No announcement yet.

cuate01221 : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the cb7 will be stored for winter and I will be rolling on some shitbox for winter. Anyway here are a few pics

Still piecing together my turbo build. So far I have an Apexi Power FC ecu, Saab 550cc injectors and the volvo turbo

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
      I think the cb7 will be stored for winter and I will be rolling on some shitbox for winter. Anyway here are a few pics

Still piecing together my turbo build. So far I have an Apexi Power FC ecu, Saab 550cc injectors and the volvo turbo
      SOOO... wth is that ecu from? How is it going to be tuned? I haven't heard of it... And do the Saab injectors fit? What model turbo is that? If it's a small turbo and or you are going for low stock block boost those injectors are really more than you need. Do a lot of homework, or you will have a huge paperweight for a block.
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post

SOOO... wth is that ecu from? How is it going to be tuned? I haven't heard of it... And do the Saab injectors fit? What model turbo is that? If it's a small turbo and or you are going for low stock block boost those injectors are really more than you need. Do a lot of homework, or you will have a huge paperweight for a block.
        Well I am slowly buying everything. My plan is to boost the stock block on 6-7psi for now and slowly build another block to throw in later. For the other block I plan on an 86mm bore with arias forged low comp pistons, some h beam rods, a bigger turbo, mild head work, bisi 1.2 cam, and a custom header.

As for the computer, you have never heard of it?! I practically got it for free from my buddy. He had it managing his 2jz powered mazda B2000 but upgraded to a microtech computer. He has all the orginal manuals that show how to wire everything to work for my f22ax motor.

Comment

Well that's a start I guess.. what I mean is I have read hours and hours about every tuning method people have used on cb's. So you can get it wired up... How are you going to get a basemap for that Ecu?

Before you do bigger turbo I would highly suggest you get a good wideband and datalog setup and learn tuning really well til you are comfortable, it would suck so much more if you built a motor and blew it.
          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
            Well that's a start I guess.. what I mean is I have read hours and hours about every tuning method people have used on cb's. So you can get it wired up... How are you going to get a basemap for that Ecu?

Before you do bigger turbo I would highly suggest you get a good wideband and datalog setup and learn tuning really well til you are comfortable, it would suck so much more if you built a motor and blew it.
            For the basemap, I will just be downloading one for chrom and copying it over to the power fc. Then once its running I will bring it over to the dyno and have it dyno tuned.

As for the wideband. I will be getting that very soon from summit racing.

Comment

Had to buy a brand new set of tires as I blew one this week Went with a set of cheap General Altimax Hp. Paid $392 for tires to be mounted, balanced and disposal fees. Not to bad I guess. I just NEED to paint those wheels! Hate the way it looks right now

Comment

Doing new disks, pads, and wheel bearings on the CB at the moment. Was going to replace all lug studs while I was there, but the auto parts store around me only carry 1 on hand. Got a total of 4 of them. Replaced 2 that were broken and changed one that didn't look to healthy and kept one just in case. Anyway, I'll try to post some more pics tomorrow

EDIT: Also doing axles while I'm there
                Last edited by cuate01221; 08-15-2012, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Finally finished up my big brake upgrade. My front brake setup now consists of wagon rotors, odyssey brackets and pads. Next is a ROH setup when these rotors get low.

Last edited by cuate01221; 08-19-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Here are some better pics of the wagon rotor upgrade. I love how it looks now, but I need to paint the rims and the calipers very soon! But I guess function over form is better than form over function

That's some tight clearance right there!

Comment

Turbo build is very slowly but surely coming along. School is killing my work hours, but I'm slowly buying things I need and making anything I can. I will be obtaining the piggy back ecu this Friday and hopefully the exhaust manifold after that.

Here is a block off plate I made for the OEM BOV

Comment

Today I converted the Volvo turbo flange into a T3 type flange. I will be making a custom header to be able to keep my AC and power steering.

And here it is with a T3 gasket.

Comment

No big updates just yet, but still gathering parts for the turbo build. I just got my HKS BOV yesterday. Next is an AEM a/f kit.

Parts needed:
                          Bisi rod and piston combo: $760
                          Bisi 660cc injectors: $400
                          intercooler and piping: $250
                          Build my custom exhaust manifold: $20
                          Act clutch: $300
                          dyno tune: $300.

This shit adds up quick! lol hopefully next summer I'll cure that boost bug :P

Comment

Turbo build WHAT!!!

I'm in for this.

Comment

hey do you have another f22 to rebuild for boost?
                              back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                                Turbo build WHAT!!!

I'm in for this.
                                Hell yeah man! Hopefully by next summer I will be boosted.

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
                                hey do you have another f22 to rebuild for boost?
                                I'm searching for a spare long block at the moment actually

Comment

Working...
                                X