X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Excited!
    Not only do i got the Konis and the Neuspeeds comin,
    Now i got a rear Progress Sway Bar comin my way!

Next on the list is the Prothane Kit and Prelude brake swap
    Then in the near future droppin in a H23 tranny.

Comment

so i was on here last week some time and came across the bisi intake heat shielding gasket sale thread. it should be here this week. Cisco, i am checking my funds and will hopefully have it soon. But we all know money talks and money walks, so if you get an offer i will just have to use what i have. but on the bright side i have a full H23 mani and a full A6 mani. so i cant really complain. i will try to get you some photos soon.

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
      91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
      funds for swap:$000.00
      Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
      Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
        Super Excited!
        Not only do i got the Konis and the Neuspeeds comin,
        Now i got a rear Progress Sway Bar comin my way!

Next on the list is the Prothane Kit and Prelude brake swap
        Then in the near future droppin in a H23 tranny.
        I like the parts and logic in your ordering.

Hope you get your engine running well.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
          I like the parts and logic in your ordering.

Hope you get your engine running well.
          I got that car running and sold.

Im now in New Mexico, beautiful btw, and i now have a 92 ex coupe in emaculant condition.
          picked it up for $1600
          This is what the parts are going on.

Ill post pics later today.

Comment

intake gasket is here but totaly not excited about it. i have lost my partner in cb7 crime. Nate you suck i miss you buddy

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
            91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
            funds for swap:$000.00
            Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
            Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
              intake gasket is here but totaly not excited about it. i have lost my partner in cb7 crime. Nate you suck i miss you buddy
              I tried getting ahold of you before i left
              but everytime i called your phone was off or it went straight to voicemail...

Comment

So i got my Koni's and Neuspeeds assembled.
                Now im waiting to my camber kit and rear sway.

But before i put any of these on i have some bugs to work out in the new CB.

Comment

Update on my end: Got Kevin's F20A DOHC engine installed in my CB by Cisco last weekend. Solid and reliable. I'm loving it. The top end has a tad bit of additional power, but for the most part it's the same amount of power as my F22A.

Next step is to fix the Subie (lots to do on that), followed by refurbishing the A/C on the Accord. Speaking of which, if any of you are planning on that, refer to this post for one of the best DIYs I've ever seen: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165508

Nate, I'm looking at you, living in the desert. :-)

I'm also looking to see how this sweet setup goes. I can't wait to hear about the results!!
                  Last edited by HondaFan81; 06-02-2011, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I just had my guy suck out the old stuff and put new stuff in. Much easier and was only $25.

Granted, I have to wait for him to be free. Like now, my A/C hasn't worked (I started trying once it hit 60) for a while. It'll probably have to wait until I get back from Boyne before it'll even get looked at.
                    MRT
                    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                    Originally posted by Tippey764
                    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                      I just had my guy suck out the old stuff and put new stuff in.
                      I BET he did!

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
                        I got that car running and sold.

Im now in New Mexico, beautiful btw, and i now have a 92 ex coupe in emaculant condition.
                        picked it up for $1600
                        This is what the parts are going on.

Ill post pics later today.
                        Aaah, picked it up in NM? Heck that thing has no rust eh? Probably some paint fade though? Careful with any rubber weather-stripping of rubber period, prone to cracking and becoming brittle in them climates. Would not be surprised if it has water leaks.

Comment

Brett,

I edited your comment, not F20B but F20A DOHC.

I was wondering when you would post up, figured you wanted to make the announcement. Yes, that engine is so clean. A huge difference being under it and your old F22a6 with oil leaks everywhere.

I responded to your questions. Basically, it's not the engine, but the condition and status of your car's components or lack thereof. Once you get those items attended to, you'll notice the difference. Will still have some vibration from the urethane filled mounts though, but IMO it is worth it because they last longer and keep your wheels planted better.

Comment

Aaah, picked it up in NM? Heck that thing has no rust eh? Probably some paint fade though? Careful with any rubber weather-stripping of rubber period, prone to cracking and becoming brittle in them climates. Would not be surprised if it has water leaks.
                            Yeah! no rust!
                            Little bit of paint fade, yes. It doesnt bother me though, cuz its not Rust!

The driver door strip was a little dry and cracked looking, not bad. but i put a little bit of greese on it, so we'll see how it holds up.
                            From what ive heard it hardly ever rains, so ill be able to get away with it for now.
                            Last edited by nate'sCB7; 06-02-2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Brett,

I edited your comment, not F20B but F20A DOHC.
                              Whooooooops!

I responded to your questions. Basically, it's not the engine, but the condition and status of your car's components or lack thereof. Once you get those items attended to, you'll notice the difference.
                              Other than the intake pipe fix, what else can I do? That's all I remember you mentioning in regards to my loud engine.

Oh are you talking about vibration? Yeah I'm not as concerned about that as I am about reducing noise (if possible).

Comment

Brett,

Yes, replace your partial stock intake piping assembly with a full stock version that retains the intake bypass solenoid functional, which quiets down the intake noise.

You also need to fix or replace your hood, consider inspecting the hood latch as well. That movement is not normal and secondary to the engine mount vibration issue.

You need to replace the cigarrete tray and cup holder assemblies within your front console. They make the engine appear worse from the interior.

Yes, you will retain some vibration from the urethane filled engine mounts, which will translate some into the interior and/or steering wheel, but that should be it.

Comment

Working...
                                X