No announcement yet.

LosiRacer2 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you goin out to cali for it?? or is he coming here??
    R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
    CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
    Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by blackedout View Post
      are you goin out to cali for it?? or is he coming here??
      He already lives here...Up in Anthem near those Clothing outlets...he's got the entire set-up too, so if you're having any issues w/ anything w/ you're engine swap, he'd be the guy to go to for help or whatever, TONS of experience w/ Hondas/Acuras...also really nice and friendly.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

great car
        I will have that vigor brake set up lol
        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
          He already lives here...Up in Anthem near those Clothing outlets...he's got the entire set-up too, so if you're having any issues w/ anything w/ you're engine swap, he'd be the guy to go to for help or whatever, TONS of experience w/ Hondas/Acuras...also really nice and friendly.
          oh anthem alright for some reason i thought it was in cali lol.. good biz man when are you doing the swap??

CG Coupe!

Comment

Originally posted by blackedout View Post
            oh anthem alright for some reason i thought it was in cali lol.. good biz man when are you doing the swap??
            most likely this weekend, i'm gonna bring the engine up to him on tues/wed and then he's gonna comp. test it and do a block leakdown to make sure its all good, then on friday, i'm gonna drop my car off and stay there and wrench on it for a little while, but then i'm gonna have to come back to go to work and stuff, since its such short notice....unfortunately i can't schedule time off.

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

most likely this weekend, i'm gonna bring the engine up to him on tues/wed and then he's gonna comp. test it and do a block leakdown to make sure its all good, then on friday, i'm gonna drop my car off and stay there and wrench on it for a little while, but then i'm gonna have to come back to go to work and stuff, since its such short notice....unfortunately i can't schedule time off.
              i would love to stop by and see the transplant taking progress.. maybe get some info on my swap while im at it and such.. let me know man ill pm you my phone number if thats cool man..

CG Coupe!

Comment

Making Progress on the swap!!

I got the F22A6 swapped out last night, so now that's all ready to be parted out/sold idk what i'm gonna do about it yet. But here's some pics of the Engine out of the car and the empty bay....still waiting on the machine shop to replace some valve guides on the H22 head and the valve job on it.

^^the guy cleaned the tops of the pistons for me, still has two to go...
                Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 03:56 AM.

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

A black combustion chamber isn't the best, you want white really.
                  Black reaks of low comp. or oil.
                  Are the exhaust valves white alteast?

I agree totally with you, 16 year old seals are NOT reliable what-so-ever
                  Not the HG, crank seals, timeing seals, nothing.
                  Also (although a little late now) you should have replaced the tranny seal at the torque converter, they leak sometimes.
                  Your man for wiring solutions!
                  CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                  CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
                    A black combustion chamber isn't the best, you want white really.
                    Black reaks of low comp. or oil.
                    Are the exhaust valves white alteast?

I agree totally with you, 16 year old seals are NOT reliable what-so-ever
                    Not the HG, crank seals, timeing seals, nothing.
                    Also (although a little late now) you should have replaced the tranny seal at the torque converter, they leak sometimes.
                    yeah, old stuff isn't good. But now, every one of the 4 cylinders has a 100% leakdown on them, so they're absolutely perfect. Compression now sound REALLY strong, goes like pssss psss psss psss, when I cranked the engine. It was shooting past his fingers w/ his gauge.

now nothing's leaking even the PS rack w/ new boots and tierods was taken care of. My old tierods were SHOT.

All I need now is your BB6 prelude cluster and it'll be on the money.

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I think the Legend clusters look better...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...f/100_1997.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
                        I think the Legend clusters look better...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...f/100_1997.jpg
                        yeah but they dont light up amber at night, I can't wait to install it, i'll take some pics of this bb6 cluster to show you how baller it looks at night.

BUT, my damn car is still getting swapped. its been almost 2 weeks now, I'm at wits end, i might just go take it from the dude, since he can't seem to figure out why my H22 is idling so bad.

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

BUT, my damn car is still getting swapped. its been almost 2 weeks now, I'm at wits end, i might just go take it from the dude, since he can't seem to figure out why my H22 is idling so bad.
                          I can tell you from experience that it isn't likely to be the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor on an H22 works exactly the same way it does on an F22, and in fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find out they are identical.

Did you ever unhook the evaporative emmissions and try that? Or did you just keep pushing on down the line.

Also, I hate to be a dick, but I am skeptical of his skills and swap experience because of some of the issues he had with this swap, which shouldn't have been there. My guess would be he is a typical Honda guy that just assumes that he has swapped Civics, so this MUST be the same.

I would have helped you more, but I was short of time, and you didn't want to try my advice anyway, so I figured one of you would eventually figure it out.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                            yeah he most likely IS that civic/teg guy who thought heck, I'd figure this accord out most likely...oh well i'm stuck w/ it now. You should've seen how mad he got the second I went for an outside opinion. He nearly kicked me out of his garage. We're gonna try to run a diff. P13 ECU and hope thats it, if not that then I'm gonna tell him to unhook all that EVAP stuff like we dhad on sunday and see if we can at least get it to run and drive, although boggin, its better than nothing.

The only thing we didn't hook back up was that charcoal canister thing. But I was kinda weary since there was an open vac port on either end (plenum and that hose down there) So I'm hoping that isn't it.
                            Well, typically, an open vac port will cause it to run and idle high, but sometimes a vacuum leak can cause all sorts of weird stuff depending on where it is.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                              Well, typically, an open vac port will cause it to run and idle high, but sometimes a vacuum leak can cause all sorts of weird stuff depending on where it is.
                              well I got my car back! and it works pretty flawlessly w/ the exception of the Code 36 which is unavoidable and the EGR code 12, He took off all the MAP stuff w/ the exception of the MAP sensor and capped the port on top of the EGR, so it may not pass emissions but it'll do for now. I think I can register it somewhere up near prescott, I'll just use Matt's residence that way I can avoid the emissions testing down here when I'm due in May 09'.

It no longer bogs down during acceleration, its got tons of power/torque much more than before...back on sunday when we drove it for the first time. We got yet ANOTHER knock sensor CEL so we swapped that out for a new one and it works much better now, idle is SOLID at 750 and no longer shudders/dips way down to like 400rpm anymore when I let off the gas.

So, given what we went through, I'm Extremely satisfied w/ my car right now. I just gotta get an alignment tomorrow at Honda, since I paid them 2 mo. ago to correct my steering rack misalignment caused by installing the new rack.

Oh and we at first used my friend CleanJDM's MT P13 ECU, but then decided to tamper w/ my P13 and found out that one of the connections was brown looking and resoldered it, and BAM, idle is perfect, and it no longer bogs down during accel. from idle-3k RPM.

member's ride thread
                              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Now lets see this Lude Dash!
                                The Legend dash looks vintage
                                Last edited by CB7Man; 11-30-2008, 10:23 PM.
                                Your man for wiring solutions!
                                CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                                CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X