Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need 2.8 glass sooooooooooo bad

I shot a volleyball game the other day and about went crazy. That stuff's impossible with 4-5.6!

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
      I need 2.8 glass sooooooooooo bad

I shot a volleyball game the other day and about went crazy. That stuff's impossible with 4-5.6!
      You hit the nail right on the head. It is impossible. Volleyball is regarded as one of the hardest sports to shoot well, because the lighting is usually awful, it is very fast paced, and everyone is involved in the game at once.

Most volleyball shooters that I have encountered use a fast prime such as the 85 f/1.8. The wide aperture lets you freeze the action with a much higher shutter speed. Many use the 70-200 f/2.8's for vball as well.

1999 Honda Prelude
      Photography Site

Comment

In the mean time bump that iso up and live with the grainyness?
        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Yeah, I think the 70-200 f2.8 would work fine, at least for my level of expertise. And you're right ilovemycb7, that's about all you can do.

Comment

Yeah, I think the 70-200 f2.8 would work fine, at least for my level of expertise. And you're right ilovemycb7, that's about all you can do.
            Then do it!

ISO didn't look too high at all in those last pictures...

Or you could compensate by setting up flashes all over the court.

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
              I love it. ( these are comparisons with the Canon f/4L)
              Build quality: equal
              Sharpness: equal@f4
              Auto Focus: equal or faster than the Canon

It is very comfortable on a gripped 30d. I find this lens to be a perfect weight.
              Im very excited about getting to use this lens for sports and portraits!
              Great info! Glad to see you are enjoying it man

*Click on photo for my MR thread

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                Then do it!

ISO didn't look too high at all in those last pictures...

Or you could compensate by setting up flashes all over the court.
                Off camera flash is a legit solution if you get it right. The net causes some issues with shadows, unless you shoot one side of the court per light arrangement.

1999 Honda Prelude
                Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by zelseman View Post
                  Off camera flash is a legit solution if you get it right. The net causes some issues with shadows, unless you shoot one side of the court per light arrangement.
                  I'm sure the players will love all the bright light in their faces...

Comment

i shot a few for the Wyoming Antelope Club...they was training that day

MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

Nice shots man...was this in Tampa?

Comment

Originally posted by HybridKyle View Post
                        Nice shots man...was this in Tampa?
                        thanks it was in pinellas
                        MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

Cool, I need to find a nice spot like that...for the pistols

Comment

Flash is a no-no, but that would be a decent way to fix my lack of fast glass.

Now all I need to do is find that spare 2 grand I have sitting around somewhere

Comment

besides the sigma 70-200 2.8, what other lens can be regarded as direct competitors of the 70-200 L 2.8 ? anything with f2.8 IS? I'm looking into picking up a telefoto lens as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                                I'm sure the players will love all the bright light in their faces...
                                I played high school basketball in a fairly well developed program, and the only time I ever noticed flashes was from point and shoots on the front row. Off camera flash(if placed correctly) is so far out of the focus area of an athlete that they really dont notice. And if you lit the gym from all four corners, you would not need as much power from each flash.

Flash is a no-no, but that would be a decent way to fix my lack of fast glass.
                                Now all I need to do is find that spare 2 grand I have sitting around somewhere
                                You dont need $2k. The Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 goes for anywhere from $500 to $900. Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 is another great option that goes for around the higher end of that price range too. The canon 70-200 f/2.8 goes for around $950 used. All are great options.
                                You dont have to spend huge $$ to get usable gear.

Originally posted by JoeyBoy_cb7 View Post
                                besides the sigma 70-200 2.8, what other lens can be regarded as direct competitors of the 70-200 L 2.8 ? anything with f2.8 IS? I'm looking into picking up a telefoto lens as well.
                                No other lens will have IS. And read the above for other options...

1999 Honda Prelude
                                Photography Site

Comment

Working...
                                X