Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little photoshoot today

Comment

I did some test fitting with the turbo the other day. I will be keeping A/C and P/S on this build. Only thing in my way right now is the upper radiator hose which will be an easy fix. This is how the turbo will sit in my engine bay, except it will be a tad bit lower.

Time to start making my custom manifold!

Comment

Added some stickers to my car today for some MAAAD horsepower gains! lol

Comment

That sticker is asking for speeding tiks.

I thought you were going for 6-7 psi? That's overkill injector wise by far unless you are going for much much more hp, in which case you got a lot more building to do.
          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
            That sticker is asking for speeding tiks.

I thought you were going for 6-7 psi? That's overkill injector wise by far unless you are going for much much more hp, in which case you got a lot more building to do.
            I'm still debating on the injectors, but I might buy them to have them there just in case I feel like upgrading in the future. And since I'm going with a nice set of a internals I figured I might as well raise boost a little bit as well. I'm thinking 15-16psi

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
              I'm still debating on the injectors, but I might buy them to have them there just in case I feel like upgrading in the future. And since I'm going with a nice set of a internals I figured I might as well raise boost a little bit as well. I'm thinking 15-16psi
              Nice. But some DSM blue or black tops should handle that for less than 1/4 the cost. going with that power you need to spend about 300 on some good motor mounts more than those injectors, ppl have blown their builds doing cheap filled mounts with higher power builds.

Comment

Nice. But some DSM blue or black tops should handle that for less than 1/4 the cost. going with that power you need to spend about 300 on some good motor mounts more than those injectors, ppl have blown their builds doing cheap filled mounts with higher power builds.
                I was actually talking about mounts the other day with my friend. He told me to fabricate my own solid steel mounts. That's what he did for his 2JZ swapped pickup and the vibration isn't as bad as people always say it is. I also have custom solid mounts and my wagon and I could drive that thing daily without a problem.

Comment

Turbo manifold is currently under construction. All I need is to drill a few holes and buy the elbows to make it. Here is how it is so far

Comment

oh snap! Nice! I might enlist you to build me one sometime so I Can keep my A/C

Comment

haha that's my main goal! I think with a civic half radiator and slim type fan, with this custom manifold I could run the charge piping right between the power steering pump and alternator without any big problems. My battery will also be relocated to the back for a bit more space up front.

Comment

haha that's my main goal! I think with a civic half radiator and slim type fan, with this custom manifold I could run the charge piping right between the power steering pump and alternator without any big problems. My battery will also be relocated to the back for a bit more space up front.
                        My batt is already in the trunk, and as I just busted my radiator I have a fat 3 core civic.one ordered. I might try to go down the water intercooler route and put it where the batt was along with an oil cooler for stealth look. I will put some top down pics in my MR thread middle of next week if you want an idea on fitment. One thing I had to note is the width of the rads available isn't always the same among core count, there are 1.5" dual core to 2" dual core, then there are 2" tri core up to 3".

Fyi it's not a bit more space, it's a lot more without the batt. Buy a little more still with even just a partial wire tuck if you have the time.
                        Last edited by Smokinspeeds; 10-05-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Yeah it will be way more space now that I think about it lol. I was taking a look at that today and the OEM fans take up a shit load of space as well. Once the slim fan and civic radiator are in, there should be a ton of space to work with.

How does the water intercooler work anyway? It's an interesting concept, but I never really looked into it.

Comment

Yeah it will be way more space now that I think about it lol. I was taking a look at that today and the OEM fans take up a shit load of space as well. Once the slim fan and civic radiator are in, there should be a ton of space to work with.

How does the water intercooler work anyway? It's an interesting concept, but I never really looked into it.
                            OEM fans are fatt... Plus being in front of the trans only helps, no batt and you got old-school american car bay room you can sit in.

A member on here did it before, he wasn't too active so I Don't know how it turned out long term but initially it turned out really good. water intrcoolers are quite small for the hp they are supposed to cool for. It's all about getting the proper pump system setup. You can use truck oil coolers in black and they will blend in and look stock and not need major bumper mod or cutting since you are running small water line. You can find pro race builds with water intercooler, so it is a very viable option, and one that is less common, something that can make your build stand out

Comment

OEM fans are fatt... Plus being in front of the trans only helps, no batt and you got old-school american car bay room you can sit in.

A member on here did it before, he wasn't too active so I Don't know how it turned out long term but initially it turned out really good. water intrcoolers are quite small for the hp they are supposed to cool for. It's all about getting the proper pump system setup. You can use truck oil coolers in black and they will blend in and look stock and not need major bumper mod or cutting since you are running small water line. You can find pro race builds with water intercooler, so it is a very viable option, and one that is less common, something that can make your build stand out
                              Eh I think I'll just stick to the traditional fmic.

I found this a few days ago and I have to say this is a great read! Explains quite a bit about turbos and choosing the right turbo for your application.
                              http://www.junkyardturbos.com/

Comment

My buddy really saved me ass! He gave me all the elbows that I need to make my exhaust manifold this weekend! So hopefully within a few weeks it will be completed!

Here's a little teaser

Comment

Working...
                                X