No announcement yet.

LadyG : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean B6 swap, i would have cut the ear off the PS bracket but it looks great. Appreciate the rep on the B6 write, After long hours searching and looking for the scattered swap information I threw the thread together after completing the install. Glad someone found it usefull...

Comment

It was THE only thread, which I found surprising! Jarrett actually found your thread for me. I also used the oddy forums for some other info- but as to the basic "tricks" for this swap- Yours was IMMENSELY helpful.
      Thanks again!
      Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Long time, no update!

I have a box full of (moog) ball joints and bushings ready to be put on. We are waiting to buy camber kits before installing it all.

Camber chewed up the tires on the itrs- so we ordered new tires for my Motegi's- its refinishing time! I'm going to be doing something kinda "out of the box"
        So that will be a future update.

I bought replacement eyelids- going to buy 3 minute epoxy this time and use more 3M tape. MOAR.

I had ordered this custom hood bra from a dude in malaysia, but what he ended up making was NOT what I ordered... IDK what's gonna happen there.

So, yeah. That's "what's up".

Thank you everyone, that has voted for me in the AoM. It means a lot to me to even have been close running! I love yall. <3

Comment

New tires, check.
          Refinish Motegi's, check.

Get center caps vinyl wrapped, almost check. (Designed, but not dropped off yet.)

Look for a photoshoot update soon!
          I have missed my 17's pretty badly.

Comment

Having bad camber chew up 17" rubber isn't much fun is it? Those centers will be one of a kind for sure. Are the wheels white or do I spy a light grey?
            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

F* no, it isn't fun! lol!
              The camber monster has eaten 2 sets of nittos... my 17" set (the first time) and the set that was on the itrs. It also nearly ate up my set on my steelies.
              This new set is not a "Z" rated (soft compound) tire, but "R" rated, so I am hoping they'll last till I buy camber kits. The camber kits are expensive, but they're coming. She's also going back up for daily driving. (Though I will miss the sight of her all sexy and low, in the windows downtown)

You really don't want to see what I have on there at the moment. *shudder*
              Its hideous, and thankfully, temporary.

I repainted them in white, but since I did the strip-down and refinishing, I did it right- and the outcome is very clean metal. I left the sides of the spokes and the barrels aluminum, and sprayed the faces and lips. its subtle.
              The center-caps are not.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                  F* no, it isn't fun! lol!
                  The camber monster has eaten 2 sets of nittos... my 17" set (the first time) and the set that was on the itrs. It also nearly ate up my set on my steelies.
                  This new set is not a "Z" rated (soft compound) tire, but "R" rated, so I am hoping they'll last till I buy camber kits. The camber kits are expensive, but they're coming. She's also going back up for daily driving. (Though I will miss the sight of her all sexy and low, in the windows downtown)

You really don't want to see what I have on there at the moment. *shudder*
                  Its hideous, and thankfully, temporary.

I repainted them in white, but since I did the strip-down and refinishing, I did it right- and the outcome is very clean metal. I left the sides of the spokes and the barrels aluminum, and sprayed the faces and lips. its subtle.
                  The center-caps are not.
                  Ive eaten a set in as little as 9k miles. camber kit made the front last over 20k on my last set and the last 5k I burned them from lowering it more and not getting an alignment, or I could have gotten 30k. Ingals will pay for themselves very quickly! I got the wicked tuning rear arms for like $60-65, we don't have many rear arm options but it's worth it. Rears stay like new. If you are going to adjust your height from time to time you might want to get a camber alignment level, they aren't too much and you could adjust between alignments, and pre adjust the camber before handing it to a shop so you get your height how you want.

I did white on my old school tri-stars a long time ago, I loved it, black gloss is the new chrome and I'm going to go white again on my civic. Watch, you will notice heads turn more with them white!

:edit: just a shout-out to the rustoleum can in the background.

Comment

Center caps (below) are with the vinyl wrap guy, and I am in the process of painting all the non functional bolts purple.

My wheels are wet because it rains everyday in FL at this time of year... and that rain is also why its taking me SO f*ing long to finish them!!

This wheel only has one coat of purple on the bolts, the top pic has 3 coats.

Comment

Nice!

This car is going to be super girly by December, isn't it...

Comment

i like the bolts, good contrast. if you paint the center caps the same color it'll look really nice. you idea for the caps is nice too lol
                        FRIENDS
                        DONT LET
                        FRIENDS
                        ROLL ON
                        ROTA'S

Comment

Super Girly? No.
                          You know how many guys are riding around with pastel green or various shades of pink? A LOT.

Besides, unless I ride around hoodless, that little bit of purple is all the fem that is on display. I actually love it when people are surprised that this is a girl's car.

I'm not painting the center circles.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing these completed and on the car. It should be an impressive change!

Comment

I love the accent bolts some wheels have, going purple makes then even better.

Comment

Its because they are fake multi- piece! I actually wish they were not there at all. But they are, so i make do.

Comment

Working...
                                X