Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domesticated
    replied
    Also my Jeep is getting built next week so I may drive to the plant to take some pics and watch the birth.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Head is on the way! The block is still at Bensons so I'm waiting one that. I need a new radiator, head gasket, and a few seals and she should be back together.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Started a new job this week. I officially left my position as a Chassis Vehicle Dynamics Performance Quality Engineer to a Chassis Vehicle Dynamics Tuning Engineer for the CUSW platform specifically on a Jeep we'll be building and selling in China. So I will be spending a lot of time in Shanghai. I will no longer be studying vibrations, but burning up tires. It's a direction I've been wanting to go since 2012.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Just ordered a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Willy's 2 door! Hydro Blue. It will be here in a month or so! I'm gonna get it so dirty!

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Idk how much lighter things will be. Top end will likely improve as I can safely rev it to the moon now. I'm not so sure the valves will make such a great difference given a stock head casting, not matched ports, a catalytic converter and butterflies removed from the intake. Well see.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisnick
    replied
    I bet you'll make a goo 15-20% more than a stock H22. Lighter valvetrain and rotating assembly, as well as a MUCH better entrance into the cylinder. Know what machine they use at Laskey for valve jobs? If they're doing radiused valve jobs, it's gotta be a beastly machine.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    So the head should be here in a few weeks

Supertech Valves
    Supertech Springs and retainers
    Supertech bronze valve guides
    Racing valve job (rounded instead of 3 angles)
    New seals
    Hot tanked
    Stock cams
    Stock cam gears
    Stock casting

Block

Benson unique sleeves
    Benson balanced and polished crank
    CP 10:1 pistons
    Pauter X beam rods
    ACL race bearings
    Balance shaft delete
    Balance and blueprinted
    New pumps
    New seals
    Hot tanked

I'm gonna run it like this until I can buffer my bank account back up. So turbo most likely won't be until next year. Should make about stock power for an H22A. Maybe 10-15 less. But with my engine, trans, clutch, and tuning, I just need to bolt a turbo on lol.

And the turbo choice has been decided, but to be continued.... (play suspenseful music)

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Laskey Racing is currently building my head and I'm about to ship my block to him to be built and sleeved by Benson...

Leave a comment:

• Lucien
    replied
    1_ buy engine from af's link.

2_ find and buy supercharger

3_ dominate all who race before you

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Haha, that was a typo somehow. No secret sauce. It was supposed to be in, not south haha.

Leave a comment:

• Flip-Eye
    replied
    What is "south vehicle dynamics" exactly?

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    I don't know engine building better than a builder and I've only built one race engine before. I have done tons of research and minored I fluids mechanics using engines as my projects, but I know a lot less than a shop who builds and races H22s. My knowledge and experience is south vehicle dynamics. Which I will apply over time.

Leave a comment:

• DCB7
    replied
    Being in automotive engineering you probably have a wealth of knowledge you could put to use rebuilding it.
    Should be a lot of fun too.
    Apart from the money spending, I guess

Leave a comment:

• af_1132
    replied
    Duuuuuuuuude,

I'm really sorry to check on your thread and see this junk happening to you right now. I must say, though, that the trans is looking real pretty.

I just went on Hmotors and found this: http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30029

and this: http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30029

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Yea, but mega low compression. I have no use for a trailer queen. To take full advantage of the block I'd have to run a lot of boost. I wouldn't want all that lag and none of the power lol. I'm leaning towards a Benson 10:1 block I can run all motor now, then later if I'm in the mood for boost I have that option. Also I'm torque limited to 300-350ft-lbs because of my expensive trans. Wouldn't want to blow it up. I didn't build it with straight cut gears.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X