CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average. Display Modes
Old 06-08-2019, 11:27 PM   #561
af_1132
CB7tuner Member

af_1132 is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to af_1132

I see that service manual in there! I am so glad I have one, I just wished mine looked as good as yours.

I just read through about your 180 out timing troubles. I'm sorry you're having to go through that right now.

Those readings on the AFR gauge confuzzle me. 16.8 at WOT is downright dangerously lean, and still leaner than mine was running if I were to hold it a 2k. It is also the AFR cap reading if you are using the D14 signal, which runs from 0-3.x volts The fact that the AFRs didn't change makes me think it is not hooked up correctly. Did you pin the ECU wire for the wideband to D14 on the ECU?

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
"Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
FS Thread

15.10 @ 90.42mph
The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!

Last edited by af_1132; 06-08-2019 at 11:52 PM.
af_1132 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:17 AM   #562
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
No I did d10 and clipped the two resistors r138 and r136 so it sees the full 5 volts. Followed phearables method.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:00 AM   #563
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
so what are you going to do?
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:12 AM   #564
af_1132
CB7tuner Member

I also want to double check that you calibrated the wideband. On my Innovate model, if I remember correctly, I had to turn the ignition on and have the wideband open to the air for 30 seconds or so.

MRT
FS Thread

15.10 @ 90.42mph
Old 06-10-2019, 02:23 PM   #565
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

So some good news, decided to triple check my timing and I was off by one tooth, literally one tooth, compression is now 190/185/180/190 and it starts. Still doesn't run without me holding the throttle slightly open. Also kinda sounds like its running on 3 cylinders. Checked spark at all 4 and all 4 are sparking. They all smell like gas, and the AF is holding around 11-12 at 1k. So I sent a datalog to blake and he is going to take a look and refine it.

Also I am running AEM X-series wideband and it doesn't say it needs any calibration, but I will triple check that.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
Old 06-10-2019, 04:36 PM   #566
Raf99
Gold Member

Well, great news! When's the appointment with Blake?
Old 06-10-2019, 05:11 PM   #567
af_1132
CB7tuner Member

Hmm, what is your fuel pressure and what do you have set at the injector duty cycle?

MRT
FS Thread

15.10 @ 90.42mph
Old 06-10-2019, 07:02 PM   #568
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
Well, great news! When's the appointment with Blake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by af_1132 View Post
Hmm, what is your fuel pressure and what do you have set at the injector duty cycle?
I sent Blake a datalog today to work out the idle issue since the car wonít idle on its own. Once we get the idle issue figured out weíll set an appointment.

My fuel pressure is 38psi and Iíll have to look to see what the duty cycle is. Iím still trying to learn my way around S300.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:23 PM   #569
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Update:
So worked on the car some more and after troubleshooting the crap out of it and doing lots of research on the delta 272 regrind, I found that the car won't idle properly unless it idles around 900-1000. So I adjusted the idle and now it idles nicely.

I went ahead and wrapped the manifold in DEI Titanium wrap as well as the turbo blanket, which let me tell you I hate fiberglass, even with gloves the stuff still gets in your skin.... But for a first time wrapping a manifold I think it turned out great:

In other news, now that the idle issue is resolved and I confirmed I don't have a misfire or bad timing, the tuning process has begun. We are currently working on just the daily driving habits and up to 5 psi of boost. All I can say is, man do miss riding/driving a boosted cb. This motor wants to feed! I have a small clip and if I figure out how to upload it to youtube, ill put a link in here for your viewing pleasure.

Last edited by Grumpys93; 06-20-2019 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:54 PM   #570
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
ooh ooh ooh ... shame you had to hide that beautiful manifold under all that wrap!

LOTS of CB7 parts for sale http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583 or watch for banner ad at upper right
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:17 PM   #571
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

I know I didn’t want to but if I didn’t the carbon fiber hood would start fading out right above the manifold and the alternator was getting super hot. Believe me I hated doing it! I may get it ceramic coated like the turbine housing but I don’t think a black manifold would look any sexier.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:24 PM   #572
Raf99
Gold Member

dam, so you're driving it ?
Old 06-20-2019, 09:18 PM   #573
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
dam, so you're driving it ?
Yes sir. Drove it now two days in a row put about 60 miles on her. She feels solid. No leaks, a small exhaust leak at the vband to turbine housing but its super minimal. I need to purchase a new radiator fan, as my ECT is sitting around 204-206 when driving, would like to see that number closer to 180-190, only problem is I have to get a push fan that is slimmer then 3" or a small puller fan (no more then 7 inches) that can sit on the lower passenger side corner. I already have a thermostat that opens up at 170 and I can't run a full size radiator unless I tuck it. Which is an option I will look at in the future.

When I do the 3rd gear WOT 2k-4k I hate letting off when it goes past 5psi, but right now we are just trying to smooth out the daily driving side. Hopefully next week we will get into the boosted side more and start cranking up the boost.

I do have to get new tires in the front at the very least, these Cooper Extreme Contacts that came with the rims are garbage. So that will be the next investment. I am planning on running 225/50/R17 Pilot Sport 4s, not sure if anyone has used these or not, but they look like a solid tire.

Here is the very short clip of 3rd WOT 2-4K up to 5psi (no clue how to embed it)

https://youtu.be/Skh_BZmyoQg

Last edited by Grumpys93; 06-20-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:22 PM   #574
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Do you have a shroud, or any plans for one? That would greatly help to increase the ability for whatever slim fan you have to cool the radiator. It doesn't have to be much much than thin-gauge aluminum stood off just a bit from the fins with hole(s) for the fan(s) cut out. That's all that Sheepy, Chase Bays and SpeedFactory do.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:14 AM   #575
Straight Success
Contributing Member

Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire Straight Success is someone to admire
I have yet to ride in any boosted CB7. Hmmm.

5 lbs you say. I'm curious to know what one feels like in comparison to H22 swapped CB7.

Last edited by Straight Success; 06-21-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Straight Success is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:06 AM   #576
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Do you have a shroud, or any plans for one? That would greatly help to increase the ability for whatever slim fan you have to cool the radiator. It doesn't have to be much much than thin-gauge aluminum stood off just a bit from the fins with hole(s) for the fan(s) cut out. That's all that Sheepy, Chase Bays and SpeedFactory do.
I donít have one yet but I plan to make one. The fan sits between the intercooler and radiator. There is only about half an inch between the fan and the intercooler. I know this is probably starving the fan of air, but itís the only place I can mount it currently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Success View Post
I have yet to ride in any booster CB7. Hmmm.

5 lbs you say. I'm curious to know what one feels like in comparison to H22 swapped CB7.
I love the feeling of when boost comes on. 5lbs isnít much and thatís where we are limiting it until we get the daily driving habits down first. Once that is done I am shooting for 18-21psi for track days and 14-16 on cruising around days. If you ever in the panhandle hit me up and Iíll take ya for a spin. Just be forewarned the boost bug is each to catch especially with the tq it produces.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: