No announcement yet.

cuate01221 : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cb7 will be going under the knife soon! Rust repair is next. I'm doing it at school so everything will be professional and I will only pay $100-$200. I will try to get pics when I can!

Comment

hahhaa your my brother now !! hahahah keep up the good work.....!!!
      VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
      1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
      MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

I hate this rust repair the further I get into it. As soon as I removed the side skirt and found a hole that my hand can fit into it. FML. Also the inner quarter is mostly, so I have to fab up my own patches. It will be done though. Here is a pic of some of the rust. I will have more pics up tomorrow.

That tire was changed out today. No more driving on a tire with a hump!

Comment

I got some more pics today of the progress of the rust repair. I am happy on how it is coming out so far. I asked the teacher how much the repair would be and his exact words were, "Alvin, because you are such a pain in my ass, we are only going to charge you for the materials you use, it could be anywhere from $75-$200." That is extremely cheap for all the work I am going to do!

And this is just a pic of the new exhaust

I think it is coming along just great. I am going to make my own panels for the rocker panels as well. That shouldn't be hard at all.

Comment

I finally made my rocker panel patch today and had it setup perfectly. I spot welded it while my friend went to get the MIG welder ready. After all was said and done, I saw the patch was welded on crooked.

I don't know what I'm going to do now. It has 12 spot welds on it. I may just try to bend it into place the best I can seeing how that will be covered with the side skirt anyway.
            Last edited by cuate01221; 02-07-2012, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I got the rocker panel patch welded on completely today. Tomorrow I am going to use panel bonding adhesive to attach the quarter panels and then start on the passenger side of the car. I hope all comes out well tomorrow. Hopefully in one more week of work it will be completely done and I will be able to drive my baby home.

Everything fit up and testing the gab between the quarter and the door.

My friend pointing at the quarter panel.

How the quarter panel fits in the door jamb.

My patch all welded in and grinded down

Passenger side all cut out

and here is some pictures of my friends girlfriend and her friend from the shop haha

Comment

nice man i need to mine soon
                back at it again

Comment

The sooner you do it, the better man! My whole inner quarter is all fucked up now. Wish I could have got the car before it burst out so much. It's actually not as hard as I thought it would be though so I guess that's a plus!

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
                    The sooner you do it, the better man! My whole inner quarter is all fucked up now. Wish I could have got the car before it burst out so much. It's actually not as hard as I thought it would be though so I guess that's a plus!
                    i just need the place and tools to do it bro
                    back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
                      i just need the place and tools to do it bro
                      I know what you mean man. Luckily I get to do mine extremely cheap, at a professional shop, and I get to do it myself. I don't think it gets any better than that!

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
                        I know what you mean man. Luckily I get to do mine extremely cheap, at a professional shop, and I get to do it myself. I don't think it gets any better than that!
                        thats pretty lucky bro i wish i had a nice setup to do mine
                        back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
                          thats pretty lucky bro i wish i had a nice setup to do mine
                          Yeah I lucked out on this one. I can't wait for it to be done!

Comment

Here's an update with the cb7. I was able to finish the left side yesterday, now I just need to grind everything down and fill in the panel to make it look flat.

Here is the panel bonded up

Some undercoating on bare metal

Me working on the right side

Using my favorite tool Plasma cutter!

Here is my "JDM" exhaust!

Haha we do this too all Honda's that come into the shop

And here's a couple random pics I took

Comment

Went to the junkyard this weekend with my god brother and found 2 sets of rear mudflaps, and an OEM spoiler. My god brother paid so he took the spoiler and better set of mudflaps, but I may be buying the spoiler off of him! I hope he sells it to me! Pics will be up when I get back from school!

Comment

As promised here are pics! I got the wing and it was broken. I'll be fixing that soon though! Can't complain though, it was 100% free! Also, got some pics of the rear mudflaps.

Tried getting a nice pic of the wing, but it was hard in my small room.

Here is the broken part. Easily fixed with Marglass and sanding!

Here are the mudflaps.

The cracked one

The other one. Are they supposed to have metal in them?

Not Honda OEM but fit pretty nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X