Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crossing my fingers for 250 whp...that is if you run synthetic but alot of people undersestimate these engines. I dont think you overlooked anything...should be very reliable.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by PowderedMilkMan
      Wow... I think I just shed a tear after reading most of this thread. I must say that you have a beautiful car, probably the coolest car I've ever seen. I'm assuming you have a mechanical background?
      Thanks for the compliment. I learned how to work on cars myself with some help from an experienced mechanic friend. I went from basic maintenance to more difficult tasks by reading a manual, giving myself ample time to complete the task and learned. The more you do, the more mechanically inclined you become. I have done all the work on this project, which elevates the enthusiasm I have toward this project. The only work I did not do on this build is the machining (headwork, blockwork, balancing rotating assembly, etc), you simply need years of experience and expensive equipment to do that, not realistic to do yourself unless you have connections.

Anyhow, I'm just waiting on March timeframe for the Bisimoto header to be done and for this weather to warm up!
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Cant wait to see the car together. Talk about cold weather another cold front coming in!!! Craziness. But soon the beast will be in action ha. Either way good work on the car Cisco. Probably one of the best documented projects and hopefully it will be worth it in the end to finally get it tuned on a dyno with the final components.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
          Thanks for the compliment. I learned how to work on cars myself with some help from an experienced mechanic friend. I went from basic maintenance to more difficult tasks by reading a manual, giving myself ample time to complete the task and learned. The more you do, the more mechanically inclined you become. I have done all the work on this project, which elevates the enthusiasm I have toward this project. The only work I did not do on this build is the machining (headwork, blockwork, balancing rotating assembly, etc), you simply need years of experience and expensive equipment to do that, not realistic to do yourself unless you have connections.

Anyhow, I'm just waiting on March timeframe for the Bisimoto header to be done and for this weather to warm up!
          Thats cool, luckily my dad has a strong mechanical background so I'll go outside and help him when he works on my car just so I can learn more about it.

How do you like your Koni/Neuspeed suspension?

Comment

How do you like your Koni/Neuspeed suspension?
            I think it's one of the best spring/shock combo kits you can buy for a daily driver that gives the car a low, aggressive look and great handling. If I wanted to go more aggressive, then I would go full race coilovers, but I don't like the idea of the threaded collars/spring perch design as I have the feeling they would seize up and not allow adjustability at that point. Anyhow, I have adjustability of shock stiffness and some ride height adjustability.

Comment

Yeah I heard coilovers were really stiff and even if you get a street version they are still uncomfortable. Just curious, what website did you buy your koni'/neuspeeds from?
              www.neuspeed.com

Comment

the almost finished build looks sweet cisco!

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                  it is a matter of waiting now.

the worst part....

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02
                    the almost finished build looks sweet cisco!
                    Thanks Maury, nice to know people like you still keep tabs on this project. I can't wait myself either. Supposedly, the Bisimoto header should be finished end of Feb., we'll see.

Sidenote, I plan to convert my interior over time to black carpeting, black plastic interior and am going with charcoal grey seats. More than likely it will be done professionally, don't want to deal with peeling paint on interior plastics.
                    Last edited by HondaFan81; 02-19-2008, 08:33 PM.

Comment

your gonna be done that soon!!! sweet. I really just can't wait to see what kinda numbers this build Is gonna throw down.
                      spin city

Comment

Well, you guys are in for a surprise on the interior for this car, got a great deal and some plans changed, but I had to do it and now is the time. You will see by end of February I should have photos.

Comment

Cisco, you really have put more time, effort, blood, sweat and tears into your 2 projects than most people I know have put into building a house. You're a beast, bottom line. Hope all is well with you and your lady bro. I'll be giving you a shout in the next few days to catch you up some some stuff.
                          1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                          4.0L I-6 2WD
                          293k miles, still running strong.
                          Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

As much as this car is about performance, I want to enjoy it and it will see far more mileage on the street than track, so I want to make it somewhat tolerable/comfortable for 3-5 hour trips because I DO plan to be making some meets! I agree on the interior, I've stripped this car to learn that our interiors really do not save much weight. There is more to be saved elsewhere.
                            Last edited by HondaFan81; 03-01-2008, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna be when this thing puts down 200wtq over my car's 165 or so, with 800cc less displacement

But I can't wait to see it come together otherwise

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Sounds like a plan. I cant wait to see this interior. Should make a museum for your car and the few others that have surpassed this board =P haha or at least put a thread of successful cb7 from the past ranging from magazine to builds, but dunno how that would work out since everyone has a diff outlook. Oh yea I will let you know how the windshield wiper pivots work out. Im gonna order them when I get back to Dallas while my car is going through some plastic surgery.

The New-ish Ride
                                My old Ride
                                Hear my Vtak!!!
                                MK3 Member #3
                                I piss off people for fun.
                                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                                X