Clear All

According2Aaron : 1990 Accord LX

SOLD!

PAGE 7! Spring 2006 CB7Tuner Meet!

This is my 1990 Honda Accord LX sedan.

ENGINE / EXHAUST:
    - eBay short ram intake
    - 5-speed transmission conversion
    - Valve cover, exhaust manifold heat shield, and spark plug wires spray painted Ford Dark Blue

WHEELS / SUSPENSION:
    - Stock wheels, minus wheel covers
    - Coilover sleeveovers

BRAKES:
    - OEM brakes

EXTERIOR:
    - Black car originally, but was painted white
    - Black vinyl stripes on the sides
    - Black wing
    - Empty front bumper
    - DIY black mesh grille
    - DIY Suicide trunk
    - '90 taillights painted over white
    - '92 outer taillights
    - clear corner turn signals
    X rear badges shaved off
    - dryer vent on right side of front bumper for direct intake
    - shaved molding
    X hood left black to look like a carbon fiber hood
    - Hood primered white
    - SunPro tachometer installed on hood

INTERIOR:
    - sheet metal center console
    - DIY short shifter
    - different shift boot
    - Push-button ignition
    X Toggle switch for the cooling fan (switch is now inactive because the fans were made automatic again during the new engine installation)
    - Water and voltage guages above glove box
    - Buttons, bezels, and vents painted white
    - Aftermarket pedal covers
    - Sheet metal driver's floor mat

FUTURE MODIFICATIONS:
    - Camaro Z28 louvers in hood

One of my friends bought the car a few years ago and customized it. It's been tossed around from friend-to-friend since. When he fixed the car up he stripped off all the emissions and gained tons of horsepower. He also converted the transmission to a 5-speed transmission. Sleeveover coilovers were added later.

I took the pictures with my brother's digital camera which a friend of his dropped, which accounts for the fuzzy darkness on the right sides of the pictures and the inaccurate date display. Enjoy!

This was a dryer vent added for direct airflow to the cold air intake.

Airflow from the vent on the bumper flows into this hole cut to the cold air intake.

In some pictures you may notice the air filter had fallen off. It does that because the intake wasn't designed for CB7's.

The hoodprop was probably removed because it was always in the way, at least I find they get in the way. =)

The outer taillights were replaced with '92/'93 taillights and the trunk taillights were painted white to blend in with the rest of the car.

Last edited by According2Aaron; 02-12-2007, 08:47 PM.

To give the car a sort of race car feel, the place where the floor mat in the driver's floorboard was filled with a replacement sheet metal floor mat.

The air vents, some buttons, and the glovebox door were all painted white.

This is the custom center console my friend made to give the car more of a race car feel again and to give a home for the push-button ignition and cooling fans' toggle switch.

The car is still filthy because when I got it, it had been sitting for about a year and a half with the driver's window, window motor, and rear passenger's door window missing, and I haven't gotten around to vacuuming the car out yet.

This is my brother holding the custom-rigged suicide trunk. Not bad work for several teenage rednecks, huh? =)

My brother had never seen a suicide trunk until he saw this Accord so he requested a puzzled-face picture.

Yes, that's a CB radio whip antenna.

The friend that I got the car from accidentally took out the taillights with his Chevy truck. =S
    Last edited by According2Aaron; 10-26-2005, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Wow, ummm..... It's Unique...
      Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

need to get rid of the vinyl, then should look better

Comment

That is an interesting ram air idea and also definately a different shifter idea too. That shifter/center console idea kinda gives it a raw race/rally look about it. Is that a shortened shifter as well? And is that center console made from brushed stainless steel?
          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

nice originality

"Tucking tires and wires."
            The Chronicles.

Comment

this car needs TLC new bumper, taillights, corner/bumper lights adn it should look alot better

Comment

I believe the shifter is either cut down and welded shorter or bent into a short shifter. I think the center console is tin or some sort of sheet metal.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                  this car needs TLC new bumper, taillights, corner/bumper lights adn it should look alot better
                  The passenger's side clearcorner turn-signal light is fine, just the driver's side one has the lens busted; so I'll replace that one. I just need to repaint the rear bumper. The front bumper is okay (just possibly might be painted later) except for the little bit of bentness under the driver's side from where I was driving it home from the friend's house I bought the car from and the crank angle sensor in the distributor demagnetized and the motor died in town and I had to call AAA and have it towed home, and when the car was pulled up on the rollback the front bumper dragged the ground because the front coilovers were set so the car was slammed all the way to the ground. So I'll reshape that and put that wire mesh stuff (I can't remember what it's called) in the bumper to fill in that empty void 'cause my friend's CB9 looks good with it and I like that better than the lights and stuff. =)

Comment

All i'm gettin is red X's

Comment

That's odd.... Now that I'm on a different computer I get the red X's too. =( After all, it is a free hosting site I upload my pictures to so they're not that reliable. Does anybody know of a host that's more reliable...? Heh.... =(

Comment

Photobucket works well for me.

I'm intrigued to see it.

Comment

I used to use them but then they kept giving me error messages saying that I had used too much space and couldnt' upload anything else. I suppose I could try under a new account. =)

Comment

There, fixed it! =) I re-uploaded everything to PhotoBucket.com.

Comment

is that a cb antenna? damn that things big
                              ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X