LosiRacer2 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    Depends on what he did. You need to ask your swapper. That is what you paid him for, and he should be able to look at the diagrams and know.
    yeah I guess I've got to, sucks driving 55 miles each way to just get the CC fixed. That and the backup lights, but that doesn't really bother me as much.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
      yeah I guess I've got to, sucks driving 55 miles each way to just get the CC fixed. That and the backup lights, but that doesn't really bother me as much.
      It should. If you mistakenly back into something and they tell you they didn't see the lights, guess whose gonna get a ticket if you can't verify working reverse lights?

Your swapper should have had all that stuff working. Isn't that what you paid for? Did he even hook up the clutch interlock switch?
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

It should. If you mistakenly back into something and they tell you they didn't see the lights, guess whose gonna get a ticket if you can't verify working reverse lights?

Your swapper should have had all that stuff working. Isn't that what you paid for? Did he even hook up the clutch interlock switch?
        yeah I'm gonna make him fix it then. That clutch interlock, is it hard to do? I doubt that's hooked up either, the car starts w/o depressing the clutch.

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

How is/did mechanical engineering treat yah?

The fact that the car looks awesome goes without saying.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
            How is/did mechanical engineering treat yah?

The fact that the car looks awesome goes without saying.
            ME is doing well, I kinda transferred to another campus, which has a bit diff. of a major so i gotta complete those credits now, about another year, year and a half I'd say. But other than that, just living life one day at a time.

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

fixed the PS issue. I was using the wrong Crank pulley. I swapped in my H22 crank pulley and took my F22 one off and it solved it! no more shredded belts
              What was the PS issue? I finished a 5spd swap about a month ago and sometimes I have issues with my PS!
              1990 Accord EX

Comment

yeah I'm gonna make him fix it then. That clutch interlock, is it hard to do? I doubt that's hooked up either, the car starts w/o depressing the clutch.
                The back up switch is super easy.

The interlock, shouldn't be hard, and I think cp[mike] has a thread on here about it somewhere. Essentially, the automatic neutral safety lock and starter clutch interlock are the same wires.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                  What was the PS issue? I finished a 5spd swap about a month ago and sometimes I have issues with my PS!
                  oh, yeah it was puzzling at first b/c I couldn't see exactly why it was doing it. But I was shredding belts about every week or so, haha NOT good! I found out it was because the number of ribs on the Prelude Crank is different than the Accord crank. It has 6 vs 5, so the PS belt was only gripping w/ 3 instead of 4 ribs and eventually would offset itself by one rib and start shredding.

All you have to do is switch crank pullies and the prob. was solved. If you're using the Accord AC and Alt. pullies, then you're gonna need a 42.5 inch belt. But for the PS belt, use the Prelude VTEC one, if using the VTEC PS pump as well.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

The back up switch is super easy.

The interlock, shouldn't be hard, and I think cp[mike] has a thread on here about it somewhere. Essentially, the automatic neutral safety lock and starter clutch interlock are the same wires.
                    yeah it seems like a pretty easy problem to solve, I'm just worried I might mess something else up in the process. Would the wires be laid out in the back of the Haynes manual perhaps? then I could at least trace it somehow lol

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

yeah it seems like a pretty easy problem to solve, I'm just worried I might mess something else up in the process. Would the wires be laid out in the back of the Haynes manual perhaps? then I could at least trace it somehow lol
                      I have no idea. Don't use haynes.

Comment

oh, yeah it was puzzling at first b/c I couldn't see exactly why it was doing it. But I was shredding belts about every week or so, haha NOT good! I found out it was because the number of ribs on the Prelude Crank is different than the Accord crank. It has 6 vs 5, so the PS belt was only gripping w/ 3 instead of 4 ribs and eventually would offset itself by one rib and start shredding.

All you have to do is switch crank pullies and the prob. was solved. If you're using the Accord AC and Alt. pullies, then you're gonna need a 42.5 inch belt. But for the PS belt, use the Prelude VTEC one, if using the VTEC PS pump as well.
                        Oh no, mine is not so bad! It's just little hard to turn at times!
                        1990 Accord EX

Comment

If you ever want to get rid of it, I would use Cisco's method. He said it worked really well.

Comment

If you ever want to get rid of it, I would use Cisco's method. He said it worked really well.
                            thanks for the tip. One of these days I'll have to fix those two things that are wrong: CC not working like it should and the back up lights. Maybe in the winter time.

I really want to take a Jerome run one of these days and see what difference an H22 w/ a 5spd makes in the mountains.

member's ride thread
                            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Mount Lemmon Highway.

Comment

thanks for the tip. One of these days I'll have to fix those two things that are wrong: CC not working like it should and the back up lights. Maybe in the winter time.

I really want to take a Jerome run one of these days and see what difference an H22 w/ a 5spd makes in the mountains.
                                It will be a lot more fun, but the lack of LSD will kill the buzz quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X