Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DrummerSteve7 : H23 Boost Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
    one of these weekends, ill have to stop by and hang out for a day. possibly pick up one of the f22 blocks off u
    ya man. thinkn about stayin in the place I am at now.
    rent is cheap and I have a 2 car garage.

when my roommate moves out I will be able to use it as a garage.
    I cant wait!
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
      ya man. thinkn about stayin in the place I am at now.
      rent is cheap and I have a 2 car garage.

when my roommate moves out I will be able to use it as a garage.
      I cant wait!
      we should plan a bbq soon, i want to check out your car man, looks like you got something going on there, all them parts looks like x-mas came in early for you

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
        we should plan a bbq soon, i want to check out your car man, looks like you got something going on there, all them parts looks like x-mas came in early for you
        gunna tear apart soon. headgasket is blown.
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

OH MAN!!!! I'm sorry. I was just going to drop in and ask if that DSM turbo plate idea worked out for you at all. It's nice to see you didn't get EBay stuff.
          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

went for a 10 min drive...

really need to tune now. I need to order a demon to get it done.
            might be another month to have funds for that to come in.

anyways nice little ride felt good, did not really get on it much tho.
            what I thought was transmission problems must have been the old wastegate hitting the clutch slave cylinder. shifts perfect now!

DN Performance has my vote for now, header is turning gold,
            Is that what happens when you dont cheap out and buy good stuff, haha!?

the difference is night and day with a short ride.
            before hand and afterwards (might just let it sit to get color):

after:

I am sure it is going to come in darker too making me very very happy!!!

glad to see you got the dnp manifold, i am sure you researched it first, as did i,, i just wish i had known you were gona get one, i had to sell mine for family reasons a few months back for $200, but here is a photo of what it loooks like when you let it get dirty.. and the turning gold is normal,, and it polishes right back up from my dirty mess with no problem.

i had to wrap mine though as it put off emaclate amount of heat melting my fans..

glad to see this thing really comming together.

as for you child on the way, yeah man it'll change your world. and expensive they are. Hope for the best for ya.
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

all is well, finally got a grip on the starting to build a block.
              pretty excited. should be a great time.

h23 sent in, but not going to post till I have all the parts
              setup to assemble with pistons and all block/head work complete.
              complete setup for 2011 summer total build.
              but I am going to keep this car h23 with dsm. might build the stock block.

then after i get the h23 I am doing now built, I will do an H22 for red car.
              of course with boost as you all know me.

as far as the baby, just had baby shower on my family side in california, and seems this baby will be well loved.
              nicely overloaded with gifts....good gifts....good people, and tons of love.
              especially mama and papa love. I wanna buy my garrett turbo before he his born.
              Just to have my turbo for Maxx Garrett! Destined for great things.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

heheh surgery yet once again.
                as ya know, blown headgasket on h23.
                full rebuild has started.

for the meantime tho, I picked up a sweet f22a1 with newly rebuilt internals.
                60k on motor from a buddy, soooo goin the f22 route for a little bit.
                but f22 = life is good!

got some things to do, and it has been raining so not to sure when I will
                get time to put motor in, hoping to have it in by end of december.
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

Too bad about the headgasket, but we all know how that goes. Good to see nothin can stop your builds!

Comment

yah probably spent a lil too much money on used engines.
                    This one is a F22a4. with 60k on rebuilt internals.

but hey if this one does not work. then I will just wait for the build.
                    woohoo!

always something. absolutely right. thats why I got a bunch of these.
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

You should just fully build an engine man. Do one for the books!

Comment

all is well, finally got a grip on the starting to build a block.
                        pretty excited. should be a great time.

h23 sent in, but not going to post till I have all the parts
                        setup to assemble with pistons and all block/head work complete.
                        complete setup for 2011 summer total build.
                        but I am going to keep this car h23 with dsm.
                        u did not read that.
                        finally like you say, doing a full build....
                        building it, but on this car I am not getting away from DSM parts, for now!!!
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

well completely gutting my Manifold spacers (double stacking, no IAB)
                          removing butterflies and making it all "1" port.
                          also using h22 upper plenum and port match.

this is what I am currently working on, before I throw the f22a4 into the ride for booost!!!!!
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

i cant wait until everyone sees this car at the spring meet the tuck, dnp manifold, 16g this car is the complete package man i feel in love with that tuck and dnp manifold man
                            WHITEONWHITE

Comment

Originally posted by ONEKLEAN91 View Post
                              i cant wait until everyone sees this car at the spring meet the tuck, dnp manifold, 16g this car is the complete package man i feel in love with that tuck and dnp manifold man
                              thanx man. when I go to put the fully built engine in, be prepared.
                              gunna do the full wire tuck and even weld up the spots where wholes are.
                              no need for blank wholes with nothing going through them.

so the next engine, is gunna get ridiculous. but thats cars right?
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

hey steve what clutch are you running?

Comment

Working...
                                X