No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent about 2 hours cutting this one to size. Lots of fitting, cutting, sanding, re-fitting and so on. Used double sided tape that's rated to 1lb/inch hold so it won't be going anywhere soon. I like this one a lot better than the last one I had. Overall it just has a better quality feel to it. Looks a bit better too.
    Last edited by Mike1357; 04-14-2014, 01:16 AM.

Comment

side profine shot

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

The car is dirty as all hell and hasn't moved in about 2 months, but here are some more pictures, even if they aren't from her good side. I gotta replace that door.

Last edited by Mike1357; 04-14-2014, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Well after over a year waiting I have finally been able to start driving my girl again! Trust me when I say that I am glad I'm running a replica fiberglass lip; a real GReddy lip would've shattered by now. I scrape it daily, there's just no getting around it in some places, but I love it just the same.

Did a few things at work today. Finally got around to installing my badges and took another page from keepinitclean.

Last edited by Mike1357; 04-14-2014, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Car is looking good bro I have to some cleaning on my engine bay so it can look like yours.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod View Post
              Car is looking good bro I have to some cleaning on my engine bay so it can look like yours.
              Thanks man! Eventually I want to do a mild wire tuck to clean it up a little more.

I got around to doing something today that I've been meaning to do for a while now:

In addition to the tires I used one of those generic touch up paint deals to clean up a few small rust spots and gashes in the bumper. If you look close you might be able to spot them.
              Last edited by Mike1357; 01-19-2014, 09:47 PM.

Comment

USF meet. Needless to say there were a lot of people staring into the engine bay whilst having a WTF moment when they realized it was automatic.

I'm thinking about doing a mild wire tuck within the next two weeks or so and I have to get around to rolling my other rear fender so it doesn't eat my tire every time I have someone in the car.

Comment

I decided to go ahead and install my oil pressure sender this past weekend and ironed out all the kinks today. I had an oil leak or two in my setup because I didn't tighten a few of the connections as well as I should have. I also had a bad draw with the pressure sender. Turns out the original one I got with the gauge was bad so I drove down to the distributor and swapped it out for a new one.

Here are a few pictures of my setup.

Last edited by Mike1357; 04-14-2014, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Mike1357; 04-14-2014, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Mike1357; 04-14-2014, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Now that's what a sidewall is supposed to look like.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                          Now that's what a sidewall is supposed to look like.
                          I agree completely. Nice and chunky.

Well, today was oil change day so I decided to snap a few impromptu pics.

Here is a picture of my full exhaust setup.

And here is another picture of the setup I used for my oil pressure sender for my aftermarket gauges.
                          Last edited by Mike1357; 04-14-2014, 01:23 AM.

Comment

The car is looking excellent as always! I am still in love with that meaty stance. The chrome trim on the bumper even looks good too!! What size was the chrome trim you used? It looks a bit better and flush compared to mine.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

What can I say, I just love the way the sidewall looks. Thanks for the compliments man.

All I know about the chrome trim is that it came in the green colored packaging. We had some laying around at work so I went ahead and did the front and rear bumpers. Not bad for free. I saw some at the auto parts store the last time I was there, I just didn't pick it up.

Comment

Well, there was much done this weekend. I took a few bs pics with some wheels we had lying around the shop I work at, replaced my leaky valve cover gasket, gave the car her first wash in almost a month and swapped out transmissions in Juice21's CB. Not my first trans job, but certainly not the easiest. I also finally decided to swing by an auto parts store and grab some more chrome trim tape stuff and finish off the sides of the car. I must say, in the past I've opposed the use of any lick and stick stuff, but the chrome trim on the black moldings looks pretty good in my opinion.

Last edited by Mike1357; 04-14-2014, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X