Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hillbilly hell is that ?
    this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
    How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
    Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

I ordered it with the upgraded Core i7 processor. I wanted the uni-body model without retina display because it is upgrade-able. I plan to replace the hard drive and the optical drive with two SSDs in RAID 0 configuration.

with the college employee discount it was $1134, a $200 savings

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
        What the hillbilly hell is that ?
        h22, b16 & b18 valve spring compressor

Comment

just waiting on the Radeon R7 260x to finish the upgrades...
          MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
          1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Originally posted by KpoweredCB7 View Post
            I plan to replace the hard drive and the optical drive with two SSDs in RAID 0 configuration.
            You should really do more research regarding this idea. RAID and SSD is not generally a good idea. You're going to wind up thrashing your SSDs, decreasing their lifespan and decreasing their performance, equating to wasted money. The cost/value tradeoff is yours to make obviously, but I wouldn't recommend it. SSDs are great for certain scenarios, but they are definitely still an immature technology with problems that don't have great solutions. Unless you've got money to burn, I advise you think critically about their application.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
              h22, b16 & b18 valve spring compressor
              I have one and it works really well

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
              1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread
              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                You should really do more research regarding this idea. RAID and SSD is not generally a good idea. You're going to wind up thrashing your SSDs, decreasing their lifespan and decreasing their performance, equating to wasted money. The cost/value tradeoff is yours to make obviously, but I wouldn't recommend it. SSDs are great for certain scenarios, but they are definitely still an immature technology with problems that don't have great solutions. Unless you've got money to burn, I advise you think critically about their application.
                Newer Intel chipsets have support for RAID and TRIM, which negates the issues with RAID and SSDs. If your mobo/controller doesn't support TRIM while in RAID though, I would stay far away. I had 2x 256GB SSDs in RAID0, and it was blazing fast at first, but just got slower and slower as it had to erase and then write each cell instead of having TRIM clear them in the background so it only had to write.

I took them out of RAID, and now they are back to being wicked fast again.
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                  Newer Intel chipsets have support for RAID and TRIM, which negates the issues with RAID and SSDs.
                  I question the validity of this statement. Can you provide a reference? We're speaking about fakeraid here (proprietary "firmware-raid" that is not really hardware accelerated at all and done all via proprietary software drivers), correct? I don't know of any software RAID that has discard (this is what TRIM is, at the block device level) support through and through either, however. I know there is spotty support for discard with RAID 1 (mirroring), but not RAID 0 (striping; not technically RAID), so I could see fakeraid implementations supporting that.

Mods: please feel free to fork this thread with a discussion in the appropriate section if necessary!
                  Last edited by reklipz; 03-06-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      ball joint time?

GFX card came in today

Comment

A couple of mufflers for my CP3.. and a set of fresh shoes.

Before.

After.

19x8.5 /+35... 245/35/19ZR

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

lingenfelter top end for the 6.0 that im building. Im not too sure what to put it in yet lol

I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I do not, unfortunately, have money to burn.
                            Considering this will be a software RAID, since I couldn't fit a RAID controller in the MacBook Pro chassis. (Can I???) no.. However, MacBook Pro's do have a "TRIM enabler" that can be installed.

Perhaps I'll spring for one large drive for now, I only considered two in RAID because I don't envision using the "superdrive".

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                            Newer Intel chipsets have support for RAID and TRIM, which negates the issues with RAID and SSDs. If your mobo/controller doesn't support TRIM while in RAID though, I would stay far away. I had 2x 256GB SSDs in RAID0, and it was blazing fast at first, but just got slower and slower as it had to erase and then write each cell instead of having TRIM clear them in the background so it only had to write.

I took them out of RAID, and now they are back to being wicked fast again.
                            I like the idea of RAID 0, but as I stated to Reklipz, I may hold off on the idea.

I question the validity of this statement. Can you provide a reference? We're speaking about fakeraid here (proprietary "firmware-raid" that is not really hardware accelerated at all and done all via proprietary software drivers), correct? I don't know of any software RAID that has discard (this is what TRIM is, at the block device level) support through and through either, however. I know there is spotty support for discard with RAID 1 (mirroring), but not RAID 0 (striping; not technically RAID), so I could see fakeraid implementations supporting that.

Mods: please feel free to fork this thread with a discussion in the appropriate section if necessary!
                            I'll look up what "TRIM enabler" for Mac truly supports.

Comment

Originally posted by Jking72 View Post
                              clean your cpu heatsink... and where is your exhaust for for the case?

Comment

Originally posted by emosun View Post
                                clean your cpu heatsink... and where is your exhaust for for the case?
                                ya I ran out of compressed air when I was cleaning yesterday...

you mean like a case fan?

Comment

Working...
                                X