Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 Honda Prelude
    Photography Site

Comment

Pic taken at Huntingon Beach parking lot. He was with a few other Zs. Must've been a meet. I was carrying a few things around and didn't get the chance to take a pic of the others. I got lazy to walk around to find them.

* i thought Flickr doesn't degrade image quality, was does it seem like this pic is better if viewed from the file itself, rather from when I posted it right now?
      Last edited by JoeyBoy_cb7; 07-01-2009, 11:28 PM.

Comment

My dad found an old school 35MM Minolta

Comment

Summer is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBoy_cb7 View Post
            * i thought Flickr doesn't degrade image quality, was does it seem like this pic is better if viewed from the file itself, rather from when I posted it right now?
            What you are most likely experiencing is file degradation once uploaded due to the colorspace.

In layman's terms, next time you save a file make sure to use the "Save for Web" option instead of simply "Save" or "Save as". This converts the file's colorspace to sRGB, which is what the majority of internet browsers (such as IE, Firefox, ect.) can understand and properly display. When you upload a file that's in another colorspace (such as AdobeRGB) it automatically converts it in the browser and results in weak quality.

Hope that helps Joey

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
              Did you just get it?

Those look typical "I want to play with my camera what is near me" shots in my opinion.
              Yeah I just got it. Exactly right though hahahaha! I don't really know what or how to take pics yet..

Comment

Originally posted by bhksk8r View Post
                Yeah I just got it. Exactly right though hahahaha! I don't really know what or how to take pics yet..
                Read up and practice, practice, practice!

Comment

Originally posted by bhksk8r View Post
                  it's all good. I'm pretty sure we all have tons of pictures that look just like that. Keep shooting away.

Here is what I was up to tonight. First time using RAW editor, let me know what you guys think. And sorry... I can't find any lit locations at night and I wanted to go take some shots.

Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Nice shots! I went and tried to get some night shots last night but forgot my tripod. It was nothing short of a complete disaster

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                      Nice shots! I went and tried to get some night shots last night but forgot my tripod. It was nothing short of a complete disaster
                      Since Ive started getting into photography, my tripod has become my second penis!

Comment

Thanks man. And

I was pretty happy with these.... I still just feel like my shots are missing something. I am trying to find some new angles that i like and I just keep getting stuck on these. And I drove all over looking for a location.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                          Thanks man. And

I was pretty happy with these.... I still just feel like my shots are missing something. I am trying to find some new angles that i like and I just keep getting stuck on these. And I drove all over looking for a location.
                          I know what you mean about missing something, I feel the same way every time I'm looking over my shots. Sure, they're clear and sometimes pretty sharp, but they don't just jump out like a magazine shot would.

I wouldn't worry too much about angles, there are only so many ways you can look at a car through a single lens. I think a key to opening up different possibilities and getting that "wow" factor is to experiment with different lenses and different locations. Remember, photography is all about showing a simple subject in a way that others wouldn't normally look at it (i.e. Don't walk up next to a car and take a picture from normal head height).

Practice is what makes everyone great, it's not like you're going to run out of film or anything so just get out there and snap away!

Comment

I know what you mean about missing something, I feel the same way every time I'm looking over my shots. Sure, they're clear and sometimes pretty sharp, but they don't just jump out like a magazine shot would.

I wouldn't worry too much about angles, there are only so many ways you can look at a car through a single lens. I think a key to opening up different possibilities and getting that "wow" factor is to experiment with different lenses and different locations. Remember, photography is all about showing a simple subject in a way that others wouldn't normally look at it (i.e. Don't walk up next to a car and take a picture from normal head height).

Practice is what makes everyone great, it's not like you're going to run out of film or anything so just get out there and snap away!
                            Yeah. I need to work on my editing I think. And those are all taken from the lowest my tripod will go. However, I do understand what you're saying.

I had this shot as well:

I prefer the others though.

Comment

Im going to do my first car photoshoot this evening, and im worried about the same thing. Im afraid my pictures are just going to be regular, and that bothers me because I dont want to tell my friend that I took 2 hours taking pictures of his car and that not a single one them is really outstanding. Also I rely heavily on HDR, thats my biggest downfall

Comment

Originally posted by MDJ-7BC View Post
                                Im going to do my first car photoshoot this evening, and im worried about the same thing. Im afraid my pictures are just going to be regular, and that bothers me because I dont want to tell my friend that I took 2 hours taking pictures of his car and that not a single one them is really outstanding. Also I rely heavily on HDR, thats my biggest downfall
                                First car shoot?

well remember to get low and think about the background and try to keep it as simple as possible. If you get something impressive your first time then props. Cars are a different kind of shooting it seems to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X