid blocks it anyway
    Yeah, you're right dude...it does block it...mostly. Lol...

Originally posted by TAMPA View Post
    I like that color, lookin good
    Thanks bro! It's in serious need of a bath and a fresh paint job would be freakin awesome too!

I dropped the head off at the shop today...should hear something tomorrow or Fri about it's status. Keeping my fingers crossed for now.
    Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

Good News!

My engine builder called today...he took the head apart, inspected everthing, cleaned it all up and put it back together. He said it looked perfect so I won't be needing new valves after all! Going to be picking it back up tomorrow after work and setting up a day within the next couple weeks to get my motor put back together. Gotta order a new head gasket & a couple other small parts from Honda and a few other little things from some other places online 1st though. So freakin stoked right now...should have my baby back on the road this month!!

Comment

Count your lucky stars my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          Count your lucky stars my friend!
          Indeed I am!

I'm going to order everything on my parts list on Mon so I should have it all by the end of the week. In the meantime I'm going to clean my engine bay real good (not that it's that dirty ), alter my wiring a little, finish fixing & painting my front lip (almost ready for painting now) and a couple other little things on the to-do list.

Comment

Well, as of yesterday I have all the parts I need to get my baby put back together...and picked up a couple extra goodies too! Only thing I need to pick up now is a torque wrench and I should be getting 1 within the next couple days. I got my front lip repaired and sanded too, just need to Plastidip it now. In the meantime I've been trying to work on cleaning up my engine bay but it's been slow progress due to having a 2 & 6 yr old running circles around me, being somewhat cold outside now and also a serious lack of time. I'll get it done soon though...also working on doing some sort of wire tuck while I'm cleaning the bay out.

Comment

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
              also working on doing some sort of wire tuck while I'm cleaning the bay out.
              now that is what I am talking about!!!
              You almost had me cry a little when you said you werent sure if you were gunna keep her. After that long lonesome drive.

glad everything is coming back together! Hope you and your family had happy holidays!!

See ya soon I hope.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                now that is what I am talking about!!!
                You almost had me cry a little when you said you werent sure if you were gunna keep her. After that long lonesome drive.

glad everything is coming back together! Hope you and your family had happy holidays!!

See ya soon I hope.
                Thanks for the well wishes...hope you & yours had a good Christmas too.

I should be Meet ready again when they start rolling around next yr and I'm sure a crew reunion will be in order. Thanks again for helping with the swap bro...hopefully when she comes back to life this time she'll be even better than before! Every little bit I do gets me closer to peeling pavement again...even though progress has been seriously slow.

I finished cleaning the bay yesterday...just need to clean the back side of the block now. I wiped down the front of the block and most of the tranny yesterday as well. After all that was done I started addressing my wire harnesses...peeling off the old factory electrical tape and replacing it with some brand new stuff. Still thinking about what to do about some form of a tuck or wire concealing job...not really stoked about taking the fenders off to do a real tuck. I am going to at least open up the harnesses and remove the wires & plugs that are no longer needed due to deletes that have been done...EGR, A/C, CC, PS, FITV, O2, etc.

Comment

Update

H22 is finally in the reassembly process! Head is back on the block and together, timing belt is on, header is on, distributor is on and 90% of my wiring is retaped. Need to reinstall the balance shaft parts to complete the timing assembly, the intake manifold, the VTEC solenoid, finish the wiring, alt belt, plug in all the wire harnesses and do an oil change. Should have all this done within the next couple days. Only thing left after that is the valve adj and start-up!

I've been taking alot of pics along the way and I'll upload them when I get a chance. Stay tuned...

Comment

Progress pics...

...fixing my lip with some JB Weld bumper repair...

...bunch of parts waiting for install...

...Christmas present ...

...cleaning the top of the block & pistons...

...head bolts all cleaned up...

...replacing the stock im studs with Blox extended studs...

...cleaning the bottom of the head & valves...

...new head gasket installed...

...head being reinstalled on the block...

...cams...

...installing Blox cam seal...

...head back together and lubed...

