Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My poor attempts at trying to better myself with the flash..

^was bored so I PS'd it.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Nice shot of the girl up there. Doesn't hurt that she's nice to look at too.

Photos of model cars for the win! Did you point the flash up or right at them?
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
        Photos of model cars for the win! Did you point the flash up or right at them?
        I had it facing up this time but I also had 2 pieces of papers folded to have a bounce card. Just like the picture below.

The pictures were shot in the dark and the only light was the flash.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Nice. I think they turned out well. Flash looks like fun to play with.

Now... if only it was that easy to light up an entire car.

Comment

umm wow nice pics guys and do u think this is a good camera for a bigginer???? http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3118204 , and if not dose somone have a site that is good for buying good cameras??

and can somone tell me what all the numbers u guys are talkin about, like all the mm things
            thanks
            Last edited by AcEr; 02-01-2009, 01:45 PM.
            My 90 Civic Hatchback.

Check it out and leave a comment.
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194295

Comment

The mm is the number that basically shows the zoom of the lens. It's a range that the lens covers. The 2.8 or what not is f-stop which is how much light the lens can let in at it's maximum.

And this isn't really the place to get this kind of advice I don't think. I dunno. But what are you using the camera for?

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                The mm is the number that basically shows the zoom of the lens. It's a range that the lens covers. The 2.8 or what not is f-stop which is how much light the lens can let in at it's maximum.

And this isn't really the place to get this kind of advice I don't think. I dunno. But what are you using the camera for?
                ohh yea well like i really jsut want to start taking nice pics, like if i have a nicer camra i will be taking pics alot. That is y i need i better camara.
                My 90 Civic Hatchback.

Comment

Originally posted by AcEr View Post
                  ohh yea well like i really jsut want to start taking nice pics, like if i have a nicer camra i will be taking pics alot. That is y i need i better camara.
                  Haha. Obviously you buy a camera to take pictures. I'm not stupid.

If you enjoy taking pictures then you can do it on any camera, and if you find out you like it and want to get into it then you should really look at DSLRs. Such as the Nikon D40 (that's what I have) or up a level or two. Of course Canon and some others have nice low end models.

That said, if you just want a point and shoot camera then go ahead and get that one. I don't know anything about point and shoots, other than they are inferior to DSLRs if you're goal is to go out and take pictures to improve your picture taking ability to and have fun doing it.

You never really answered my question of what you are looking for in a camera and what you're typical usage will be. You should read around, and perhaps the extra reading will also improve your basic grammar.

Comment

with flash bounced on the ceiling.

So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

w/e
                      My 90 Civic Hatchback.

Comment

Originally posted by AcEr View Post
                        w/e
                        That camera you posted is actualy really nice. Its not a dslr but for what you want to do who cares. It has "Fast 33-396mm (35mm equivalent) lens gives you remarkable focal range" So that basicaly means it has alot of zoom. I mean alot. Obviously, 10mp will let you take large printable pictures. Uses AA batteries which can suck, so you'll want to buy some really good rechargeable batteries. If you just want to take nicer pictures of your car and other stuff this is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                          That camera you posted is actualy really nice. Its not a dslr but for what you want to do who cares. It has "Fast 33-396mm (35mm equivalent) lens gives you remarkable focal range" So that basicaly means it has alot of zoom. I mean alot. Obviously, 10mp will let you take large printable pictures. Uses AA batteries which can suck, so you'll want to buy some really good rechargeable batteries. If you just want to take nicer pictures of your car and other stuff this is perfect.
                          yea like i don't want to go out and buy the best camera right away, and like i don't really want to spend alot of money on my first main camera. yea and i wana not how like j-spec and other people on this thread take such good pics like all hte couler looks so good ?
                          My 90 Civic Hatchback.

Comment

Its 30%camera and 70%skill well maybe even more skill. They're professional photographers. Nuff said. If you want to take good pictures, buy a nice camera and start practicing and doing research.

Comment

yea i want a nicer camera really badly. Do you know a place where i can get a nice camera for like 300$ or cheaper??
                              My 90 Civic Hatchback.

Comment

You can probly pick up a nikon d40 for that price if you wait and look around long enough. Here are some pics I took the other night after workin on my car all night. These were taken at about 5am after a LONG night,lol. Just goes to show that it really takes alot of skill to take the nice pictures you see all the time. I'm just not there yet. Taking pictures at night is challenging, but thats what makes it worth practicing and getting good at. Its a hobby like anything else.

Its all about just picking up the camera and playing with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X