This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
    I need to talk to management about buying scrap tubing. But I really dont think that would be the route to go as just the axel back pipe weighs about ten pounds.
    Lame.
    well i guess im just gonna either have a shop do it or drop $250 on a KTeller piping kit....?
    Last edited by nate'sCB7; 08-12-2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

FYI, Kevin is floating around.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
        FYI, Kevin is floating around.
        on the forum or in general. lol

Comment

the red cbis going to get some body work in the next two weeks. after that pirmer and paint. hey cisco i am saving up for a build how much do you think it would cost me to ship the head and block to bisi? would it be worth it or do you think i could get the work done cheaper locally? I am looking into the C1 package.

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
          91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
          funds for swap:$000.00
          Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
          Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Take pictures of your step by step transformation for us.

Comment

Yeah I will it willbe the start of my dx ride thread.

Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33

Comment

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
                Yeah I will it willbe the start of my dx ride thread.
                sweet
                cant wait!

Comment

Scott, your question is rather vague. The C1 package is most expensive and a custom built engine basically. Even if you found someone locally, I don't think you'll find someone that can go to that extent with the experience on F22ax to do so properly. That does not even include a head that can support the block performance wise, which will be even more money.

Honestly, if you really plan on spending that much, then shipping costs would be irrelevant. The costs for the head and block do not include all the other expensive items to get your engine installed and operable, you will have to modify everything else just to run this race engine at that point.

I would highly recommend more research into knowing exactly what you're getting into and what are your goals, narrow them down.

I thought you were going turbo?

Comment

Well my dx is becoming my project car for sure. I am going to look into an h swap for my lx just to get it running would you help me with the h swap? Will edit next break gotta get back to work...

Ten hour work days rock!!!
                    Any way how much am I looking at to recondition an h series? I am going to browse the swap section to see were to locate a good motor. Be back next break
                    Last edited by megarock15; 08-23-2011, 10:04 PM.

Comment

To save on costs why dont you swap the running a4 into the Lx so you have running car while you work on the Dx?

That way you you can spend more time on the Dx and cut out the time it would take to re-wire the Lx for an H.

Comment

Because I need to keep a running motor in the dx remember I still have an a6 stillsitting in my shed that I am going to build

Since I am doing fiftey plus hours a week I dont really have time torip the motor out of the dx. So the motorthat is getting built is on a stand at the moment. the turbo that o have right now is not really big enough for what I want to do. When I get time I will sell it and put money into a properly sized turbo.

I realize that the c1 package is for the block only but thats ok since I have a spare to send out so I wont have unnecessasry down time. And I also have two spare heads to build as well. Well I need to get back to work
                        Last edited by megarock15; 08-24-2011, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Its funny how I am only on here at work. But any way still looking into an h swap.

Comment

I start working 9 hour days starting today....

So maybe my projects can get done a little sooner than i thought,
                            especially because Cortney might be able to put some money away with me.

Comment

Scott,

Personally, I do not understand you doing both H swap and Fseries turbo build on the other. I think that you're biting off more than you can chew and life will catch up with you. Why not run the red project as-is and do a project build (H22 swap or F22 turbo) on the other car? Nonetheless, it's your money, not mine.

Sorry, I can't help out on the H swap. I have too many projects of my own. I've never performed one, but have heard you have to add 3 extra wires for VTEC operation. Refer the the DIY/H22 swap threads, there was a detailed one by cpmike/others that seem to have all you needed.

Also, I've heard that most people that perform H22 swap are happier with Hseries transaxle mated to it. Those that left their F22 tranny, were not as happy with performance.

Comment

The reason i want to h swap my lx is because that will be my daily driver to and from work and what ever else needs to be done. The dx will be a project because its not big enough for a dd these days. I have also been think about looking into sentras but not sure if i want want to get out of the cb game. But h swap woth h trans and bolt ons with a tune and that should satisfy me for now while i build my f project. I would like to try and get it in project car mag when all is said and done. But i see at least two years into project f before it is ready for the track.

Comment

Working...
                                X