No announcement yet.

DCB7 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, ok. Well, I guess I was being a little defensive. Seems to be an online thing to dog out other setups. So, my apologies.

90% of communication is still body language in my book, so please escuse me. The site is great and you should find everything you need by searching. These springs were just a temporary thing, that turned into a long term thing, because I wasn't really driving it till recently.

Thing is, I live in the Miami area, relatively, which is Honda city, if you know what I mean. I really wouldn't have to go too far to get the answers I need with anything for this car, and you'll find every type of suspension setup from cut spring to track ready. And I know my setup is not unsafe in relation to stock(maybe its because Im not driving recklessly), or I wouldnt drive it. I do see accidents with people in Ferrari's and other exceptionally built cars though

But Im just documenting my progress as I go along, I'll answer any question, and I always appreciate anyone taking time to check it out, or drop a comment. That's why it's here. But, thanks man hope you get to do all your plans

Comment

no biggie man. I totally agree, communication is 90% body language.

I wouldnt call your setup "unsafe" either, it seems just fine to me.
      tell you what it sure beats having EF UCA's on it messing with the geometry of the suspension.

Comment

See what Im saying? You do know something about suspension. Geometry

Dude my car doesn't bounce either man, I got an inch to two gap on each wheel. Not really low rider status. For that, you would need some EF UCA's, or cut the fender well out for clearance. Reminds me of my cut-spring Celica GTS ltd. I used to drive, built by a very good car builder named Maurice (RIP). Now that was slammed.

Tell you what, Ive only had two accidents in my life, both in a Ford Aspire and the only car I owned that wasn't lowered. And this is the first one to have control arm clearance issues so Im still figuring it out. Even with top notch suspension it's still going to hit, from what I've read, so you should look into it.

Comment

Check this out:

Now that's how you slam it, lol

Comment

edit- HAHA! maaaaaaaaaaaan that car is, pardon my french, slammed on its nuts! thatd be askin for a blown tranny in my city lol

Like i said i get the basics with suspension but the fine details are fuzzy lol

So the whole thing is cause by interfearance by the camber kit, pushing it out too far correct?
            Do you have any idea how bad the negative camber would be without a kit?
            if its not too bad I may just run without a front kit just for the ease of clearances.

as for the bouncing reference, i didnt mean ur car was bouncy, i was more aiming toward the fact that the modded UCA's can handle being bounced on after modifying.
            if you think about the UCA's on lowriders that hop thats the weight of the car being smashed on it constantly, so I'd assume the weight of a CB driving under normal circumstances wont be enough to break up ur UCA's.

What year was ur GTS? i love the old RWD ones
            slightly off topic, I used to have a low rider back when i was 16 lol it was a 79 royal blue ElCamino on gold 13" wires, and i hopped it everywhere lol

Comment

lol, thats low right? That thing couldn't pass over an ant. Thats a blown tranny anywhere.

"So the whole thing is cause by interfearance by the camber kit, pushing it out too far correct?" - that's what I'm getting. And if you use the anchor bolt camber kit, geometry is prettty much out the window.
              I rode it on stock wheels till I got the kit, an d it was eating through the tire pretty fast.
              There's one I like, you should check out, lilb 1979 I think is the user name, should be on the first MRT page.
              I actually dislodged my ball joint completely, and the car seemed to ride better no hitting at all

The GTS was a '86, limited, and fast as hell. FWD though. It was a hand me down, and i couldnt care less about set up back then, kept trying to put stock mufflers on it and they kept getting blown off, lol

ElCamino? gangsta

Comment

hmm. guess no camber kit is out the window lol
                I was sugested by Deevergote to use the anchor style camber kit, so ill probably still go with that.

I was reading this
                and i saw that he was on coil sleeves, near the very bottom of the collar and was experiencing UCA problems, I dont plan to ever be down that far, he said he raised it 1/2" and set the kit to -1 degree and cleared it fine, so after reading that I think i should be okay since im only planning on going maybe 2" lower since i have alot of train tracks and dips in the roads here.

And yeah the Elco was "Gangsta"
                to make it better where i live is just cowboys and farmers so when they saw a lowrider cruisin through town hittin switches they all got mad and yelled at me, a lot of racist crap towards mexicans even though im white
                gotta love small town living (sarcasm)

Comment

Yep, some of the best info I got on my search so far. I haven't banged in my fender yet, but that's next, justdont like beating on the car. My plans are, if I must divulge, to change out all worn ball joints, tie rod, sway bar bushings, new camber kit, again(bushings)and get a reman. rack, then get my alignment, set it and forget it. Ill take -1. Its riding good now so not an emergency.

Small town living has its freedoms though.

But hey, take it easy man. Stay tuned, and again, my bad.

And thanks for the reasoning
                  Last edited by DCB7; 05-12-2013, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Ahh so late but here you go!
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Percys-66017...ad10de&vxp=mtr

Cb looks clean !

Comment

Aaahh!
                      Estimated delivery time: May 14 - 16

I appreciate it man

Comment

I did an oil change (GTX High Mileage Syn blend) Did a quick had wax to try and save the paint around the sides, that's left, lol. Found a bunch of fresh dents.

I'm going to try something like this to do the roof, and I got something in mind for the hood

After waxing I woke up next morning to find my rear glass cracked: Im going to get the taillights and moldings soon

Driver's side.

Also I hit 140k

Comment

front strut bar

Comment

Your sedan looks real good bud!
                            I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                            Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            My coupe!!!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                            Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daheavyking View Post
                              Your sedan looks real good bud!
                              Thanks man

Comment

shift knob

iab

Comment

Working...
                                X