No announcement yet.

Underground.Society chat thread V. 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just so everyone knows, I've been parting my car out. If ya'll need anything lmk! http://www.carolinahondas.com/honda-...e-partout.html

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
      lmao. modifying a car actually somewhat raises the resale value. only towards a certain crowd. sure a middle aged man thats not into modified cars wouldnt buy it. but i would never sell to a middle aged man who doesnt like modified cars. mainly because i dont know any. take my car for example. i got it for $200. spent no more than $600 on it so far and im able to get at least $1500 for it now. it not much of a profit but its more than what i bought it for.

and you the last person to talk about "grown person" car. lol. you just got a BMW and get rims for it i dont do stock. sorry. im a car enthusiast so ill make sure ill enjoy the car MY way. sorry if it doesnt appeal to anyone else. and even once i get my TSX, that will still get modified. not much but rims, drop and HIDs. i dont modify it for resale value. i mod it because its what i like to do.

do i seriously have to explain this to members of underground society?

Hey man these rims were "rare" 2 piece staggered OEM BMW rims...made by BBS in Germany.....I'd be a fool not to get those for the bimmer....lol. Now if I got 20 inch chrome...dark tint...loud exhuast...stickers all over my window...seats from a Volvo...car slammed to the ground...disable my air bag and installed a quik release autozone steering wheel then yeah that will drop the value of my car or anyone's car. And I am not saying the value on your current car is dimished...all I am saying is you will reach a point in your life where you need a grown folk car...plain and simple...now I didnt say sell your other modded car...sh*** I still and will always have my honda...and whatever else I purchase...but as your career advance and you get older...get you a clean un-modded car so you can go to meetings and take your family to church without the fart-can exhaust raising the dead!

With that being said and before you get defensive, first and foremost its your car...so you do you....but being one of your oldest members of UGS...just offering a bit of advice..we family...thats how we do. Even your most die-hard car enthusiast may have a 1955 Barracuda in the garage and a Kia Sephia he drive to work everyday...lol

SN: and you know damn well you have spent more than 600 bucks on your car...dude be real....haha
      Last edited by 90-JDMCB7; 08-30-2010, 09:23 PM.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
      ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

...oh yeah...I agree with the part about modding raises the resale value to a certain crowd of people....

...unfortunately that crowd is growing smaller these days...that group of people..."us" usually like to buy un-modded...un-molested cars and then mod them ourselves...when I plan on selling my Accord coupe...whenever that is I will loose my a** in money...nobody will EVER pay me what I got in that car...so modding will have essentially caused me to loose money on that particular car....someone who is deep into modding will try to get my car at a huge discount thinking I will give in, because they know and I know I will never get all that money back. Someone not into modding will simply say thats still a 1990 Accord...worth 1000 bucks in Kelly Blue Book..so thats what they will offer. I am kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place....so guess what...unless I get top dollar...I will keep that car and give it to my son when he is old enough to drive.....lol

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol

Comment

i feel ya Tony. but as for me, i dont think ill ever get out of the modding thing. unless it completely and utterly drops out of place in the world, i will continue to mod. as for the growing older with a DD, well....i dont think ill ever have a bone stock car for a DD. lol. ill have one thats LIGHTLY modded. as in just a drop, rims, and HIDs and thats it. but it'll never be BONE stock.

i drive my G/F '07 accord every day. i love it man. i love being able to get into the car and roll down the windows and not have to reach to each side to do it. lol. the smoothness of the acceleration. the quietness of the car. but i hate the height. the wheels look they sit like a foot inside of the fender well. lol. i've already put some HIDs on it. if i could find some good 17s or 18s at a good price and a nice mild suspension then id drop it and put them up there. lol.

but as far as having something stock that i MYSELF buy.....yeah...i dont think that'll ever happen. i have grown out of the "my car is loud as fack and i love it" phase. lol. i liked my cb being a little loud, but i want a toned down exhaust now. either a quiet one or a bone stock one. the next CB will get MAINLY suspension work done. and done properly

Comment

^^^^^..dude you are growing up a little...lol....bout time...j/k....now keep in mind...even though I typed a book earlier...that I noted that or eluded to still mildly modding my cars as well...now will I do an all out engine swap and put a V10 in the bimmer...NO...but the rims are done...a little programming to the ECU..near future...sport suspension, from the factory done...ceramic tint..done...HID's in the fogs...on order....and other small tastefull stuff as well.

