Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That frog shot is epic, I love it!

Here is one from the first wedding of the weekend.

1999 Honda Prelude
    Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
      That frog shot is epic, I love it!
      Thanks man. I was watering some plants and the frog jumped out. Good thing I had my camera next to me.
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Here are a couple that I have ready from yesterdays Import Alliance:

*Click on photo for my MR thread

Comment

First one isn't bad, but not perfectly sharp. Ic an tell you tried to in PP. Also... is this one HDR? I can never tell... but I'm honestly not a fan of the style either way. Personally.

Second one is a good shot. Very typical, however. It's kinda eh.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
            So this is kinda lame b/c I just walked outside and took this picture in front of my house. But I'm just happy with my new (to me) toy.

very nice! Cannondale make great bikes! Here is my recent build. Scott CR1 Pro. If you ever to decide to upgrade your wheel set which is one of the best upgrades you can do to a road bike look into neuvation cycling. I have their wheels and at 1600 grams for about $200 they rival wheel sets for hundreds more. Customer service is out of this world. You speak with the actual owner... not someone in India lol

The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
            Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
            Check out my JDM F22B swap
            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

First one isn't bad, but not perfectly sharp. Ic an tell you tried to in PP. Also... is this one HDR? I can never tell... but I'm honestly not a fan of the style either way. Personally.

Second one is a good shot. Very typical, however. It's kinda eh.

It's not HDR, and yeah it took allot of fill light in PP to light the car more....therefore the noise. This is my FIRST rolling shot ever, never tried it before, I was driving and just whipped the camera out the window and rapid fired.

The second shot is typical yes, but I just liked that it was a EuroR

Comment

Originally posted by HybridKyle View Post
                It's not HDR, and yeah it took allot of fill light in PP to light the car more....therefore the noise. This is my FIRST rolling shot ever, never tried it before, I was driving and just whipped the camera out the window and rapid fired.

The second shot is typical yes, but I just liked that it was a EuroR
                Yeah, I'm just giving MY opinion. Do what you like.

Yeah, rolling shots aren't easy to just do. I know I've only tried once and they aren't the sharpest...

You have the right idea, not sure what the settings were like but I'd play around until I got the slowest shutter speed I could without that camera shake. It also depends on the car shake... I dunno how guys get them perfectly sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSheep View Post
                  you got some good shots there bhksk8ter good p'shops!
                  Thanks but none were edited.

Originally posted by BlackSheep View Post
                  how do you get this effect without photoshop? Just set the shutter speed real slow?
                  Just put the camera on shutter priority mode and adjusted it to 8/14 sec.

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
                  The beach shot looks like
                  F/4.2, 8 sec. ss &
                  F/4.8, 14 sec. ss

Exactly.

I think the beach shots would have been much better at around f/8-f/14(more dof), but thats just my two cents
                  Yeah, it would have been better with more focus towards the back, but at the time it was almost pitch black outside and I didn't think it would turn out that good.

Comment

I love the rolling shot Kyle .. rolling shots are always great!
                    Pretty good shot IMHO for having just, "whipped the camera out the window and rapid fired". lol!

Keep it up ..
                    Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

He was going a little faster than I was in the automatic Accord wagon LOL

It is hard to get them sharp, BUT if you are actually shooting the car for someone and you can tell them to slow down or speed up then it is allot easier I would imagine...I will be trying more very soon.

IlovemyCB I wasn't rejecting your critique I was embracing it, I do appreciate all input, it's how we get better!!

Tomi, thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by HybridKyle View Post
                        He was going a little faster than I was in the automatic Accord wagon LOL

It is hard to get them sharp, BUT if you are actually shooting the car for someone and you can tell them to slow down or speed up then it is allot easier I would imagine...I will be trying more very soon.

IlovemyCB I wasn't rejecting your critique I was embracing it, I do appreciate all input, it's how we get better!!

Tomi, thanks!!
                        Yeah, it can be easier if both cars go the exact same speed. I still struggle with the amount that my car moves with the road though. I think it's just finding the right shutter speed. I also have heard of people wrapping the cam strap around their wrist to hold the camera tight to your hand, then to your face. Not a bad first shot at all, I'm sure you have tons of blurrier ones. I'd love to find people to drive around with to practice my rolling shots as well.

And on the PP. Just keep messing with it to find a style you like. I've noticed that good photographers have a style where you can tell each shot was taken by them. I'm all over the map, I can never decide if I like more editing or less editing. Hopefully I'll kinda get a feel for it soon here though. Just gotta keep practicing.

Comment

Tamazula de Gordiano, Jalisco, Mexico

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

HDR? Or lots of editing?

I can see the grains where you did something in post processing.

Overall I really like that picture though. The church (?) in the middle makes it for me. Sweet shot.

Comment

HDR? Or lots of editing?

I can see the grains where you did something in post processing.

Overall I really like that picture though. The church (?) in the middle makes it for me. Sweet shot.
                              HDR kinda

i just messed around with the settings more than i probably should of and i'm on my NETBOOK so i'm just like fuck it. i hate this thing. and the mouse on it sucks.

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Some summer snaps.

I also just finished up my photography website. Check it out!!! www.wantcreatehave.com

Comment

Working...
                                X