Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbo90accord
    Here is a good article about degreeing cams. good info on page 3 cam degreeing thread
    Web Camshafts has instructions on their website.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

that helps explain your "intake surging" effect doesnt it?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Just spoke with Bisi and based on my setup, I am now more confident that it can go to 9000 RPM. So I will be finding the potential of this camshaft, just have to fix my issues. Also, running Torco ZEP in my regular mineral oil until 3000 miles on this motor, switching to Torco SR-1 5W30 synthetic after that.

Comment

I personally know that 7500 is ok and my tuner assured me that he sees 8500 on the h23's they build with no problem. But they drag race theirs and I road race mineand is sees much more sustained throttle and revs in higher gears.
          1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
          newer race video,older race videos
          1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
          1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

that is strange that he jumped straight to wot after tuning the idle.
            spin city

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
              Will degreeing the cam lead you to take out the engine ? B/C Im guessing it will take alot longer to dyno from now.
              I have more room in my engine bay than a stock motor, since I removed some systems and simplified when installing this motor. I believe I can do it in the vehicle.

Regardless, it appears I will not redyno until early 2009 because I am currently focused on reverting my red Accord back to a stock motor.

Also, my wife and I should be closing on our new house first week of this November. That is exciting for the both of us, my white project will have a nice home in an insulated garage under a car cover. No worries, I will degree the cam in my new garage eventually and this motor will get dialed in right. I need to do this first to set my baseline before I proceed, if need be, with some enhancements that I have in mind. My goal is to have a fun all-around performance streetable F22 NA Accord on 93 octane gas that can occassionally handle some track time.
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-23-2008, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Please check out links below for updated photos on the first page of this thread. Trust me, you'll be interested.

First Production Bisimoto F22 street header:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...1&postcount=18

Updated Interior Restoration Photos:

* Leather inside door panels, leather steering wheel, etc. *

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...1&postcount=15

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                  Trust me, you'll be interested.
                  First Production Bisimoto F22 street header:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...1&postcount=18
                  YES! Finally, the header looks amazing Cisco, you def. deserve the 1st one, I'm so glad those pics are up! Even more excited now!

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
                    So bisi never has problems with the teflon spacers possibly melting?
                    Not that I know of. Also, he is a chemical engineer, so you would think he applied his knowledge. Read the article below. The low coefficient of friction, chemical inertness and 500 deg F heat resistance, plays a factor in his choice of material I'm sure.

http://www.nationwideplastics.net/plastics/teflon/

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      Something you may have not considered or thought of...but you can swap complete front crossmembers with a prelude and you'll have lots more room. It's also a bit stiffer.
                      No. Too much work already invested in my current setup. I have full poly bushing front-end suspension, which includes the radius rod bushings. This front cross member is cleared to work, all good. Simplicity my friend.

Comment

I really like how you clearly stated all the lack of tuning you were able to do so many times. lol.

I understand your motives and i think it worked. Tuning on a performance motor really is key.

My experience with tuning my gsx , was intresting with the lack of a dyno. All road testing and tuning for me. I was able to leane out my fuel supply and advance timing with no more than a 2 degree knock, and when i was finished i went from 278 whp to 394 whp. Just because i spent 9hrs tuning.
                        A later date and a few mods to the motor the power was able to go even higher. But with bolt ons alone you won't see the power a motor is capable of.
                        Long hours and mind boggeling tests really wake a motor up.
                        I personally feel you'll be close to 260 of peak hp once all the specs are dialed in. and thats just awsome.

Good work and application of your knowledge and experience to us!
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

looking good man, update with pictures when you can.
                          My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by Clueless View Post
                            looking good man, update with pictures when you can.
                            I did on first page, check it out. If you imply more, what type of photos?

FYI: Externally, the car is nothing special for now. I don't even have my rims on the car until this project is fully road-worthy. That's the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                              I did on first page, check it out. If you imply more, what type of photos?

FYI: Externally, the car is nothing special for now. I don't even have my rims on the car until this project is fully road-worthy. That's the plan.
                              Eh...exterior is like clothes...we aren't looking at your cars clothes we're looking at it's naughty bits...oh so naughty
                              ____

Comment

man...awesome dude...seems like you spend hella time and money on it..it must be one hecka a car...

Comment

Working...
                                X