No announcement yet.

new swap time, it's about to get real big up in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, I know it is, and I am planning on going full cop, and AAPOQ, my pockets aren't deep at all, it's just I am doing all the work to stats easily saving me 10k+, so far I've spent maybe $2200, engine,tran,ecu,wiring was $1800 shipped, then I spent about $100 in metal so far, and rest went to rear end stuff, if I had deep pockets, I would already have everything I needed for the swap, like radiator, driveshaft, suspension, front end stuff, slowly but surely I am getting those things..well not right now I'm not lol

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
      yeah, I know it is, and I am planning on going full cop, and AAPOQ, my pockets aren't deep at all, it's just I am doing all the work to stats easily saving me 10k+, so far I've spent maybe $2200, engine,tran,ecu,wiring was $1800 shipped, then I spent about $100 in metal so far, and rest went to rear end stuff, if I had deep pockets, I would already have everything I needed for the swap, like radiator, driveshaft, suspension, front end stuff, slowly but surely I am getting those things..well not right now I'm not lol
      I swiped a cop setup off of a crown Vic police interceptor and retrofitted it to my dsm. Pretty straight forward too. Not sure what it would take to run one on an rb, but I'm sure it can be done.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

yeah, it shouldn't bee too hard, and even easier if I am going stand alone, but if I were to stick with the factory ecu, I believe all I would need to do is grab a series 2 harness, ecu, and the cop's themselves, everything else is the exact same, so yeah not too hard

1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

well, just got all 4 shocks from an S13 for $40, I just needed the front to see if I could get them to fit the cb, but can't go wrong with that price lol, I already have the LCA's for the front, now just need knuckles, and the tie rod bracket

1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
            well, just got all 4 shocks from an S13 for $40, I just needed the front to see if I could get them to fit the cb, but can't go wrong with that price lol, I already have the LCA's for the front, now just need knuckles, and the tie rod bracket
            I would imagine if you bought a camber kit and a variety of tie rod ends you could finagle the steering/suspension fairly easy with some trial and error as long as you can get everything to bolt together.
            Originally posted by wed3k
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

No camber kit needed, well except for when I go low, the shocks are in the exact same location on both cars in the front, now the rears its another story, I toyed with the idea of cutting off the top half of the rear wheel wells and swapping them left to right, which I may do because the shocks mount in the rear on the 240's which as you know is the opposite of where the accords mount, then I could just buy a full 240sx coilover kit.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread

Comment

nice man
                back at it again

Comment

I'm Excited to see more :-)

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

I will have updates soon... I hope anyways, I was planning to drive down tomorrow and work on it because I wasn't able to on my week off, but Mother Nature decided to strike yet again and it's supposed to snow tomorrow and Wednesday and Thursday so no work again, but it looks like its going to start warming up finally so work should continue next week

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread

Comment

Just stumbled across this thread today and read every page of it. Ive been a diesel mechanic for the last 20 years so I really appreciate this kind of workmanship. I love these old cb7's. I remember cruising around after high school when they were brand new. Its a timeless design and imho one of Hondas best ever. This really is new age hot rodding, love it. I still have my cb7 after all these years. Been neglected the last 7-8 years, but working on it every weekend bringing it back to life. Ill never get rid of it. Its going to be a bad ass classic someday worth big bucks, you watch. Thinking of hitting up the pick n pulls just to stock up on lots and lots of parts, just to have them. Ten years from now its going to get alot harder to find stuff. Im drunk haha, wife wanted to drink today lol. Was hoping to get to the last page of this thread to see completion and then search for it on youtube, but oh well. Keep at it bud, really awesome work your doing. Ill be happy just finding an H22 swap to do someday.
                      "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

Originally posted by totaldoughnut View Post
                        Just stumbled across this thread today and read every page of it. Ive been a diesel mechanic for the last 20 years so I really appreciate this kind of workmanship. I love these old cb7's. I remember cruising around after high school when they were brand new. Its a timeless design and imho one of Hondas best ever. This really is new age hot rodding, love it. I still have my cb7 after all these years. Been neglected the last 7-8 years, but working on it every weekend bringing it back to life. Ill never get rid of it. Its going to be a bad ass classic someday worth big bucks, you watch. Thinking of hitting up the pick n pulls just to stock up on lots and lots of parts, just to have them. Ten years from now its going to get alot harder to find stuff. Im drunk haha, wife wanted to drink today lol. Was hoping to get to the last page of this thread to see completion and then search for it on youtube, but oh well. Keep at it bud, really awesome work your doing. Ill be happy just finding an H22 swap to do someday.
                        LOLpost... the things we do before we post online...

steal on the shocks, i bet you can get that 40 back just selling the rears.
                        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I didn't buy them, the guy wanted $80 for shipping 2 states over, so I am still looking for fronts only, sure its still cheap but yeah I want super cheap, as long as they bolt up thats all I need them for it mock up.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread

Comment

when are you moving to az finally??

Ride List
                            1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                            2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                            newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

This fall, unless things drastically turn around at work, if they do turn around the where I can start working overtime again, then I will stay until after winter 2013/2014 and move this time next year, but if they don't change then it will be octoberish so around sept-nov, I want to make sure my car can at least be moved, or I would move right now lol, so once I have the fab work done and the suspension under it then I can really look at moving.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread

Comment

found out a guy from a car club I am in has a 240sx he is planning to remove parts from then junk the shell, so I may be getting it for free, and if I do I will just out the trans tunnel, and rear diff mounting section and weld them in...well, the rear end will be a maybe, but the trans tunnel for sure, if the rear doesn't line up as far at top to bottom then I will keep my current setup.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                                My FS Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X