DCB7 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
    Red Top SR20DET. JDM Nissan Silvia motor.

He has the 240 wiring already run, and the dash with cluster and everything set up to go in as well. It's going to be something special when done.

Comment

On another note, something completely crazy happened to me earlier

I'm at a 4way stop. I come to a stop, I see a truck pull up to my right on the cross street. I start to move, then I see him start to move, so I stop. Half my car is still behind the stop sign. He's creeping slowly, so I think he's going across, then suddenly he turned left and pressed it, and rammed me almost head on. I got my hands up like wtf, how the fuck could you not see me? He's saying his brakes don't work this that, trying to act crazy, doesn't want to call police, but I had to call because I had to make a claim. He has no rear bumper or tailgate, and no tag, but he said he had insurance. Right before he jumped in it and hauled ass down the road. With no brakes huh. Black, late model (like 2014) Silverado

pics from the scene

I can already see the body lines out of wack

I rode by a bodyshop and the guy said he could straighten it out no problem, reasonably, without paint. New fender, lights, bumper and hood. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, just pissed off, because it was just so careless and unnecessary.

edit: I'm not even that pissed off really. This day having special significance for me. I just take it as a sign. Gonna see how it goes
      Last edited by DCB7; 11-02-2015, 07:27 PM.

Comment

The good news is that body panels are cheap and fairly plentiful.
        It still sucks when you baby gets smacked.
        will your insurance cover a hit and run?
        CB7TUNER.com
        Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Nah, I only have PIP, and I added Bodily Injury. But I didn't want to fake hurt, the operator already cussed me out, and when I thought about it, the police would probably find a reason to lock me up if they came
          Basically I didn't file a report. Yet

The thing that gets me is, how do I get in an accident while at a complete stop? I drive carefully, obey the signals, then some asshole, for no apparent reason, smashes up my car and takes off. What's the defensive driving for that?

I guess it could be worse, but apart from the panels, the steering is cocked to the side now but doesn't pull, so looks like toe is out, maybe something bent. I was on the brake.
          Then will it be straight after fixed, I don't have cash for major work, and would it be worth it...

Comment

OMG. I cannot believe what I am seeing.

Thinking of all the work you put into the car makes me very sad and upset.

I was a victim of "hit and run" a long time ago. I think I know how you feel.

Find a cheap donor chassis and transplant the goodies, maybe?
            A&P-IA

Comment

Thanks
              I'm not sure if it's that bad.
              But I guess at this point I'm obligated to fix it. It's like when you wash your car and it rains right after.
              It was in a fully functional state and reliable. In the last few days alone I've been as far as north Palm Beach, and to South Miami twice. Running smooth as silk.

I could do some of the repair myself but I need to have the subframe checked

Comment

Got these today from a '90

How bad does that look?

Comment

I did way worse than this. Rear-ended a Toyota Camry. My damage was in the same area, but a lot worse. Bent the whole area that holds the fender on. Pushed the core support back about 6-8 inches on the passenger side (almost ruptured my battery).

I ended up fixing it myself, everything lines up ok. Not perfect, but ok. I only used a bunch of hammers, sledges, and a come-along attached to a tree. My fender meets the A-pillar like yours does after the accident. So, I can see this getting fixed to look right without much work.

If you have a guy that is willing to do the bodywork to get everything to line up right, then go for it. From the amount of damage I see, it shouldn't be too hard for someone with experience to get it to line up correctly.

*edit - I noticed that the replacement hood that you got has a dent in the front edge. The one I bought has a dent in the SAME exact spot. So weird. I guess it's a common thing.

Comment

lol, I guess so that sounds good man, gives me some more confidence going into it.

Sounds like the exact same scenario. I'm also going to go at it with hammers, and big pliers to crimp some things back into shape. I just noticed that somehow the driver fender is also bent a little. Those pieces I just got for a deal, less than the price of a hood alone at LKQ, from a scrap yard right before they crushed a 90 CB, including hinges and bumper brackets I just grabbed what I could, most of it was unusable.

