Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boathouse Row - Philly

My other ride

The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL View Post
      i wish you didn't chop of a part of her arm and fill flash would have been nice too to brighten up the face. it just seems underexposed over all. always expose for the subject. in your case it looks like you exposed for the background. also, if it were me i would crop in a bit to get rid of that cooler.
      I didn't crop that picture at all. I actually set it on P and took a picture, lol. I just thought it turned out the best out of all of the ones I took that night.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i think you misunderstood me. i didn't say you cropped it. Its framed a bit to tight on one side and it cut of a piece of the girls arm. What i would crop would the bottom portion to get rid of the cooler
        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

ah I see. yes, I did frame it completely wrong. I personally like the cooler. It gives the shot a whole new feeling. The feeling of summer and picnics. I just wish the back ground was different.

I'm not into portraits where the ONLY thing in the picture is the actual subject. I like using the back ground to give feeling to the picture.

Comment

cool. for future reference try to avoid the P mode for shots like those. the camera basically guesses the proper exposure and pretty often gets it wrong resulting in under or over exposure. I think actually you would have had better luck with one of the preset portrait modes bc they automatically turn on the pop up flash for fill.
            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL View Post
              cool. for future reference try to avoid the P mode for shots like those. the camera basically guesses the proper exposure and pretty often gets it wrong resulting in under or over exposure. I think actually you would have had better luck with one of the preset portrait modes bc they automatically turn on the pop up flash for fill.
              I know. I don't usually shoot on anything besides M or Av. I was drunk and it was a kick back at the house.

Comment

"Tucking tires and wires."
                The Chronicles.

Comment

Nice cars, beautiful shots! Good job Chris.

The hot spots on the first photo sucks. Such a great angle.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

I'd do that to my CB, Coach style.

Random snapshot.

Comment

Ballin makes me want to get a wide angle lens.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Nice shots Chris. Some sweet cars.

I think that the angle on 4 kinda hurst the picture and the background on 3 is pretty distracting from the car.

Good stuff though.
                        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

thanks man.... i personally thing the angle on 4 makes the image... and yeah the backgrounds i had to work with were kinda nuts...

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                            thanks man.... i personally thing the angle on 4 makes the image... and yeah the backgrounds i had to work with were kinda nuts...
                            I would agree with you if it wasn't for those two poles right on the side. They throw me off.

You can go in circles with this shit though.

I freaking love that yellow vdub with the model though. Great shot.

Flash used for interior shot? That shot and the one with the guy inside the car really remind me of the way you shoot clubs.

Comment

love the critique man thanks, but yeah... a lot of those shots included flash

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                                love the critique man thanks, but yeah... a lot of those shots included flash
                                I love looking through the shots so works out.

I'm sure you've answered a billion times but what flash do you use? I need to maybe look into getting something simple. If the d40 can handle it.

You want to send me the yellow vdub shot? Or post up higher res.

1440x900 = my screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X