sideswipe : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
    nice man. you need to go ahead and sell those rims so you can get some others one to make an even bigger change. lol.
    So buy them and I will fool!

Originally posted by Hostile View Post
    The most recent pics look awesome. Nice mod list. How does the car feel with the deleted front engine mount?
    Thanks bro. Feels strong, the Innovative mounts are awesome!

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
    Lookin good bro!
    Thanks dude. Congrats again on your AOM win too!

My best friend and I hit up a jy a week ago and right after I walked in I scored this...

...It's an '88 Nissan Maxima flushmount. I'm going to sand it down, clean it and then paint it before I decide what I'm going to do with it. It's the 1st time I've got my hands on a flushmount of any kind so that's pretty cool...but I'd rather have a Honda 1. We'll see.

Also ordered & installed some amber bulbs for the corners on my 1-piecers. They look awesome at night but taking pics of it isn't so easy...lol...

Going to do some wire tightening up in my engine bay today in preparation for the ECHM in 2 weeks.
    Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

progress

wish I could make it to ECHM...missed it last year and again this year.
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
        progress

wish I could make it to ECHM...missed it last year and again this year.
        Little by little dude. ECHM should be awesome...it was last yr.

So this past weekend I fixed my lip...again...and then layed down a couple new coats of Plastidip on the whole lip to freshen it up.

I also had picked up a set of Energy Suspension sway bar endlinks and sway bay bushings which I finally got around to installing. Only problem was, the dude at Advance ordered the wrong freaking 1s so the bushings were too big in diameter and the endlink bolts were waaay too freaking long! I had already removed my stock endlinks and needless to say they were in bad shape....

....so I had no choice but to proceed with the install. I decided to use the ES endlink bushings with the stock endlink bolts and left out the spacers to see what the result would be and came up with this....

...which I wasn't very satisfied with. On to a better plan...went to the local hardware store and picked up 2 M10 8 grade 4" bolts, 2 M10 lock nuts and 6 M10 washers to redo the setup with. The ES bushings fit over the M10 bolts very nicely after the bolts were greased and this time I used the 3 washers on each side to match the diameter of what the stock spacers would have been. This is what I have now and it feels waaay better than that busted up stock crap did...

The sway bar bushings were actually in perfect shape so I just cleaned them up, put new grease on them and reinstalled them. They felt like they were poly instead of rubber too...who knows. Lol...

Next up is the upper & lower balljoints.
        Last edited by sideswipe; 06-18-2012, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Doing it big Kris!

Oh and Happy late B day man! Sorry I couldn't make it. Working 7 days a weeks sucks ass. Trying to pay for all my moving expenses to FL since we just bought this house!

SMH....

Comment

What's up man. CB looking good from the last time I saw it...
            Accord Of The Month January 09
            Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
            BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by Vila View Post
              Doing it big Kris!

Oh and Happy late B day man! Sorry I couldn't make it. Working 7 days a weeks sucks ass. Trying to pay for all my moving expenses to FL since we just bought this house!

SMH....
              It's all good man and thanks! Work always sucks...might as well get used to that for a while. Good luck with your FL adventure too.

Originally posted by RICHIE*GT35R View Post
              What's up man. CB looking good from the last time I saw it...
              Thanks bro, alot has changed since the ATL Meet a few yrs ago when you saw it. Just been chillin, working and taking care of the family...you know how it is. Every once in a while I find the time & $ to do some work on the CB though. Def loving this H22...freakin hauls ass!

Comment

saw this ride at ECHM today.

looks real good.
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                  saw this ride at ECHM today.

looks real good.
                  Thanks man, was good seeing you up there.

After I washed up the car Fri night I took a couple pics...

Comment

Effin gorgeous. Attention to detail, super clean, all the right pieces. What's not to love?

Done some fantastic work to this car.

Comment

Hate I missed ECHM but that's the way it goes sometimes.
                      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                        Effin gorgeous. Attention to detail, super clean, all the right pieces. What's not to love?

Done some fantastic work to this car.
                        Thanks bro, means alot!

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post

Hate I missed ECHM but that's the way it goes sometimes.
                        It's all good, stuff happens. How's the rebuild going?

I'm not sure if it's just me or what but I kinda felt like the CB wasn't running quite the same while on the way home from the ECHM. Might have just been the heat upsetting it or something, but when I would stop at a light or whatever the idle was a little higher than normal. It also felt like the car was shaking while accelerating through the lower rpms...like around 3k. It does shake because of the Innovative mounts but this felt like a little more...maybe. Hopefully it's alright because this car has been my dd for 11+ yrs and my wifey would kill me if something messed up on it after all the time & $ I just put into swapping the H22 in. It's been parked since I got home from the Meet Sat night except for 1 run I took it on down the rd Sun afternoon.

Comment

did you figure out what is going on?
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

Tint dude. Tint. Lol. That's one thing that's kissing that would make it look better. Plus with these hot days it'll make the interior a little cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                              did you figure out what is going on?
                              Well...I looked all over in the engine bay for anything that looked disconnected or wrong and all I found at 1st was a missing nut on the intake manifold on the driver side. No biggie I guess since I had another 1 to replace it with, still weird that it came off though. Decided out of curiosity to remove the oil cap on the valve cover...looked ok from what I could tell but that led me to my next piece of inquiry...the oil dipstick. Pulled the dipstick to check the oil level...the freakin thing was dry! Keep in mind I JUST swapped this motor in on March 3rd and it's been running awesome especially after I had it tuned on May 5th. The motor only had roughly 80k on it when I acquired it and decided I to have it torn down & rebuilt anyways so it's basicly brand new. I changed the oil on it the 1st time at 600 miles, the 2nd time at 600 miles and I'm now on my 1st regular 3k-4k oil change cycle. With that said I've only put around 3k miles on it since it was swapped in which isn't much.

Anyways, I had about 3/4 of a bottle of oil so I put that in and checked the oil level about 20 mins later...oil had barely touched the end of the dipstick still. Went to Auto Zone and picked up 2 more qts which I put in later that night and checked the next day at lunch...the oil level was in between the 2 markers on the dipstick now. From there I went to Advance and picked up 2 more qts of oil, put 1 in and went back inside to work. After work I checked the oil level and it was just past the 2nd marker now...cool. I still have the last qt in my trunk just in case I need it. The car felt better on the way home and the oil level was still the same when I checked it today.

Long story short...I don't know what the crap is going on for oil to disappear like that! I've been told that H22s burn oil...but like this? My best friend was riding in his Hatch next to me on the way to the ECHM and said he didn't notice any black smoke from my exhaust except during down shifting when we would mess around on the hwy for a sec. The motor does have a very small oil drip...about a quarter sized puddle every other day, but that wouldn't explain this much oil loss. I really don't understand what's going on and needless to say, I'm a little paranoid now about it. I'm seriously hoping that nothing is wrong with the motor due to the rd trip and oil loss combo. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                              Tint dude. Tint. Lol. That's one thing that's kissing that would make it look better. Plus with these hot days it'll make the interior a little cooler.
                              Tint would be nice...but I'm not doing any more mods for a while dude.

Comment

well you need to make sure you check your oil every week. especially after a swap.

Comment

Working...
                                X