Its in mty blood...I will mod everything I own...even modded my Denali XL...but as you mature, your level of modding matures with you....thats all I am saying....nd I still say nothing beats a clean all stock car for certain occasions...its a stress free vehicle you can park anywhere and not worry about someone trying to break in it or steal parts off it....especially useful when taking ya girl to the movies or an amusement park where your car will be left unattended for a long period of time.

Comment

I'm about to change up my situation as well pretty soon. I love my CB but it may just be about that time to move on to something else.............and only lightly mod it cause like you guys said, it's in my nature to mod cars. I also have a wife and soon to be 3rd kid in the house which means the CB isn't gonna cut it much longer with the way I have it setup (no a/c, etc). Wifey said I can only have 1 project car which is cool/understandable so now I'm looking at what my options might be..........but the next 1 will have a/c for sure! I do plan on keeping my rims though so they can be used on the next ride I get.
              Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7 View Post
                ^^^^^..dude you are growing up a little...lol....bout time...j/k....now keep in mind...even though I typed a book earlier...that I noted that or eluded to still mildly modding my cars as well...now will I do an all out engine swap and put a V10 in the bimmer...NO...but the rims are done...a little programming to the ECU..near future...sport suspension, from the factory done...ceramic tint..done...HID's in the fogs...on order....and other small tastefull stuff as well.

Its in mty blood...I will mod everything I own...even modded my Denali XL...but as you mature, your level of modding matures with you....thats all I am saying....nd I still say nothing beats a clean all stock car for certain occasions...its a stress free vehicle you can park anywhere and not worry about someone trying to break in it or steal parts off it....especially useful when taking ya girl to the movies or an amusement park where your car will be left unattended for a long period of time.
                thats understandable. but thats another reason why i want a newer car too. the only reason my g/f doesnt ride with me in my car now is because it has no A/C. lol. next year for sure, i probably wont have a CB for a while because i want a CG so freakin badly. ive wanted one for a while. im thinking of just keeping this money from the CB and saving it til i can find me a decent CG then get that.

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
                I'm about to change up my situation as well pretty soon. I love my CB but it may just be about that time to move on to something else.............and only lightly mod it cause like you guys said, it's in my nature to mod cars. I also have a wife and soon to be 3rd kid in the house which means the CB isn't gonna cut it much longer with the way I have it setup (no a/c, etc). Wifey said I can only have 1 project car which is cool/understandable so now I'm looking at what my options might be..........but the next 1 will have a/c for sure! I do plan on keeping my rims though so they can be used on the next ride I get.
                im not sure if i would make enough to have modded cars. lol. a CB then a DD CB or CG. maybe later on in life. but id only lightly mod my next car too. no matter what it is. the most i would do is a retrofit for the headlights. mainly because; 1. it looks hot, 2. i like doing it, and 3. because its better headlight output. lol.

Comment

Yeah I never jumped on the yanking the AC out band wagon....I always wanted to keep my car family friendly in case it needed to be used for that. Not knocking the guys that did yank it out....but that just wasn't for me!

I also love my power steering too....lol....hey you live and you learn!

Comment

Yeah I never jumped on the yanking the AC out band wagon....I always wanted to keep my car family friendly in case it needed to be used for that. Not knocking the guys that did yank it out....but that just wasn't for me!

I also love my power steering too....lol....hey you live and you learn!
                    lmao. thats true man. that was my learning car. i did everything to it. lol. brakes, motor swap, suspension, paint(no matter how crappy it was i know now what i should do before and after and what kind of paint to use. lol). my next car tho ill be ready. it aint getting much done tho. just rims, drop, HIDs, tint and a front lip. if i do anything more i know ill get into "strip everything out because it needs to be fast" thing. lmao

Comment

thats understandable. but thats another reason why i want a newer car too. the only reason my g/f doesnt ride with me in my car now is because it has no A/C. lol. next year for sure, i probably wont have a CB for a while because i want a CG so freakin badly. ive wanted one for a while. im thinking of just keeping this money from the CB and saving it til i can find me a decent CG then get that.