...and wiring cleaned up and retaped...

That's all I have for now. Put in about a 1/2 hr of work this afternoon and should have her ready for start-up this weekend! Been a long time since I drove this car and I can't freakin wait!!

Comment

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!

So last Sat I got everything put back together finally, had a valve adjustment done, filled up the fluids, went to crank her up and....nothing. Sounded like she wanted to turn over but it just wasn't happening. On Sun I double checked everything even though I knew it all was good. Decided to do a spark plug test and then...nothing. Obviously no spark means no fire up and it also means there's a dizzy problem. To make a long story short I just decided to order a new dizzy instead of trying to guess which parts inside of the current 1 had gone bad.

New dizzy showed up on Fri and so yesterday I removed the old 1 and installed the new 1. Got in the CB, crossed my fingers, turned the key and...LIFE!! I can't even begin to tell you guys how freakin happy I was at that moment. After almost 12 yrs of owning this car and driving it basicly every day...the past 3 months of not driving it had been killing me! Especially after doing my H22 swap finally last yr and everything else that has gone into it.

Anyways, I let her idle for about 20 mins while I bled the coolant and looked for any possible leaks. All looked good so the hood went down and for the 1st time in months I drove her out of the driveway and onto the rd. I got her up to 30 mph, shifted into 3rd and proceeded to do 20 full throttle pulls from 30-50 mph. Each time I let the motor power back down to 30 mph before pulling again so I could get the piston rings to seal up good again. After all that was done I stomped it and all I can say is smiles & VTEC POWA!!! She felt even better than she did before everything went bad and now all I need to do is Plastidip my lip again and she's good.

Once again it's on!
                      Last edited by sideswipe; 02-02-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

So I Plastidipped my front lip again and drove the CB to work on Mon & Tues this week. She felt strong and it was awesome to be driving her again...but I was hearing & feeling a vibration from somewhere up front and it was making me nervous. I remembered something similar happening before the dizzy went down & the timing belt broke but it feels worse now...maybe because the car had been sitting for 3 months? Anyways, on my lunch break on Tues I took it up to my friends at Honda and we checked it out during a short cruise and putting it on the lift in the shop. Long story short...the front passenger wheel bearing is bad and the driver side 1 isn't far behind so once again...she's parked. Don't want to risk messing up anything else so she'll be chilling in the driveway until I order some new bearings...might just order hubs & bearings together to make it easier. Also while everything's apart I'll be installing my drilled & slotted rotors and some new brake pads. I'll hopefully be getting the suspension restoration kit from TAS Auto when my tax return comes in which means after that's installed the car should be pretty much restored...besides paint of course.

I have a few more pics to upload when I get around to it, but for now this is where she stands.

Comment

I believe this your car telling you sir that its time for a 5 lug system!
                          Now that she is sexy and ready to rock.

Extremely happy your in a better mood, bearings and hubs are easy.
                          So you be back with her in no time!
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                            I believe this your car telling you sir that its time for a 5 lug system!
                            Now that she is sexy and ready to rock.

Extremely happy your in a better mood, bearings and hubs are easy.
                            So you be back with her in no time!
                            Steve...what's up bro! Sorry to hear about your CB getting hit...sucks, but I know you'll get her rolling again. We all need to get a Mid-Atlantic Meet going sometime soon.

I'm definitely in a better mood concerning mine since I finally got her running again. Just want to make sure she's safe & sound before she hits the streets next time. My friend at Honda asked me if I wanted to sell her on Tues and I was like...uhh, nah. Lol... I'm going to stick with my 4-lug set-up for now since I don't care so much about going 5-lug...although I do like seeing it done on other members' CBs.

Comment

H22.....Jealous.... Sick ride bro, she has come a long way. Props

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by DanCan View Post
                                H22.....Jealous.... Sick ride bro, she has come a long way. Props
                                Thanks bro! She's definitely changed alot over the yrs, but I've taken good care of her too. No accidents, no rust and still clean...(knock on wood). Love the H22...she's a beast!

Comment

Working...
                                X