No announcement yet.

LadyG : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job! I love your attitude towards your ideas and decisions. I love seeing girls in CB's....haven't seen one yet in a wagon...except a few old farts that go "Leave me alone..ahhh" and they have worse than jy cars. Then there are ones driving pure perfect mint stock at 35mph even on the freeways (turnpike).
    What type of paint or decals did you use for the engine? I'm sure they are made to withstand the heat?
    hi to the kids!

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

The VC was shaved and sprayed with auto grade paint and clear. Then I painted it with regular acrylic paint, and put MONDO clear on top. Tiny coats at first though so the designs didn't run.

The only thing that has happened to it in the last year of running it, has been the oil that comes out of the breather hole in the vc has but a greenish cast on the clear... I have not tried to correct it yet.

Other than that, looks like the day I put it on.
      Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Oh YEAH!
        She is dirrrty though. My drivers window doesn't roll up- so it is a pain in the ass to wash her.
        Last edited by LadyG; 07-06-2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
          OMG! I've been asleep on this thread Monica!
          Those rims make your sedan jump, much better color. It almost looks like a different CB ..
          Oh and errr, edit: center caps .. please? I wanna seeee ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

The vinyl guy tried 3 different kinds of vinyl- and it just wouldn't hold through the "grip" part of the cap.
            I think I just have to paint them. :/

I was going to get a hood bra from this malaysian guy who makes them. It was supposed to say "LadyG" in white (where the "accord" would go-off to the side) and be a very dark grey.
            He sent me a pic of a tan one- with "lady" un-capitalized in grey, and a pink capital "G".

So I said, "That is not what I wanted." and he said "So?"
            and that was the last I heard from him.
            At least I hadn't sent the money!

Oh!
            I am buying my camber kits on sat!
            Full suspension rebuild, GO.

Comment

The vinyl guy tried 3 different kinds of vinyl- and it just wouldn't hold through the "grip" part of the cap.

I was going to get a hood bra from this malaysian guy who makes them. It was supposed to say "LadyG" in white (where the "accord" would go-off to the side) and be a very dark grey.
              He sent me a pic of a tan one- with "lady" un-capitalized in grey, and a pink capital "G".

Oh!

Consider hydrographics for the center caps.

I would paint the ff7 the same color purple on that one spoke too. Or I would sand it out to bare aluminum.

Nice car though.
              Originally posted by wed3k
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I had not considered hydro graphics! Great suggestion!
                I am good on the FF7 being a different color.
                I almost shaved it off- but that would have taken more time- and the wheels I had on there while refinishing were so hideous, that i didn't want to wait.

Thanks Justin.

Comment

Oh!
                  ROFL Don't all girls in the US LOOOVE pink?

I understand it, working with a lot of foreign women, they love pink as a rule more than average american girls.
                  My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

wow, I have missed some things. I like the new colors for the wheels and I look forward to seeing the center caps!!

it sucks that the guy screwed up the hood bra you wanted to get
                    1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                    1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                    1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                    1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
                      wow, I have missed some things. I like the new colors for the wheels and I look forward to seeing the center caps!!

it sucks that the guy screwed up the hood bra you wanted to get
                      And I wanted one of those. Makes me think I should get my cleaned up and embroider them myself!!!
                      The CB7 Collector.
                      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                      92 LX Coupe F22A1
                      2013 Toyota Corolla S
                      92 EX Sedan F22A1
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                        And I wanted one of those. Makes me think I should get my cleaned up and embroider them myself!!!
                        yea, sounds like what I might have to do too. I have an embroidery machine too (I was already planning on making my own hood bra and then I can add my own details)

Comment

I think I need some nicer radiator brackets now! lol!
                          how did you make it fit? I am sick of having the plastic and metal radiator. also where did you buy it? it is time for a new one already because of the design and my cooling system problems (that will be solved soon when I get an engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                            ROFL Don't all girls in the US LOOOVE pink?

I understand it, working with a lot of foreign women, they love pink as a rule more than average american girls.
                            Ha, yes- However, most girls put pink on their cars, in an effort to stand out as a girl in the car scene. I don't want people to look at my car, and automatically know it is owned by a chick.

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
                            how did you make it fit? I am sick of having the plastic and metal radiator. also where did you buy it? it is time for a new one already because of the design and my cooling system problems (that will be solved soon when I get an engine)
                            Chris- my bf relocated the lower radiator brackets (is fab guy), but the top mounts fit. It is a full size DA integra radiator. We got mine in trade, but on average an aluminum rad runs about $150 online.

UPDATE:
                            A C. Fl guy from the FB group (!) gave me his old cb9 bumper- (he swapped it for a sedan bumper) and the LuckyStar lip mounting can commence.
                            Its getting permanently fused with the bumper- because should the day come when I sell it (aka when im dead) I want to ensure it is not cut to fit a sedan/coupe. It will be sold on the appropriate bumper.
                            Then, the whole shebang is getting painted. eyelids, grill and bumper/lip, and THEN there will be pics. Lots of pics.
                            Like I've been waiting 2.5 years- load of pics.

Wheels are something Ive given up on for now. They are not something Chris comes across in trade very often, and having 800+ dollars to drop on what I like just doesn't happen.
                            So, maybe in another couple years!

Also- a lot of maintenance going down lately. Breaks, camber kits, full grease-down of these squeeky ass poly bushings!

So, yeah, something happened with meh ride! I'm telling yall about it!

Comment

Guess what????

not a damn thing.

I am going to be rockin stockies most of the time from now on.
                              That last paint incarnation did not last long. There is something to be said for auto grade paint. (what my wheels were paint matched with)
                              Also, wanted to let yall know I'm around. Not posting much, but bumping my thread for noob literacy- and generally stalking yall on here.

Comment

Why paint match the wheels?

Comment

Working...
                                X