im not sure if i would make enough to have modded cars. lol. a CB then a DD CB or CG. maybe later on in life. but id only lightly mod my next car too. no matter what it is. the most i would do is a retrofit for the headlights. mainly because; 1. it looks hot, 2. i like doing it, and 3. because its better headlight output. lol.
                      .....and what's this ish about not not making enough money to have modded "cars"....man haven't you ever dreamed of one day having your dream job? Yeah? So what you gonna do about it? Go get it...make that dream happen...do what it takes to get what u want (legally of course)...I did it...and am still working on my dream....shiiit....everyday I am trying to get that much closer to the top....and yeah I started at the bottom....the very bottom....it's never too late to shoot for the stars man....sometimes you miss....reload and shoot again...I myself have personally failed more times than most people on this forum have even tried! That's the God honest truth...

Again I am not trying to say I am the poster child for success....I am not....but I do know you make comments to me alot about not having the money I may have or 5 cars in your garage....dude I challenge you to go after your own personal dream...whatever. . that may be. I aint no motivational speaker...but I say this...don't get caught up in the day to day drama of life and loose sight of your goals and dreams and desires to provide something better for your family....you deserve the right go do that for yourself!

Stay positive brother!
                      Last edited by 90-JDMCB7; 08-31-2010, 07:53 PM.

Comment

.....and what's this ish about not not making enough money to have modded "cars"....man haven't you ever dreamed of one day having your dream job? Yeah? So what you gonna do about it? Go get it...make that dream happen...do what it takes to get what u want (legally of course)...I did it...and am still working on my dream....shiiit....everyday I am trying to get that much closer to the top....and yeah I started at the bottom....the very bottom....it's never too late to shoot for the stars man....sometimes you miss....reload and shoot again...I myself have personally failed more times than most people on this forum have even tried! That's the God honest truth...

Again I am not trying to say I am the poster child for success....I am not....but I do know you make comments to me alot about not having the money I may have or 5 cars in your garage....dude I challenge you to go after your own personal dream...whatever. . that may be. I aint no motivational speaker...but I say this...don't get caught up in the day to day drama of life and loose sight of your goals and dreams and desires to provide something better for your family....you deserve the right go do that for yourself!

Stay positive brother!
                        dude. looking at your car is motivation enough. looking at whats sitting in your driveway(and the fact that you have a driveway. lol) is motivation enough. i do plan to move towards my dream. and thats what im doing starting this week. i WILL achieve my dream job by the time im 30. just gotta straighten up my credit and get my feet firmly in the door.

i dont let drama get in my either. lol. all the crap that goes on at my job, i make sure im not caught up in the middle of it. i put in an app to Auto Zone the other day. the good thing is they will send you to school for your ASE certification. i dont really need it for the area im in(none of the shop here have them. lol). but it would be nice to have just in case Honda might recruit me for my awesome skills at their cars. lmao.

Comment

Thanks...all I ask is that you try....and take someone else to the top with you.

Motivate another young tuner to work hard and dream big...I rest my case....

Now back to reading the "Robb Report" to find out the scoop on next model Superleggera due to hit the market soon....

Stay thirsty my friends...

....dos equis
                          Last edited by 90-JDMCB7; 08-31-2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks...all I ask is that you try....and take someone else to the top with you.

Motivate another young tuner to work hard and dream big...I rest my case....

Now back to reading the "Rob Report" to find out the scoop on next model Superleggera due to hit the market soon....

Stay thirsty my friends...

....dos equis
                            lmao. the Rob Report?

i think its time for some MW2 for me. been plotting on my next CB and plans for the next month all day long. time to take a rest... stay frosty....

Comment

lmao. the Robb Report?

i think its time for some MW2 for me. been plotting on my next CB and plans for the next month all day long. time to take a rest... stay frosty....
                              Yep www.robbreport.com nice!

So you actually sold the CB....the Grey Goose?
                              Last edited by 90-JDMCB7; 08-31-2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Yep www.robbreport.com nice!

So you actually sold the CB....the Grey Goose?
                                yea. as of this past saturday, the CB is in the hands of the new owner.

ive got a couple of CBs in line to be the next into the yard. we'll see tho. i should have one within the next couple of weeks tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X