LosiRacer2 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
    awww, shitty. I guess I can work at my own pace taking it apart and fixing it hopefully. I'll be sure to buy a Haynes for the 92-96 prelude VTEC now that I have the engine.
    You can download the Helm's for free.

www.hondahookup.com

It is under "manuals" on the left hand column.

Also, take your time to go through it, BEFORE you put it in. More room to work, and you can make sure everything is good and healthy. JDM engines have a higher likelihood of neglect.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
      You can download the Helm's for free.

www.hondahookup.com

It is under "manuals" on the left hand column.

Also, take your time to go through it, BEFORE you put it in. More room to work, and you can make sure everything is good and healthy. JDM engines have a higher likelihood of neglect.
      okay will do, Yeah I'm definitely gonna do all the what I think should be required maint. Tbelt, Waterpump, plugs, wires...also thinking strongly about adding in the H23 manual tensioner and possibly doing all the gaskets maybe, but I looked underneath the engine and it was clean as a bone.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Hey like I said before man, if you have a weekend planned, I'll do my best to come down and help. I'll bring all of my tools if there's anything I have that you don't. Maybe by then I'll have a nice jack and some stands.

Comment

So what do you guys notice that's new on my car?????

Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 03:54 AM.

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

sun roof visor
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
              sun roof visor
              YES!!!!! you win. I got it off an 93 Acura Legend. The sunroof is identical to ours. Except it just says Acura on the visor instead of the Honda "H". It also was tinted a bit more than the Honda one I snagged at the same time.

member's ride thread
              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

H22 is HOME!!!!!

I finally got it towed over from the guy's house to mine using my buddie's AAA card. That shit was free right there! so I'm off to a good start, unplugging the main harness, and just cleaning it up little by little. It came w/ a set of coilovers, which I don't know the name of, but they definitely don't look as cheap as Ebay ones, I may or may not decide to use them.

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

H22 Swap Progress!!!

So today I was gathering tools for my H22 swap: Locking pliers and a crescent wrench, and also a balljoint separater which led me to Autozone nearby me. The guy behind the counter noticed my Accord and I told him I plan to swap an H22 REAL soon. I told him I was gonna do it today but my friend bailed on me, so he threw the offer for assistance and I accepted. So from about 3pm til 8pm, we were wrenching on the donor car w/ the H22 and managed to get it out after removing the front crossmember and radius rods. It was just easier that way since the welded mounts were on the sides blocking us from lifting it straight up.

OH! and I managed to get a 2 ton cherry picker and Engine stand for 90 bucks yesterday! The guy only used it ONCE to lift out a 454 and the rest of the time it was nicely stored in his shed.

But here's some pics of the day's work:

Megan header. Suprisingly the gasket is in good shape. no dents on the downpipe either, and the guy I bought it from put in a Brand NEW Denso O2 sensor.

^^^the classic shot in the engine bay...I just had to

Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 03:54 AM.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

damn i want an h22. there is a guy about 180 miles from me selling one but i dunno if i wanna drive down there for the price
                    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

yes for h22 powaa

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
                        damn i want an h22. there is a guy about 180 miles from me selling one but i dunno if i wanna drive down there for the price
                        do it man, this engine is worth it.....i feel...empowered when I know this is going into my bay. Just lifting it outta the other CB put a smile on my face, knowing that it's going into mine.

I quickly watched all the vids i could find on youtube regarding H22 swapped CBs, and it was awesome lol. I'm so excited to do this!

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Here's some pics of the engine insides. I noticed this brownish color right after I took the VC off, but when i went to see what it was, it just rubbed right off w/ my towel i had. So it looks like a couple oil changes were forgotten, but hopefully it'll be solved w/ some fresh oil and then a quick drain. Or should I do something else?

Also, the guy I got the engine from said he didn't change the T-belt b/c it looked okay. The thing is, I kinda feel like I'm wasting it if I toss out this T-Belt, but its SO EASY to do it right now outta the car. The engine has about 40K on it by my estimates, so the belt should have another 50K on it left going by the 90K interval. What condition would you say its in? I didn't spot any cracks or whatnot on it so that's always a good sign.

^^there seems to be some sludge or something below the cams though..i'm kinda worried about that.

Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 03:55 AM.

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

you got to make it a stick

Comment

Originally posted by rodriguezyadir View Post
                              you got to make it a stick
                              maybe later...

member's ride thread
                              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

My offer to come help still stands, but I don't think I could make it out there until after the 2nd week in December, and this semester is over.
                                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                                X