No announcement yet.

Saturday Nights in Kansas City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What'd you have in mind Ryan? I remember putting the drop on that thing followed by a drive around Chicago streets to break it in, lol. GLWS man.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

probably 13 or 1400$, which i feel like is a pretty good deal. I'm fairly flexible. I really don't want to let it go, but it's just not practical to have it up here in the NW. The only reason I would keep it is as a DD, but its WAYYYY too low to get it onto base, and basically in general for the streets around here. In the market for something new... not quite sure what yet. It's been back in KC for a while now though, so I've grown just detached enough from it to be able to sell

However! I'll basically be setting everything up through my father (whose house it's at), so I'm only really going to talk to people who can be vouched for on the board, or who I've met before. Don't really want a bunch of random people going to his house haha
      Last edited by ryaniskingofyou; 09-15-2012, 01:57 AM.
      MRT

Comment

Originally posted by ryaniskingofyou View Post
        probably 13 or 1400$, which i feel like is a pretty good deal. I'm fairly flexible. I really don't want to let it go, but it's just not practical to have it up here in the NW. The only reason I would keep it is as a DD, but its WAYYYY too low to get it onto base, and basically in general for the streets around here. In the market for something new... not quite sure what yet. It's been back in KC for a while now though, so I've grown just detached enough from it to be able to sell

However! I'll basically be setting everything up through my father (whose house it's at), so I'm only really going to talk to people who can be vouched for on the board, or who I've met before. Don't really want a bunch of random people going to his house haha
        Only 13 or 1400? That is a steal! I sold mine (91 LX) in August for $1900 with the salvage title and exactly 145,300 on the odometer.

Ryan, I know I have seen your car but I can't remember is it an automatic or 5-speed? I seem to remember the interior being nearly perfect.

Any bubbling or rust? Paint still clean? How much adjustability is there in those coilovers, my driveway is a nightmare for slammed cars.

For that price, I might be interested.
        Last edited by MadSpleen85; 09-20-2012, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
          Only 13 or 1400? That is a steal! I sold mine (91 LX) in August for $1900 with the salvage title and exactly 145,300 on the odometer.

Ryan, I know I have seen your car but I can't remember is it an automatic or 5-speed? I seem to remember the interior being nearly perfect.

Any bubbling or rust? Paint still clean? How much adjustability is there in those coilovers, my driveway is a nightmare for slammed cars.

For that price, I might be interested.
          Hey mike, glad to see interest from somebody I know.
          Unfortunately, its an auto. I had always wanted to do a swap, but never had the time/money/resources. The interior is still in pretty good condition. The floormats are fairly trashed (but that's why they're floormats, theyre replaceable haha.) Other than that, the driver seat has fairly normal leather wear, but definitely doesn't look like a 21 year old car. Like I said, its in great condition for the age.

No bubbling(or at least the last time I saw it. ) It's been garaged for the past ten months or so, and I'm assuming it's stayed in pretty good condition. I'll follow up with my dad and brother soon to see for sure. It had been in SC for a year, so no snow on it There is a dent over the front left tire with a little surface rust. Not sure how it happened, it was there when I got the car. Also a dent on the back left quarter panel by the antenna from where a rogue sign flew off a traffic light in a storm, nailing the car.
          Really the biggest problem with it (in my opinion) is the trunk leaking. The trunk carpet is stained like hell, and the cardboard liner under the carpet it cracked, and pretty much destroyed.

The coilovers... There is a pretty large amount of adjustability, I'm not sure exactly how much though. I bought them from Rob (cree207 i think was his name on here), so I could try to get ahold of him to check. However... When I was away from it during Basic and my first school after I enlisted (about 9 months,) it wasn't garaged, or taken care of very well (i.e. washed, covered, etc.) Admittedly, even after I took it to SC, it wasn't garaged either, and wasn't washed as much as it should have been, so the coilovers built up alot of gunk in the threads. I tried a little to clean the threads, but didn't make a lot of headway on them. I really didn't have the time to work on it like I needed (and still don't, another reason for me selling it.) I really think they could be cleaned and fully functional. You seem more mechanically inclined than myself, so I think you'd probably make a little more progress haha.

Honestly... with a little time into it, she could easily turn back into a beauty queen, but she needs a little TLC and a good detailing. No huge issues though. Let me know what you think, man
          MRT

Comment

It has fogs, right?

It'd be a few weeks but if mike doesn't pick it up, I'd totally be down to take it.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

It sure does have fogs. However... and I didn't mention this earlier, because I forgot, but it has a ghetto rigged harness... that for some reason, doesn't work. I have no idea why. I'm fairly embarrassed by that, since I'm an electrician. But, again, to be honest, I never took the time to troubleshoot it.

I'd love to talk to you about buying it if mike doesn't end up buying it. Like I said, I would really prefer to do business with people I've met and trust, since I'm not going to be in the area, and it'll be my dad/brother actually working with whoever buys it. So having you guys interested is really nice for me haha
              MRT

Comment

Ryan, thanks for the info. I'm in the market for a car, currently driving a company car until I get my hands on something. This isn't at all what I was looking for but, it is a clean car without a million miles on it. I bought a couple parts off of Rob when he was parting out one of his Accords, I can get a hold of him and see what he remembers about the coilovers. Thanks!

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                It has fogs, right?

