Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Ah, that's good. I know having the frustration of having a project go awry. I only recently found the motivation to work on my CB.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Well, I have an H22A, so I couldn't find a replacement in a junk yard even if I wanted to... I still have my Charger to beat on, I just really wanted to get the Honda running.

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Originally posted by domesticated View Post
    Yep, fucked. Done. Checked the cam timing after work. Perfect. Get in car, start it. 5 seconds later sounds of destruction. Cam jumped the belt, even though I didn't touch anything. Engines now locked up. Fuck me. This is a complete joke. All my motivation is now gone.
    OMG that sounds awful. Sorry to hear that. I haven't seen any H's in the salvage yards around these parts lately. But I only go to a handful in the Detroit metro area.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisnick
    replied
    Wow, wish I would've known/saw that you moved to MI sooner. I'm only about 45 min from you in Toledo. If you're free the 30th and feel like thrashing on an Accord, come autocross mine!

Totally sucks about the engine. Time to take off the head and see what can be salvaged.
    Last edited by Chrisnick; 08-17-2015, 10:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Yep, fucked. Done. Checked the cam timing after work. Perfect. Get in car, start it. 5 seconds later sounds of destruction. Cam jumped the belt, even though I didn't touch anything. Engines now locked up. Fuck me. This is a complete joke. All my motivation is now gone.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    No no no, I think I'm onto something. Being off by 1 tooth makes so much sense. I'm out of twisted tea and I'm wearing camo pajama pants and my Join Or Die t shirt.

Leave a comment:

• Jarrett
    replied
    I think someone has gone off the deep end on those twisted teas!

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    It makes a lot of sense. There 8.5°/tooth. Fuuuuuhhhh. I swore I checked and re checked before putting the engine back in.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Part of it running not well could also be that my cam is off a tooth... I just thought that it's running like it's not getting enough air, the base map is extremely rich, and I had to max out the dizzy to set the base timing. Some bitch.... I'm gonna have to re check out again tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Did some fuel tuning in the driving range. This is a pita. I need a brake dyno. I did get my brakes fairly warm trying to drive, hold an rpm, and just increase load, all while starring at the laptop lol. The SManager base map is absolute shit. I can't believe they have just that one, and like 10 B series maps.

Also, rode the bike for a few hours today, got dinner, and now I'm sitting in my underwear watching November Man and drinking twisted tea.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    I VTECd yo! Not sure what the fix was. All I did was plug the oil pressure sensor plug in (not wired) and connected the ground (after confirming the solenoid was already grounded), cleared the code, and it worked. Then I ran back to my garage (with no working lights) and right as I pulled in a cop drove by.
    Last edited by Domesticated; 08-14-2015, 09:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
    Any openings????
    Yes actually, are you a mechanical engineer with a background in racing, karting, or vehicle dynamics?

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    I did a full half mile continuous drift in the Q45 at 55mph. We get a new M3 tomorrow which drifts at about 65mph on the circle. Two days of hard diving then another 12 hour drive back to Detroit... I'm gonna be tired.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Originally posted by domesticated View Post
    Well I'm at the Michelin proving grounds. I managed to sustain a drift in an Accord halfway around a wet half mile circle track using steering and throttle. Bad ass. The Q45 is a little fun to get slideways too haha. I love my job.
    Any openings????

Like I said..you have the ultimate enthusiats job.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Well I'm at the Michelin proving grounds. I managed to sustain a drift in an Accord halfway around a wet half mile circle track using steering and throttle. Bad ass. The Q45 is a little fun to get slideways too haha. I love my job.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X