What I should have done is get a headlight first, then work the supports around it for fitment, but I was eager to do something about the situation. I ordered a replacement light.

I worked at a bodyshop for a while, long ago, and I think that hood dent I could tap it out. I want to get it done professionally afterward if I stick with it all the way, because I need the lines right. That's why I put work into it in the first place. Even the faded paint camouflaged the good shape the body was in.
                    Im going to start pulling stuff off and see

Comment

bodywork

starting point

straightened out the bumper and flattened the hood some

Comment

Nice!

The bumper looks like it went back into place fairly well.

I'd recommend removing the radiator before you start pulling on the radiator support. You were probably already planning to though. Just wanted to say it, plus it will give you a lot more options on where to grab to pull out the support.

Here's some pics of my car (I don't have a thread showing it): if you want me to delete it, then just let me know.

This was right after the crash... I had already pulled off the fender, I left the bumper at the accident scene, and removed what was left of the headlight.

Here's a close up of the area... I hit that car pretty hard.

Drove it to the junkyard like this to get the hood and fender. I bought a headlight and corner light online. The bumper support was destroyed.

As you can see, it all lines up pretty good. The fender is a little close to the a-pillar. And the whole headlight assembly sits a little far back (I could pull the radiator support some more) (plus, that's 9091 headlights and grill with a 9293 bumper).

Honestly, you'll have no problems getting yours to look good again. It'll just take some time.

Comment

Nah man, thanks for the input.
                          The left side of the bumper on mine doesn't have all the bolts in it, everything is off a little. I may have to remove the cover from thebumper to change the brackets. One is crumpled, the other bent slightly.

Actually I wasn't planning to remove the radiator. I was planning to strap the support to a tree and back up a little. I guess that's not what you meant. Thing is mine has a slight twist to the area, it was hit at 45degrees, right in the corner. Like you said, it will probably take some time.

Yours came out excellent. The gap is probly from the light. The glass protrudes further forward on the 92-93 lights, 90-91 is like straight down. Looks kinda cool half disassembled too, lol. With my light removed I got some real short ram action going on
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoEKWtgJQAU
                          I'm going to keep working on it. Just building up the vibe

Comment

Thanks man! I'm sure 9293 headlights and grill will help to close the gap, but i know my core support is pushed back a little bit. It was very Mad-Maxish with it disassembled. I really liked it haha.

You could always try pulling the support with the radiator in the car. Just be careful. A come-along would work better than just a strap. It will help put a constant pressure on the core support, then you could try backing it up a little bit and hitting stuff with a hammer (i used a piece of 2x4 to spread out the hit from the hammer, you don't necessarily just want to hit the metal). You may want to use some bodywork hammers (they have a flatter head area where the hammer strikes). It will definitely take time (I spent maybe 4-5 hours trying to bend everything into shape. The core support area above the passenger headlight looks like bacon, but you can't see it with the hood closed.

The brackets that connect the bumper support to the car are bent? If so, you'll probably want to change out the whole bumper support (i did, but the accident took a chunk of it out). My whole bumper skin is connected with zipties to the support. It holds really well. But, if the bracket for the support is bent, then you can't really fix it. Luckily they are really cheap at the junkyard.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I know your pain and could probably help with any questions you have.

Comment

I'm going to end up taking it to a shop. I don't have a come-a-long tool, and there is a slight twist to the driver's side. Hopefully they can pull everything straight with just the hood. I can work on the rest, but if it doesn't line up right its going to bug me also. The shop is very reasonable so I'm not expecting perfection.

I got 2 brackets already, but I didn't figure out how to remove the old ones to change them. Where the long bolt slides in on the pass. side is bent, so that would have to be done at the same time. I'm going to need a new bumper as well, so I'll try to get the whole assembly. I will post up further progress tho, I appreciate the help

Comment

Yeah. The shop should be able to do a good job getting everything lined up correctly. It's not that bad, especially compared to mine.

Can't wait to see the progress pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X