Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    But I'm so sick of spending money!

Leave a comment:

• Lucien
    replied
    Originally posted by domesticated View Post
    It's much worse actually. Block has to be sleeved and it's currently more expensive to fix the head than to replace it. So I'm trying to figure out what to do.
    Ah, damn. Sounds like the most logical options are either good condition swap or really building this motor to whatever your dream specs are.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    It's much worse actually. Block has to be sleeved and it's currently more expensive to fix the head than to replace it. So I'm trying to figure out what to do.

Leave a comment:

• Lucien
    replied
    Glad to see the damage isnt as bad as you thought!

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Great news I'm not an idiot I'm just a putz. When I was checking top dead center this bit must have fallen in the head somehow which I can't really explain because all I did was use the socket wrench to pull the spark plug out and I put it back in. Good news is the head looks fine you can see a few dents from the bit but otherwise the valves look untouched and a little bit of the cylinder I could see had no doubting on it so I might have gotten away a lot better than I thought. Maybe I'll just need a 0.020" bore and hone. Also it only took me 3 hours from the time I open my garage door until the time I had the engine mounted on an engine stand so at least I got that going for me.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Not sure what route I'm going to go yet. I don't want to decide on anything until I tear into the engine.

Leave a comment:

• Jarrett
    replied
    There's always the option of getting an H23A VTEC for cheap. You already have an aftermarket tuning solution, so why not. $1200 for the engine, timing belt and a few new seals and you're back on the road.

Leave a comment:

• DCB7
    replied
    Sorry to hear about that.

Was it the tea?

Maybe you should get a euro-r

Leave a comment:

• SSMAccord
    replied
    Oh, that does kinda suck. Sorry mate.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Looking back on the video it seems the rod snapped. Not sure how that happened on start up... So I;m now in the market for an engine. I'm not sure mine is salvageable.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Um, what?

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    Shit...I wanted to see this thing haul.
    I agree with Chrisnick...do a 13.5:1 H when you get back.
    I won't have a tuning trip for another year so... Idk what I'm gonna do yet. Borrowing a bore scope tonight.

Leave a comment:

• sonikaccord
    replied
    Shit...I wanted to see this thing haul.
    I agree with Chrisnick...do a 13.5:1 H when you get back.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisnick
    replied
    Go bigger and better now. Since you're going to be in China, you'll save a LOT of money those months your gone. Just imagine what cool stuff you'll be able to buy for the ol' CB then!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X