No announcement yet.

LadyG : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see you're still around. Glad you got the right bumper for the lip. I'm fairly certain you'll be the only one around rocking the full lucky star getup.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
      Why paint match the wheels?
      When I did my first respray of the car, I paint matched the wheels. That shit was clean. I was noting that the auto grade paint/clear outperforms high quality spray can anyday, on wheels.
      Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
      Good to see you're still around. Glad you got the right bumper for the lip. I'm fairly certain you'll be the only one around rocking the full lucky star getup.
      Thanks Mike, of course I'm here! I have had a lot going on, but I always have time for yall.
      Though I have to note, that mine is not the "full" luckystar setup. Only the front lip. The grill is hideous, I do not want- and I have NEVER seen side skirts or a rear lip... I have no idea if they exist.

A few things I am looking forward to, though I have no idea when they will take place:
      My car is getting resprayed again, along with the bumper, lip, grill and eyelids. Same color. (The previous guy to do it did a crap job, and this time I will assist in the full teardown and prep.) My bfs car should be up again for the first time in 2 years, so my girl can go down for a while. This will give me the opportunity to check off some things (maintenance and otherwise) I have wanted to get done.
      Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Awesome Paint I that's my goal for next year after I graduate from college

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
          When I did my first respray of the car, I paint matched the wheels. That shit was clean. I was noting that the auto grade paint/clear outperforms high quality spray can anyday, on wheels.

Thanks Mike, of course I'm here! I have had a lot going on, but I always have time for yall.
          Though I have to note, that mine is not the "full" luckystar setup. Only the front lip. The grill is hideous, I do not want- and I have NEVER seen side skirts or a rear lip... I have no idea if they exist.

A few things I am looking forward to, though I have no idea when they will take place:
          My car is getting resprayed again, along with the bumper, lip, grill and eyelids. Same color. (The previous guy to do it did a crap job, and this time I will assist in the full teardown and prep.) My bfs car should be up again for the first time in 2 years, so my girl can go down for a while. This will give me the opportunity to check off some things (maintenance and otherwise) I have wanted to get done.
          I believe the Lucky Star grill has potential. projectors and black housings might change things. however it's going to be expensive to attempt in the first place.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
          MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

ah, I missed an update, glad you finally got a CB9 bumper to go with your lip I look forward to the pics when you are able to get some things done to her! You inspire me to keep on with my car.
            1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
            1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
            1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
            1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

I haven't checked out your MRT in a long while. The white wheels looked sick with the body color, it's too bad it sounds like you're ditching that. And yeah, rattle-canning doesn't hold up well in that area; it's almost powder coat or nothing. The car's very nicely done all over, though.

I always loved your custom valve cover/intake painting, by the way. My mom was all about that flowery, artsy craft stuff throughout my younger years, so I grew to really appreciate it. You gots talent.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Noticed the new sig ... I liiiike ..
                Hope all is well with ya LG ...

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

HondaLady-
                  Those words are some of the nicest things anyone has said to me. Thank you.

CyborgGT- should your Mother want a VC/ intake tube painted- I would love to do another set.
                  Powder coating is def where its at for wheel colors.

Pakalolo- Im doing alright. not great, but alright.

Comment

I'm salty, you and Chris are the reasons (mainly) why I came here in the first place. Now I don't see you guys no more. Happy isn't happy about that.
                    The CB7 Collector.
                    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                    92 LX Coupe F22A1
                    2013 Toyota Corolla S
                    92 EX Sedan F22A1
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Um... this is the first time I've heard from you since I heard through the grapevine that you and Michelle got hitched.
                      Phone works in both directions bud!

Comment

Yesterday my CB was totaled. It was a hit and run.

A person in a newer Toyota Tacoma ran a stop sign on a side street- going about 30-40mph and hit me, traveling on the hwy going about 45.

The people who saw the accident said he had been going down that 25mph residential street at 60mph.

I saw him not stopping at the sign and hit the gas, trying to outrun him (because I am going 45) It did not save the car, but what it did was save my little boy's face. That extra 1.5 ft to the rear is why he is not hurt.
                        When he hit me, He was pushing us towards a high curb so I cut the wheel to use momentum to spin around, when I started to turn he PUSHED THE GAS and once straight, took off. We ended up facing the wrong way in the highway. I immediately jammed it in first and cut back up to the street he had flown out of.

About 4 people saw this accident, and two were almost hit by dude on the side street. They called 911 as soon as they saw it happen.
                        I had all three of my sons in the car. None of us are injured, other than soreness and heartache.

The guy (kinda far) behind me on the highway got a partial on his license plate, and a whole mess of my friends have shared the description of the truck and the kind of damage.

Pics:

As you can see- I can save a lot of it- it will all have to go on a new body.
                        So yes, I will buy a new CB.
                        Once I am done mourning my girl.
                        I feel like a friend has died.

Comment

Wow that sucks Monica. She was one of the cleanest ones on here for a while now.

Very thoughtfully done, at least imo.

At the end of the day though, thank goodness you and your boys were unharmed, as that is always the most important.

Look forward to seeing your next cb.

Comment

Sorry to hear of this incident. Your on the spot reaction most definitely kept your family from injury, which is most important. Good luck finding the guy.
                            1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Monica I am glad everyone is ok after that hit and run. If you would pm me the description of the Tacoma and license plate I will be on the look out as well. The same kind of hit and run happened to me back in 2004 and I never got the guy. But I want to give you an extra set of eyes on the road.
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Sorry to see that your "Epic Mom Car" got totaled. Glad to hear that everyone is safe aside from a little sore. I understand wanting to protect the kids though, I can't imagine my little guy getting hurt like that. Hopefully everyone recovers fine, and you can even save the spirit of your car into a new shell.
                                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
                                X