It'd be a few weeks but if mike doesn't pick it up, I'd totally be down to take it.
                Mike, if you are interested go right ahead. I would only be using it temporarily until I can purchase something else. I won't be hanging on to it for an extended period, just doing any of the TLC stuff that I could and flip it.

Comment

This would be perfect for me in that my gf is in the market for something better than the POS she's in now and it's a car I know; both a CB and the previous owner. It's lowered so I'd have to either raise it a little and/or teach her how to drive a lowered car, lol. I'd probably let her drive my 6G for awhile and I'd cruise around in this, lol.

Ryan, I'll let you know further down the road. Don't hold me to it yet, but I'd definitely like consideration. Will it come with the OEM wheels, for winter?

Comment

oh! I forgot to mention that too haha. I've been away from it for long enough that I've forgotten some things. It currently has the OEM wheels on it... and I actually have 3 of the motegi's with me in Washington. The 4th is in the trunk of the accord. I'm sure I could figure something out for getting them down to KC.

Another thing I don't know if I ever mentioned, but I actually got it from my grandmother when she passed away, and she was the original owner (and my grandfather, who was very car savvy.) So i can tell you that it's always been garaged and taken car of
                    MRT

Comment

On point. For me, as well anyone else, winter is approaching so it should probably be left with the OEM wheels on it.

How is it running mechanically? Your Facebook posts have me a little worried as people keep acting like it doesn't run, isn't running properly, etc. Any truth to that?

Comment

On point. For me, as well anyone else, winter is approaching so it should probably be left with the OEM wheels on it.

How is it running mechanically? Your Facebook posts have me a little worried as people keep acting like it doesn't run, isn't running properly, etc. Any truth to that?
                        Haha, its running pretty well. The reason my wife said "something that runs a little better" is just because of the things I've fixed on it. I had to replace the battery last year due to corroded terminals, so it wouldn't start occasionally before I replaced it. Also, i replaced the master cylinder a year and a half ago, due to a leaking seal on it. I just asked her what she meant by her post and she said "the lights on the dash go out when you drive it." I had a cracked faceplate on the dimmer for the bezel lights, and I replaced it with one from the JY, not checking it before I threw the old one away. The one in there now has some crappy connections, so occasionally you have to flick it to get the lights on the bezel to come back on. No big deal, like a 5$ switch will fix it (Ill replace if needed.) In her mind, all of that stuff has built up into it "not running well", and being a pile of crap. Along with the other people who posted on my FB, most don't seem to understand that stuff breaks on a 21 year old car and has to be fixed. Let me know if you have any more questions
                        MRT

Comment

I think the only thing I'm most concerned with is how to raise and lower the suspension, lol, be it on-car or off. Flickering dash lights is kind of a big deal but doesn't effect the overall driveability of the car. If it's something relatively easy to replace, it might even be something I could do, lol.

Oh, how are the windows holding up? I know the back two in my CB wouldn't roll at all and the passenger side was near shot as well.
                          Does it still have the head unit, amp, and system?
                          Why kind of tires are on the OEM wheels and how much tread?
                          How much tread on the Hankooks?
                          AC works well, correct?
                          Do the tail lights leak, that you've noticed?
                          Last edited by MikeW; 09-22-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I think the only thing I'm most concerned with is how to raise and lower the suspension, lol, be it on-car or off. Flickering dash lights is kind of a big deal but doesn't effect the overall driveability of the car. If it's something relatively easy to replace, it might even be something I could do, lol.

Oh, how are the windows holding up? I know the back two in my CB wouldn't roll at all and the passenger side was near shot as well.
                            Does it still have the head unit, amp, and system?
                            Why kind of tires are on the OEM wheels and how much tread?
                            How much tread on the Hankooks?
                            AC works well, correct?
                            Do the tail lights leak, that you've noticed?
                            The suspension is pretty easy to figure out. It's basically 2 lock nuts that you use to compress the springs with a couple spanner wrenches. It is done on-car.
                            The dash light thing is very easy to fix, I was always just too lazy to fix it since it never really bothered me. A tiny flathead to pry the switch out next to the steering wheel, a clip in the back, pop the new one in. Would take 30 seconds if I had the new switch haha.
                            Windows are good, all still function well.
                            With come with the head unit and all aftermarket speakers. The amp I have with me here, along with the subwoofer.
                            I'll have to get back to you on the tire tread, I really don't remember how much tread is on them. I know its a decent amount, but I'll have my brother stick a penny in them and take a few pictures.
                            Ac works really well, never had a problem with it.
                            The taillights leak like hell. I had a horrible time getting them back together after I pulled them apart to blackhouse them. Wasn't patient enough and bent the plastic a little, so they never really stuck together that well. I always wanted to replace them, but was always too broke.
                            MRT

Comment

Right on. I forgot about the dimmer switch have being right there. It's in the cluster on my 6G, lol. That's an easy fix and that switch is probably like $8.
                              Glad to hear about the windows and AC.
                              Get back to me on the tires.
                              And I was afraid of that with the lights, lol. 9293 tails won't fit, right? LOL. It's been so long since I've had to remember this stuff, lol. OEM tails are relatively cheap as are the red/clears.

Comment

haha i know what you mean, im selling some of the bits and pieces i have sitting around right now, and I can't remember what half of it is for. I'm pretty sure the 9293's only fit after a trunk swap, if I remember right...
                                MRT

Comment

Working...
                                X