Originally posted by cp[mike]
    hows this sound?

+1mm OS flat valves
    ported and polished intake ports
    skunk2 springs and retainers
    euro-r cams
    adjustable gears
    and get this... P13 H22A4 head
    whats diff about the h22a4 head? didnt u have +4mm valves before?
    ]

Comment

Do you think you will have it back together for the spring meet?! oooo please do im looking forward to seeing you and that sexy coupe again!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
        whats diff about the h22a4 head? didnt u have +4mm valves before?
        nothing really. only difference is that it wont have the PDE head stamp on it, which is unique to the euro-r.

i didnt have +4mm valves before, as they wouldnt fit... stock valves have a dished tip, i installed flat-faced valves, which raise compression somewhere between 0.3 - 0.5 points. these valves are +1mm oversized, meaning the valve faces themselves are larger, plus they are flat. the oversized valves plus the p&p intake ports, this thing is going to flow air pretty well

ill get cams to go with it someday, but i cant afford them yet.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

nothing really. only difference is that it wont have the PDE head stamp on it, which is unique to the euro-r.

i didnt have +4mm valves before, as they wouldnt fit... stock valves have a dished tip, i installed flat-faced valves, which raise compression somewhere between 0.3 - 0.5 points. these valves are +1mm oversized, meaning the valve faces themselves are larger, plus they are flat. the oversized valves plus the p&p intake ports, this thing is going to flow air pretty well

ill get cams to go with it someday, but i cant afford them yet.
          Unfortunately, I would recommend against oversized valves, as it requires a lot more machine work, and is going to limit your cam options.

Due to the valve angle on the H22, if you go with oversized valves, you will get valve interference.

You might want to decide on cams first, and talk to the maker for compatibility.

Last I checked, you can't run Skunk2's bigger cams with oversized valves.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i actually purchased a head with everything done already. im without a doubt going to be checking for valve-piston interference, both at 0° as well as testing to see how far i can go in either direction with the gears... i couldnt pass it up, and ill be able to sell off the rest of my own stuff to make up for it. it was the most cost effective way...

Current cars:

Comment

alright guys, good news!

the new head showed up in the mail today. heres what was included:
              - ported and polished intake side
              - +1mm oversized flat valves (possibly intake side only? still need to check)
              - skunk2 springs and titanium retainers
              - ported and polished manifold (pnp both lower and upper runners)
              - venom superflow injectors
              - stock cams with broken adjustable gears (oh well, old and rusty anyway)

the head, overall, is very clean, it had been fully cleaned during the original build. its collected a lot of dirt (and leaves...) inside the head, it all stuck to the oil that was still there. so all it needs is to be rinsed out, and itll be spotless internally. the combustion chambers cleaned up well to bare metal, besides some stubborn carbon buildup on the valve faces.

im already selling the pnp intake manifold to a friend who has a pretty crazy h22 build in progress. ill be dropping the head off at the machine shop to verify that the valves all seal and the head isnt warped, then its being dropped onto my car with the euro-r cams and stock cam gears. ill be claying the motor to ensure there is no danger of piston-valve contact. all of the remaining parts including my current head will be sold to make up for what i paid for this. unfortunately im ditching the PDE euro-r head for a regular H22A1 P13 head, but its a very worthwhile and cost effective upgrade.

dirty, but they are in fact skunk2 springs and ret.

mmmm, dirty. notice the small leaves? lol

ported and polished intake ports

broken cam gear, from shipping. oh well.

pnp intake manifold.

one of the IM's runners.

pic of the cams, and the rail with Venom injectors
              Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-26-2011, 10:41 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

so you ARE using your euroR cams with that H22a1 head?? im not 100% on the specs (lift/duration)of euroR cams but i believe they are similar if not same as the typeS cams.....

anyhow ive been doing a little reading here and there since im thinking of typeS cams, and stumbled upon a couple threads.

you have probably ran into the same threads...maybe not....but just thought i would throw it your way....just to read i guess. quite controversial though..

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1671032

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1081953

anyways. hope all goes well with that head!! look forward to the updates.

best of luck!
                Sean
                F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Ditching the Euro-R manifold, for an easier to work on H22A mani? I don't blame you.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

sean - ive read that thread multiple times over the past, and its hard to come to any conclusion, besides trying it yourself. i have stock cams to compare the euro-r cams to, i cant fathom how they can cause issues while being only slightly higher lift than stock... ill go through that thread again, see if i can come up with some things to check and measure

Originally posted by The G-Man
                    Ditching the Euro-R manifold, for an easier to work on H22A mani? I don't blame you.
                    absolutely not, i love the euro-r manifold, its the reason why i was able to ditch a lot of the emissions and extra stuff from my bay. im selling the ported manifold to a friend, and im keeping the euro-r. the euro-r mani is MUCH easier to work on and work with... its a million times simpler, with less parts, less brackets, and less things to worry about.
                    Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-16-2007, 10:27 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

sean - ive read that thread multiple times over the past, and its hard to come to any conclusion, besides trying it yourself. i have stock cams to compare the euro-r cams to, i cant fathom how they can cause issues while being only slightly higher lift than stock... ill go through that thread again, see if i can come up with some things to check and measure

absolutely not, i love the euro-r manifold, its the reason why i was able to ditch a lot of the emissions and extra stuff from my bay. im selling the ported manifold to a friend, and im keeping the euro-r. the euro-r mani is MUCH easier to work on and work with... its a million times simpler, with less parts, less brackets, and less things to worry about.
                      I agree. I trust Frank from Pocketrockets, based on what he has accomplished, but you will just have to find out.

Skunk 2 puts some pretty beefy cams out, and they say only springs and retainers. Of course, they could be gaining clearance in the retainers too. Don't know.

Just do what piratemcfred said and install one and test the clearance on it.

Please keep me posted.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Cool, I like how Mike just never quits. Just when you think he's done, he comes back. Keep it up dude.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Does this mean no east coast meet for you?

It'd be cool to see this car in person and meet up with the guy who helped me out during my crisis with my bent valves

Comment

looking sweet man. future plans and current builds sound animal

I-SR 6

Comment

well on initial inspection, the head appeared to be stamped 95, indicating H22A1. the auction had said H22A4, and it came with an A4 intake manifold... so perhaps this is an A4 head. not that it makes any difference, but i should check the date stamp again.

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
                              Does this mean no east coast meet for you?

It'd be cool to see this car in person and meet up with the guy who helped me out during my crisis with my bent valves
                              i dont think im going to be able to make it. i have a lot of crap i need to do to my car over the next 2 weeks, and its going to overlap the east coast meet... maybe next time

Current cars:

Comment

Hey Mike... you got two buddies in need of an H22 head

I was kinda hopin you'd ditch the Euro-R mani... oh well. I'm glad you got the head back. What's left to do before the car's driveable again?

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X