owequitit : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
    Oh really, I've heard that AZ/NM drivers are some of the worst from a friend of mine down in Rio Rancho.
    Yeah, but the problem is that the AZ drivers that are bad didn't usually originate from AZ... I won't name names, but back in the day, you didn't have to worry about discourteous AZ drivers. Also, drivers in general are paying less attention these days, which is a big part of the problem. Cell phones should be automatically disabled when the car is started.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
      Yeah, but the problem is that the AZ drivers that are bad didn't usually originate from AZ... I won't name names, but back in the day, you didn't have to worry about discourteous AZ drivers. Also, drivers in general are paying less attention these days, which is a big part of the problem. Cell phones should be automatically disabled when the car is started.
      Yeah I always see like the person next to me at a light on the phone, or the person who cuts you off with no signal.

"Get off the fucking phone!"
      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
        Yeah I always see like the person next to me at a light on the phone, or the person who cuts you off with no signal.

"Get off the fucking phone!"

Comment

The bad drivers really show their colors when they drive on 69 where the construction is (just past Frontier Village, and just before the Circle K by Yavapai College). It never fails, I get someone merging into my lane because they aren't paying attention. It is definitely hard to tell where the lines are, with all the ones that are still there, the ones that were scraped off, and ones they half-ass redid, but when you're not paying attention... haha.

Comment

Finally installed the 2.5" DC downpipe and 2.5" magnaflow cat. There is definitely a power improvement. I would venture to say about 5-7HP over the standard 2" DC header. It has more torque throughout, as well as slightly better top end pull.

The sound isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It is a little deeper and more aggressive souding compared to the 2" downpipe and cat. But, it still has the same general tone. Overall, I can live with it. It is still quiet on the highway too, which is nice.

Comment

Nice. Makes me wonder if mine is actually a 2" downpipe. I haven't thought to check.

On a side note, they finally repainted the lines where 69 runs into Gurley!

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                Nice. Makes me wonder if mine is actually a 2" downpipe. I haven't thought to check.

On a side note, they finally repainted the lines where 69 runs into Gurley!
                Well, if yours is a DC, you specifically have to order 2.5" and they haven't been around for all that long. If not, you could always have it modified.

I am glad they finally painted those damn lines. It was like bumper cars through there. You always had the ones that assumed there were no lines, so the entire space must be theirs...

Nice pickup on the wheels, by the way. I am glad that they went to someone who knew what they were and not some douche that is going to go offroading in their new Accord. LOL!

Comment

Well, if yours is a DC, you specifically have to order 2.5" and they haven't been around for all that long. If not, you could always have it modified.
                  Well it's been on the car for about 5 years so I'm guessing it's the 2".

I am glad they finally painted those damn lines. It was like bumper cars through there. You always had the ones that assumed there were no lines, so the entire space must be theirs...
                  Yeah, it made me nervous whenever I was in the Accord. It's bad enough that the road is rough and pulls you around, let alone with other people who don't realize it isn't just one huge lane.

Nice pickup on the wheels, by the way. I am glad that they went to someone who knew what they were and not some douche that is going to go offroading in their new Accord. LOL!
                  Wow, that's probably the nicest thing you've said to me, ever. LOL

So why didn't you go for them? I was surprised when no mention was made of your interest!

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                    Wow, that's probably the nicest thing you've said to me, ever. LOL

So why didn't you go for them? I was surprised when no mention was made of your interest!
                    Well fuck. I take it back then. I can't be seen saying nice things in public, it would ruin my rep.

I was never all that interested in them. Just not my style I guess. Plus, I wouldn't be very willing to run them on the car anyway, so it would kind of be a waste.

Comment

ESP.net strut towers bars shipped today!

Comment

Strut tower bars should be here Tueday!

Also will be replacing the brake booster and all brake lines with stainless in the near future. Will install 40/40 prop valve at the same time. Will probably wait on upgrading the master cylinder to a 1" because I believe the brake line fittings may be different. I will have to check that out with a 1" master cylinder and see.

Comment

ESP.net strut tower bars delivered today. I will be going to pick them up, and will get pics ASAP.

Comment

Comment

let me know if you feel an improvement over whatever you have now. I was hoping I could've used that Neuspeed, but it wouldn't work at all once I mocked it up lol. So for now I'm rocking a JY special at 5 bucks! its prob. from ebay lol, but its better than nothing.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                                let me know if you feel an improvement over whatever you have now. I was hoping I could've used that Neuspeed, but it wouldn't work at all once I mocked it up lol. So for now I'm rocking a JY special at 5 bucks! its prob. from ebay lol, but its better than nothing.
                                I guarantee it will work better than what I have now. I have nothing.

Also, it is substantially beefier and stiffer than the neuspeed. The Neuspeed is a great bar, which I wouldn't hesitate to recommend, but it could be bent slightly with two people while installing it. That isn't going to happen with this one. The triangulation will be a good thing as well.

Those ebay bars are about the same as nothing. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X