This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
    So cisco what can i take off of my sedan to take with us to see whats wrong with the 91 se? You know for a quick trial and error
    Sounds like you need the main relay. Throw in some fresh gas and fuel system cleaner/water remover since car has sat long. Should fire up by your description.

Check motor oil condition, smell burnt? Dipstick discolored? Bring motor oil if needed to top off.

Bring a healthy battery for the 91 SE. Install that off the bat, to eliminate problems. If you want, bring spare alternator in case that does not charge properly (if you live close, may not be needed).

Portable air compressor, if tires are low.

Once engine running, let it run for a good 10 minutes while checking for motor oil, tranny, coolant or fuel leaks. Make sure brake pedal is firm after a couple pumps, check for brake leaks.

Drive it directly home, I'm sure you'll notice some things wrong with it. Do full detailed assessment at home. Prioritize safety first (sound suspension & brakes) and functionality of 2 cores (engine & tranny). Once these issues taken care of, then drive vehicle locally to test it. Pay attention to engine temperature, always check for leaks under vehicle, normal brake operation and abnormal noises from suspension. Once confident, then use as daily driver.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

What the heck you goofballs been up to lately other than freezing your butts off?!?
      Last edited by HondaFan81; 11-12-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

So who wants to buy my old car with the F20A swap and everything?.. It has to go now, I want money and I need to move outta my parents house soon.

$500 and you pay for the tow or tow it yourself..price is negotiable. It still runs and drives very slowly up and down my driveway. The swap is still in great condition, I start it regularly.

Just let me know. I want to step away from cars for a while and save money.
        R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
          So who wants to buy my old car with the F20A swap and everything?.. It has to go now, I want money and I need to move outta my parents house soon.

$500 and you pay for the tow or tow it yourself..price is negotiable. It still runs and drives very slowly up and down my driveway. The swap is still in great condition, I start it regularly.

Just let me know. I want to step away from cars for a while and save money.
          Kevin, I've sent you a PM. Please check it out and get back to me as soon as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by BBuncky2 View Post
            Kevin, I've sent you a PM. Please check it out and get back to me as soon as you can.
            Done!

Comment

Well, looks like I've got a buyer for the old Accord.

Now I just have to sell me new DX.. because I really want a KA8 for my daily..

Annnd I plan on buying one of these..

Comment

Kevin, you can barely drive a car without issues and you're considering a crotch rocket now?
                Last edited by HondaFan81; 11-15-2010, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                  Kevin, you can barely drive a car without issues and you're considering a crotch rocket now?
                  Yeah.. Maybe the bike will have to wait a while..

I do need a nicer daily driver at the moment though, and I'm moving out of my parents place soon. With that said, I'd like to sell my current DD, the black DX.

I'm asking $1500 OBO, but the price is negotiable for you guys.

184k miles, auto, new engine and transmission (F22A6 swap) with less than 40k miles, I put in the PT6 ECU and changed the spark plugs after I bought it to solve a shuttering issue the car was having. Intake, full exhaust (OBX Racing), the car pulls very nicely and seems comparable to my F20A swapped EX. Raced my buddies EK 5 speed hatch on the street and highway and pulled away fast through every gear. Newer tires up front, good tires rear. Runs good and drives good. Exterior rust repaired and new paint. Blahblahblah

I know Nate is still in search of a new CB.

Comment

Kevin, why not keep the running Accord DX if you're moving out to lower expenses from moving out?

Getting another car will only increase expenses when simply moving out is going to do that in itself (big time). This move involve that girl you were getting serious with by chance? lol

Comment

Kevin, why not keep the running Accord DX if you're moving out to lower expenses from moving out?

Getting another car will only increase expenses when simply moving out is going to do that in itself (big time). This move involve that girl you were getting serious with by chance? lol
                      The DX is ok, but I'd like a nicer car before I leave my parents house. I've already got money saved and could move soon, but I need a nicer, possibly bigger car with the nice all powerr options. You know I like the luxury Cisco. I'm also done driving cars that say, "Hello officer, please notice my loud exhaust and other aftermarket parts and pull me over at your earliest convenience ."

I was thinking newer Acura Legend- V6, auto, all power, leather, I'd prefer 2 door but I like the sedan as well. I won't be doing much of anything to the car, I just want a DD for now.

And that girl I was getting "serious" with has been longg gone. I started talking to another girl right before my graduation, and we started dating soon after that, going on 5 months now and I'm thinking she's definitely the girl I can see myself with for a long time. I'm just tired of living at home being that I'm 19 years old and I need a change, but in may my girl will be moving in with me, yes.

I'm happy with this one guys.

Comment

Why you sell the Lexus then? Still don't understand why you got rid of it, when it totally fit your style and you got a deal on it.

Comment

Why you sell the Lexus then? Still don't understand why you got rid of it, when it totally fit your style and you got a deal on it.
                          Ah see the brake booster went out on it and it needed a power steering pump.

That stuff isn't too cheap especially for Lexus. But see, I sold it for $500 more than I bought it for.

Comment

Nate + new CB7- keys + locked doors= epic fail in the rain but CD5 friend mickie rates the day
                            Last edited by megarock15; 11-17-2010, 03:22 PM.

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
                            91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
                            funds for swap:$000.00
                            Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
                            Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
                              Nate + new CB7- keys + locked doors= epic fail in the rain but CD5 friend mickie rates the day
                              You mean, "saves the day'?

Mickey, is the Civic/Integra guy... You're thinking of Kyle. Hes the CD5 guy.

Comment

Hey guy just an update on the red coupe it was wet i had bad tires and i slid into the back of a newer ford expedition and tore thier bumper but i took a chunk out of the bumper crushed th drivers headlight bent the radiator support and trashed the hood oh and i eff'd up my radiator

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
                                91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
                                funds for swap:$000.00
                                Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
                                Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Working...
                                X