No announcement yet.

DCB7 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll do that, sounds good so far. Excalibur was nice, but the black one seems like it's gonna be better

Comment

Solved window problem w/ new regulator, same master switch, works as intended

Put new radiator and cap in after old radiator exploded while idling 2 days ago

right at this spot:

seconds after taking this picture:

see bob laughing right above radiator cap

been having the car cut off while driving, and then high idle issues
      cleaned iacv today, definite improvement, but still idles at 1200 sometimes

vacuum leak?
      Last edited by DCB7; 04-01-2014, 05:50 PM. Reason: in

Comment

Some pics

Comment

Just sharing some pics I took yesterday while at a shop

Comment

Got up ready to tackle the car shutting off issue:

and found a hose or two leaking

Had to fight them bitches off,

and removing the one from the FITv to the back of the runners was a wonderful experience, made me feel real happy inside.

In the process I pinched the rotten hose next to it, and the new one decided to kink so had to remove again and use a longer piece

Cleaned up the bay from where the coolant sprayed all over.

Now the speedometer and odometer don't work, I think from coolant running down into the vss connector, will address asap. Also changed the upper radiator hose. Bled coolant again.

Cranked right up and runs strong as usual so far
            As for the high idle, I put my foot under the gas pedal and raised it, and the idle returned to normal. Not sure if that means the cable is too tight or loose

EDIT speedometer now works, must a dried out, but still hops between 40 and 50. Got about 10-20 free miles
            Last edited by DCB7; 04-03-2014, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Well nexen changed their design on the 3000 and took off the nice scuff prevention ridge around the lip that made me like their tires. Maybe I got some rejects or something.
              Still, its much needed, my current rears been on since 5.20.2008 lol.

edit: car doesn't cut off anymore, driving or warming up. Still have some idle surge time to time. I did a seafoam and oil change, Castrol synthetic
              Last edited by DCB7; 04-12-2014, 11:07 AM.

Comment

not as bad as I thought

I know my wheels are beat up, but after 8 years of not a single curb rash, the tire guy gouged my lip with the tool. I think it was on purpose because I remember him giving me a 'look'. Now Im tempted to finally repaint the middle and repolish the lip. Question is, should I stay with the hyper silver, or go for a bronze look on the spokes

Based on the wear of the previous set, Im going to add a couple washers behind the control arm. Didn't realize how much camber I had back there
                Last edited by DCB7; 04-12-2014, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Comment

You sir have some painting skills! I also like how clean your build is and that you focus on maintenance as well as performance. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                      You sir have some painting skills! I also like how clean your build is and that you focus on maintenance as well as performance. Good stuff.
                      Much appreciated, its a painfully slow process right now, but yours and the other fresh intent cb's give me motivation. Looks like some good things going on on that side

Comment

I know that feeling. I remember when I first started here with my stock cb not being and to sleep at night because I felt like i would never get top the point other members were at. I think a lot of us in Fresh Intent having CB's helps because we all push each other to keep going and help each other when we can. I'll definitely have to check in here from time to time.

Comment

thanks man. And your work payed off because your ride is wicked. It's definitely up there with the hardest looking cb's I've seen

Comment

The car cut off while cruising again twice earlier this week so I changed the fuel filter. I came across that it would cause that in this thread here:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203602

I used this DIY:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=87812

That 14mm fitment bolt was seriously on there, understandably still, and since it had never been changed (the yellow markings were still on the threads) After rounding it off, even with the flare nut wrench, it was a 10" vice grip and some aggression that finally broke it loose (along with PB Blaster)

I bent the bracket in the process, or the new filter is slightly bigger, so I used a zip tie. Im going to get a bigger one.

Thing is, the gas in the old one was crystal clear but hopefully it solved the problem. Ill be watching the MPGs for improvement
                            Suspension next
                            Last edited by DCB7; 04-25-2014, 12:20 PM.

Comment

From when I did my valve cover

Before clear

After clear

Installed

before

after

I also changed out a couple more leaking coolant hoses, and testing out a breather filter on the valve cover. I removed this assembly:

This is a before pic

as I'm going out now to put these on

first time doing a suspension change, got my spring compressor and already popped the two front strut bolts, but its hot out there.

Before with Spec-D tuning springs listed at 220front & 140rear, 2"front&1.7"rear

The S-techs are listed only slightly stiffer at 250front &16orear, 2.1"f - 1.5"r

Comment

Well, I got the fronts done, everything seems to be in order, but...
                                Not jumping to conclusions, but, someone might be getting a great deal on some S-Techs

Test drive felt great, but that gap...

Comment

Working...
                                X