No announcement yet.

DCB7 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I can get a come-along on loan I would definitely go at it myself, at least as a temporary fix. But the price of one is halfway to what the shop is charging, and they have the experience.

I want to make the most of it tho, maybe a wire tuck. The hood is red so I might do some painting on that.

This is how we're rolling

I call it the terminator. The bulb still works

new light assembly came in. Has new bulbs, rings and sockets

Comment

Does it look better smashed up or is it just me

Looks angry. I should go with a more aggressive look on the front now I think. Some black housing maybe

New ride peeping in

Now the second owner of a 06 Sentra special Edition

Its a decent ride

Comes with factory a-pillar tweeters and subwoofer built into the trunk

It came as a blessing

Hey Oni_cb7 thanks for the tip on the come-along. I found one at Harbor Freight for 20$. I'm going to give it a shot.

hood

was full of grease

Did a quick zip zip

I tried to spray paint it flat black but it looked like shit, so I rolled on some protective enamel

I did a poor job laying it down but I think I can wet sand it a little

some grill work

before clear

after clear bless

Comment

When using the come along, you should also use a small sledge hammer or regular hammer with a piece of wood to distribute the hit. Or, if you can find some body working hammers (they have a big flat striking face). It might take some big hits to get everything to start moving.

Really look at everything and see how the metal has been pushed and just try to push/pull it back to where it was. To me, I see the passenger side being pushed towards the firewall. But, I am also noticing a slight push towards the middle from the passenger fender (at the very front edge).

If you lived close to me, I would offer to come help you out. Not sure where you are located.

PS. The brakes on those sentras.......

My brother ones a base model. Every time I drive it, I can guarantee that I will lock up the brakes. They are so damn sensitive. Especially compared to cb7 brakes

Comment

Thanks man, yeah im across the country. I have a 3lb sledge and I've been studying the damage, did some measuring from the firewall, and I watched some videos how they use the machine to straighten them out. Im going to wrap that strap around certain parts and just hook two key points. I need about a inch to the left and about 2" forward at the furthest point.

If I can't get it perfect I wont have to pay too much to finish it up when its time to paint.

I don't think I have much any back brakes on the sentra right now. The hand brake goes straight up and the drum makes noise when its up. Stops good enough though. I only drove it a few times, my wife has been enjoying it so far. I need alignment, tires and brakes for starters. Belts are squeeling.

Couple things I noticed on the hood, the crumple line on the 90 is more to the front where yours bent, on the 93 its further back where mine bent. And the 90 has a extra rubber under the lip. Just saying. It should fit from what I've read.

Comment

congraturations on the nissan
            A&P-IA

Comment

Thanks. I'm pleased with it so far

So the Nissan is in

Im selling the Corolla

and fixing the accord

soon

edit: things to address on the CB

all ps fluid leaking out from rack
              cluster lights went out
              fuel gauge doesn't work
              trunk leak (possible cause of fuel gauge problem)
              Last edited by DCB7; 11-22-2015, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Need some more adjustment

Comment

Sorry to have not commented after the accident. I'm so sorry it got hit and then run away from. But you are making fantastic progress. The hood looks absolutely amazing! Also the repairs are coming along great. Looks like you'll need a new fender though to help you get the rest of the body lines straightened out. Overall though fantastic progress and recovery.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

ppreciate it. Working on it little by little. I actually messed up the hood after these pictures. Kind of embarrassing.

I just looked through your mrt the other day too, in regards to the manual rack conversion. I had a couple questions for you, (edit) but I ended up answering my own questions by searching some more
                    Last edited by DCB7; 11-30-2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Cool looking hood.
                      A&P-IA

Comment

I messed that hood up pretty bad
                        This is how I have it rigged up right now

Im still back and forth if I want to throw this thing in the garbage. It's fighting me back. I did get some more parts though, the rain held up for half a day, and I went looking for a hood latch at the jy. Didn't find a good one, but got these

muffler is from a 04 accord, 15 bucks
                        this is how mine looks

doesn't seem t o be leaking yet. Im going to snip off the flapping piece

I pulled the front out some more with the winch. But the cable got 'binded' up (user error) so I strapped the frame to the tree and reversed carefully till it was back to right measurement. Turns out I was in the parking lot of a federal building and security came out on me, so I stopped right there.
                        Last edited by DCB7; 12-08-2015, 01:33 PM.

Comment

F22b

Don't know how effective this test is

after an hour

for some reason the head bolts wont slide out easily. One dropped out, but the rest are catching on something. Gonna get it checked for valves and if the whole head is warped. A shop I respect referred a reasonable machind shop. $100 everything.

I also got some parts with this link:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=207323

So far for the F22B dohc head swap I got
                          Felpro Head gasket
                          Felpro valve cover gasket
                          Felpro valve stem seals
                          Felpro exhaust manifold gasket
                          Victor Reinz head bolts
                          Gates T-132 timing belt
                          AC belt
                          H23 crank gear

Still have to get:
                          DOHC distributor
                          Helicoil for stripped header studs
                          Water pump, tensioners, crank and cam seals
                          and head work

I think that's all I need for the swap

I also picked up rack and pinion bellows and inner tierod ends
                          The plan was, with the work put into it, for me to daily it for the next two years. The best option at the moment is to double down on my investment, but it's going to be some work. I could prabably forget about resale value and just do anything I want to it.

Comment

The machine shop should check all your valves for leaks and everything else it needs done. They will let you know if any of the valves are bent, you might have a few and if so they aren't very expensive. Last time I bought a few I think they were $8 each. So far great progress though. Live and learn with the federal building, I would just advise not to use their tree again though. LOL! What happened with the hood? Keep up the good work.
                            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

thanks, yeah they're going to check it out thoroughly first.
                              I was in a huge parking lot of a high rise building, way across in an unused section. (No trees at my house I could use) Looked like a mostly empty buiding, the parking lot was. I guess they had an office in there.

The hood was not latched in there good enough, or the latch is no good, and it flew up when I was doing about 30, a rouge gust of wind from a cross street. I slammed the brakes before it smashed, but it still cracked the windscreen. I could have my conspiracy theories about the first crash, but this was my fault, I saw it bobbing up and down just before that. Should have checked it.

I knocked the old hood out and slapped a little bondo on it. Just haven't installed it. I have it zip tied down real good now. I've put a lot of miles on it, how you see it there. I still try to stay off the highway

Comment

I have a bunch of parts too I don't wan t to throw away. I'm going to list for sale.
                                Some brand new in package
                                Some used, like H series power steering pump and line, injectors, ecu's, etc.

Somebody might need them

Comment

Working...
                                X