Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the first shot, it's very interesting in it's width. Kinda cool I guess. However, next time I would try and keep that ventilation shaft out of the picture as it really draws your attention away from the car.

I like the second shot as well, but the lighting isn't perfect. They area you're parked in is getting a little bit of light from all around but it is getting direct sunlight to the front of the car. This causes unbalance in lighting between the front left of the car and the rest of the car.

Another general comment is that when photographing cars, unless the background really adds to the theme, enhances the colors/lines of the car, or creates a startling contrast do not park closes to anything. Having a background is fine, but you want to be sufficiently far enough away from everything so even if you can only shoot at like f3.5 or f4.5 the background's still going to be blurred.

You picked a good time of the day, but I'd suggest waiting just a little longer until the sun is only throwing out really, really soft light. In picture 3 it still looks like there is a pretty decent amount of harsh light coming in. You did good to get in the shadows, but you'll have far more options if you go when the sun is perfect.

Overall, nice sharp pics but I think you're still there with me in terms of lacking that special little something that differentiates our shots from those you see in magazines

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

ilovemycb7 - your pics are getting better! just need to perfect that composition. I like the first shot but as mentioned above I find that air vent a bit distracting especially because its cut of a bit. When framing i would either include it as a whole or not at all. the second shot is really nice but im not feeling the tilt and the rear end is a bit too dark compared to the front. If you had an off camera flash, placing it at the rear and lighting it up could have helped. Good job overall! And the BMW is
      The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
      Check out my JDM F22B swap
      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

one from the other day...

The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
        Check out my JDM F22B swap
        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Recently, right before I put on my freshly painted CAI.

1999 Honda Prelude
          Photography Site

Comment

WOW, allot of nice shots lately!

From the beach yesterday:

*Click on photo for my MR thread

Comment

The way you edit really gives an HDR effect man.

I like the shot but I think there is too much space up above. I would have shot it horizontally I think.
              Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by HybridKyle View Post
                WOW, allot of nice shots lately!

From the beach yesterday:

I really like this picture! Makes me want to be on the beach!

I also agree with ilovemycb7, but def a great shot

Edit: if it was cropped right above that line of clouds it would have been perfect!

Comment

Messing around with the 50mm and liked this one.
                  Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MDJ-7BC View Post

Edit: if it was cropped right above that line of clouds it would have been perfect!
                    I agree with both you guys, but at the same time, I really like that there's all that room @ top.
                    Having said that, if anyone knows anything about the images I shoot, I diiiissspise top room LOL!

However, I believe it really works for the image that Kyle shot, in vertical format at that!
                    And I can't stand landscapes in vertical formats .. for the most part.
                    Or in this case .. and ocean-scape ..

Again however, it really works in Kyles shot ..

Just think of this image as a poster size, like 40x60 in your home ..
                    You're sitting across the room with a brewski in your hand and staring at it ..
                    See? Looks kina cool in those terms .. doesn't it?

Tomi
                    Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 07-16-2009, 05:54 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                      The way you edit really gives an HDR effect man.

I like the shot but I think there is too much space up above. I would have shot it horizontally I think.
                      Thanks, what if I said it was HDR.... ?

Originally posted by MDJ-7BC View Post
                      I really like this picture! Makes me want to be on the beach!

I shot one almost like that, it has a little more processing to be done though, I just noticed:

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                      I agree with both you guys, but at the same time, I really like that there's all that room @ top.
                      Having said that, if anyone knows anything about the images I shoot, I diiiissspise top room LOL!

However, I believe it really works for the image that Kyle shot, in vertical format at that!
                      And I can't stand landscapes in vertical formats .. for the most part.
                      Or in this case .. and ocean-scape ..

Again however, it really works in Kyles shot ..

Just think of this image as a poster size, like 40x60 in your home ..
                      You're sitting across the room with a brewski in your hand and staring at it ..
                      See? Looks kina cool in those terms .. doesn't it?

Tomi
                      Thanks bro!! REALLY appreciate it...

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post

Messing around with the 50mm and liked this one.
                        Nice shot man, I cannot wait to get my 50mm

Comment

nothing special just shooting around the back yard. I wish i had a better variety of dslr lenses i have three slr lenses but oh well..

Comment

3rd shot has a nice DOF... 2nd shot looks pretty noisey

Nice overall!!

Comment

just learning how to use p'shop the 2nd one i wanted an old yellowish look to it it has alot of highlights i guess i should have darkened it down

Comment

Maybe the ISO was set a little high...

Comment

Working...
                                X