• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlos
    My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
      they are in:

i'll get pics of them on my car. i have to wash her first. i'm going to remove the yellow tint so i can match my brother from overseas. i have everything in the pic besides the eyebrows. that's coming up next .

i'm going to remove the yellow tint b/c i don't want to copy accord_inspire (manny's) dope ride . bringin the heat as always bro!
      timmy i hate you you stole my bumper lights, out bid me by $1 looks good though

Comment

gotta say man although i sold my car .which is still killing me . but i had too .

your car is awesome . goodluck in the near future hope all your dream parts get to be in your car .. dude you get a
        "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

thanks manny! i hope you come around once in awhile to check on our progess. your car will always be in my list of clean rides. it will be missed!

*update*

as you know my volks have an 8" width and a +58mm offset in the REAR which is extremely huge for our cars. i had to run a 10mm spacer to compensate which brought it down to +48mm. the wheel/tire was still very close to the trailing arms to the point that it took off some of the coating.

i found that i needed more clearance and saw that i still had some room to push it out some towards the fender (i trimmed my fenders to clear the gold Racing Harts i had before). also i felt that running at 10mm spacer is very dangerous since only .25" of stud length was left for the lugnuts to grab.

the only way to make this better was to resort to adapters. with some careful measuring and guesstimating, i figured i can run a 25mm adapter; 2.5x larger than my last spacers. my friends all told me to run 20mm just to be safe. that was too small in my eyes.

i decided to live on the wild side and get even larger spacers. 32mm to be exact! will it work? oh boy i hope so! Here is one pictured below with a AA battery for comparison.

just looking at the size made me wonder if i've gone crazy. there is only one way to find out.

i started to install them and remembered that i corrected the camber with two washers. to get more clearance they had to go. once they were off, i finished up and to my suprise, THEY WORKED! my tire barely clears the fender with NO RUBBING! so it is possible to have a +26mm offset wheel on our car with the right negative camber, fender trimming, and tires (in my case 205/55/16 on a 8" rim). on with the pics!

i want some FAT LIPPED wheels now!!!
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

oh yeah and i got some wheel caps too! sucks i can't find the rings yet. you can see the spacer in between the spokes.

- 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

hey timmy, i tell u i dont like u? lol

jk

umm those center caps look like they fit my c-v's

hmmmmm

are those for my rims???
              welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

looks great, and helps us with future info.

Originally posted by f22-dohc
                hey timmy, i tell u i dont like u? lol

jk

umm those center caps look like they fit my c-v's

hmmmmm

are those for my rims???
                it seems to me that all volk racing center caps fit all volk racing wheels. if memory serves me correctly, the caps pictured are from a set of 15 inch wheels. unfortunatley, the backing plates are size specific, and thus they don't fit timmy's 16 inch wheels.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

i believe that wider is better shit is looking tight

Comment

Wow, i just seen the closer pics u took on your car, it sits quite low there. I like it and for 5lugs

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                      looks great, and helps us with future info.

it seems to me that all volk racing center caps fit all volk racing wheels. if memory serves me correctly, the caps pictured are from a set of 15 inch wheels. unfortunatley, the backing plates are size specific, and thus they don't fit timmy's 16 inch wheels.
                      i've actually tried those (off a 15 inch old skool volk)... they dont fit me...oh wells.
                      welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

hmm those caps should fit. maybe they are for a different gen wheel. but thanks for the comps fellas. wider is better!!! willie, i'm down about 3" from stock, maxed out on the rear coilovers . i'm happy with the turnout. here is a pic from today's honda-tech meet.

- 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

yo i just realized i never said anything about your ride...but what else is there to say that hasnt already been said. I basically watched Ms. Amber grow into the fine lady she is now and let me just say its been a pleasure watching the different stages of your car...From the fogs, to the rotas, to the volks and just about everything else....Keep up the good work man
                          "The Fresh One"

Comment

thanks for the kind words doug!

i really need to get this bumper pole installed. i'm just to lazy to pull out my bumper, run the wires, drill a hole, and secure everything. i'm still waiting on the instructions on where to drill the hole. someone was supposed to scan them! i'll just guess. stay tuned gents!
                            - 92 LX coupe
                            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

That looks great. Good job Timmy. I come back to see this and it puts a smile on my face.
                              "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

sick ride bro, love em ol skool wheels and a perfect drop (in my book )
                                coast2coastpempen

Comment

Working...
                                X