• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
      What?
      The car is exactly the same as it has been. It is fine. It is just no longer my DD.

It will sit in the garage and receive loving on weekends and special days. I will probably still drive it to work every once in awhile, but overall, it is going to mostly just sit in the garage.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

oh i see...i cant talk sh*t about that one...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

oh no man i know how you feel

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
            The car is exactly the same as it has been. It is fine. It is just no longer my DD.

It will sit in the garage and receive loving on weekends and special days. I will probably still drive it to work every once in awhile, but overall, it is going to mostly just sit in the garage.
            ahh, ok. I thought something bad had happened. Did you ever figure out the weird idle issue?

I know how you feel though. I need to start looking into buying a new DD so this one will be a project. It's really getting old having to fix shit on limited time.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
              ahh, ok. I thought something bad had happened. Did you ever figure out the weird idle issue?

I know how you feel though. I need to start looking into buying a new DD so this one will be a project. It's really getting old having to fix shit on limited time.
              Exactly.

I made it better, but no, it hasn't completely gone away yet. I found one cracked vacuum cap on the plenum which helped, but I also need to compression test it. The last few times I have gotten on it, it has removed the CC vacuum line on me. Weird. It is a loose old hose though. It just needed too much TLC type stuff to be a good dependable DD, so I got a good dependable DD instead.

That will make any progress on the Accord much slower, but meh, it isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Do you think that with the thinness of the firewall the 3rd link adds much to the rigidity the bar provides?

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                  Do you think that with the thinness of the firewall the 3rd link adds much to the rigidity the bar provides?
                  Not sure. Would have to test it back to back with the 2 point. Overall, the bar was worth it, and if nothing else, it LOOKS cool.

Comment

Idle issue solved by replacing the CC vacuum line between the IM and the shock tower. It had apparently been stretched slightly over time, or just got heat warped, and must have been leaking slightly, even though there were no cracks or holes. I changed that today, and the idle seems to be back to normal. I will keep an eye on it and see what happens. I probably wouldn't have noticed, did it not slip off the IM and cause an idling issue when I got on it one day.

Also drove the car for the first time since getting the Civic.

Couple of observations:

1) I need to adjust the clutch pedal. It engages/disengages too far off the floor. I knew that before, but after driving both, it is really bad. I couldn't drive the car smoothly today for the life of me.

2) It still handles and rides pretty good. Considering the tires that are on it, it seems almost equal to the Civic, although that is in no way scientific. It also rides harsher. It has less roll, but the overall limits feel similar. Both have all season tires on.

3) The steering in the Accord is SLOWER. I would have to look at the ratios, but you can definitely tell the Accord has slower steering by the response to the helm.

4) The chassis rigidity in the Accord still needs some help. The strut tower bars made it MUCH better, but there is still some shake through the structure that the Civic feels like a vault on. I suspect that high density foam in the frame rails would go a long way toward helping that.

5) This gearbox is still rifle bolt precise, but it is notchy with the PSPEC on there. You can literally almost feel the gears meshing with each other. The pattern is also very tight.

6) I like the LSD calibration on the Accord better. I haven't gotten on the Civic much, and what little bit I have, the LSD seems to be effective, but the Accord's is more transparent in operation. It may have a lower max threshold though. Until I really drive the Civic, it is hard to say.

7) The gearing of the Civic is better. I think the powerband of the K20 is too. The Civic feels at least as fast everywhere in the rev range.

8) The Accord feels much more intimate. You sit lower, it is more narrow, and it is shorter. It just feels more wrapped around you. Despite what the specs say, I swear the Civic has more room, or at least more useable room.

9) This car STINKS. I don't know if it is running so rich I burned the new cat out already or not, but this thing smells like a 70's Chevy pickup with no cats and tons of miles. It is REALLY bad.

10) The Civic has better brakes.

11) The thick rimmed steering wheel in the Accord is more comfortable, but I immediately missed the radio control buttons.

Comment

Car's gone. Sold yesterday for $3500 bucks. I am growing tired of the shit around here.

Bought a real car, don't need this anymore, 1 step closer to being out the door.

Comment

Car's gone. Sold yesterday for $3500 bucks. I am growing tired of the shit around here.

Bought a real car, don't need this anymore, 1 step closer to being out the door.
                        ..you sold it on the count on the forum or just personal preference?
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

3) The steering in the Accord is SLOWER. I would have to look at the ratios, but you can definitely tell the Accord has slower steering by the response to the helm.

7) The gearing of the Civic is better. I think the powerband of the K20 is too. The Civic feels at least as fast everywhere in the rev range.

11) The thick rimmed steering wheel in the Accord is more comfortable, but I immediately missed the radio control buttons.
                          I notice those exact same things after driving Impalas, Coblats, HHRs and GM trucks all day. Especially the radio control buttons.

It's kinda bittersweet though; I love driving a new-ish car, with its new-ness and buttons and what-not, and i almost wanna say i feel a little depressed going back to my Accord at the end of the day, but it only takes a few minutes of the drive home before i remember why i love her.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
                            ..you sold it on the count on the forum or just personal preference?
                            Both.

I tried to be a straightfoward upfront honest member of this community and everyone got their panties in a bunch over it. I got tired of getting attacked for everything just because I had an opinion that was different than everyone else's, or at least a "majority" of the site.

Couple months and months of that with an aging car that needed more and more work to be enjoyable, a new car with better performance out of the box and why stay?

It got old, expensive and time consuming to try and butcher a 20 year old car into something it wasn't. It was a great car and it surely will be missed, but ultimately, it was the best thing to do. I am sure it will be in a junkyard in a year's time. It was some 18 year old douchebag with a sideways cap and shorts around his knees that wouldn't stop talking about how "fast" swapped Hondas are and how much nitrous, excuse me, "NAWS" he was going to pump through it. Good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                              I notice those exact same things after driving Impalas, Coblats, HHRs and GM trucks all day. Especially the radio control buttons.

It's kinda bittersweet though; I love driving a new-ish car, with its new-ness and buttons and what-not, and i almost wanna say i feel a little depressed going back to my Accord at the end of the day, but it only takes a few minutes of the drive home before i remember why i love her.

You only think that because they aren't really yours. Trust me, I used to also.

Comment

Both.

I tried to be a straightfoward upfront honest member of this community and everyone got their panties in a bunch over it. I got tired of getting attacked for everything just because I had an opinion that was different than everyone else's, or at least a "majority" of the site.

Couple months and months of that with an aging car that needed more and more work to be enjoyable, a new car with better performance out of the box and why stay?

It got old, expensive and time consuming to try and butcher a 20 year old car into something it wasn't. It was a great car and it surely will be missed, but ultimately, it was the best thing to do. I am sure it will be in a junkyard in a year's time. It was some 18 year old douchebag with a sideways cap and shorts around his knees that wouldn't stop talking about how "fast" swapped Hondas are and how much nitrous, excuse me, "NAWS" he was going to pump through it. Good luck to him.

Hey I could see your point but eh let the people talk. Opinions that keep being pushed upon you ultimately made your decision but I don't blame you one bit.

I enjoy my car as well and I'm at that exact point where I know I'll need a reliable car myself within a year or so.

I hope that teen realizes what he has though. Although I encounter that shit everyday I work..albeit it's not a kid with a Honda but one with a 240 that constantly nags me about my own car..

It gets annoying haha.
                                Henry R
                                Koni/Neuspeed
                                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                                X