Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT suspension set-up are you running? And how would you rate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah thats what happens when you drive with a little bit of space in between the fenderwell. BUt as for my im somewhat comfortable as long as i dont hit alot of bumps or happen to go down one street thats really screwed up When i do its about face makin the uturn back where i came to find another route. Oh yeah I can fit about 3 fingers 2 and a half but who's counting.

Comment

I have 1.4" drop front and 1.2" in the rear with eibach springs
      and stock shocks (they were new when i bought the car)
      I'm still waiting to get my Suspension Techniques springs
      Then it will have 2.3" drop FR and 2" rear.
      The ride is now about an 8.
      I will have to wait for the springs and my 17"wheels to get here
      and see what it does then.
      No Honda There will be one eventually...
      1996 Volvo 960 2.5i 24v autotragic

Comment

Re: WHAT suspension set-up are you running? And how would you rate it?

Originally posted by hybrid90accord

I'm running groundcontrols with tokico illuminas set at 2 in the front and 3 in the back with a 1.75" drop and it ride is good. i rate it at a 7.8. I just grew out of the slammed car faze with hella negative camber and buying new struts every 6 months and bouncing like crazy over every bump.
        i just added a dc sport lower tie bar to my set up.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Tein ss coilovers
          cusco rear strut bar
          yoohama avs es100

I absolutly love the ride its stiff but smooth, excellent grip, need sway bars though for very very hard corners, besides that I love the teins, just go thtem in the other night
          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Re: ****update*****

Originally posted by 4drcord
            TOKICO ILLUMINAS
            FRONT- 4
            REAR-5
            R1 COILOVERS WITH EIBACH E.R.S. COILOVER SPRINGS
            FRONT-450
            REAR-400

A LITTLE HARSH BUT LIKE THE DUDE SAID ABOVE IT REALLY DOES HANDLE LIKE A RACE CAR. I LOVE PULLING HARD THROUGH WIDE TURNS!
            I GIVE IT A 7/8
            another update!
            all struts are on 5!
            makes such a difference.
            i still think i need stiffer springs though.
            thanks

JDMED

buy my jdm part
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

What is better..coilovers, or springs? I know you can get by with coilovers on stock shocks, as they don't have progressive springs, but I also hear their ride quiality really suffers. I wanna know where to get like some neuspeed sportline or eibach sportline kit springs..i like the 2-2.5 inch drop, so what else is there? Where can I get all this, with some good shocks, and a camber kit online..cheap? thanks..

-A. Swift
              CB7 member number 137
              Black Doubt Crew member #2
              Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

well those springs tend to sag after a while. I have coilovers that i like them alot aerospeed coilovers mated get this mated with tokico shocks. youll feel the bumps less and less on the road. I need a slight camber adjustment in the front no to major though just a little

Comment

Dang this should have been *sticked* along time ago.

Both spring and coilover will ride good with decent struts. I just like having the option of adjustability of coilover if i want to put o slicks, or if i have to get on th eback of a trailer.

Comment

Ok. Well, I figured I would go for coilovers, since autox is for me. But, I was told that like maxspeed coils suc, and there are "few" good companies liek eibach coils, which are decent, and ground control. What can I get that is good? I like coils, so why not? maxspeed? Arospeed? MatriX? Skunk 2? Eibach? Keep in mind, I don't have a great load of cash, but I want a good setup, that is low, but still not bumpy..i know it's all in the shocks, so what would I pair the coils with? Koni yellows? Koni red? Tokico? KYB? Thanks a bunch for the help..springs still for sale..lol

-A. Swift
                    CB7 member number 137
                    Black Doubt Crew member #2
                    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

from my experience I say tokico gets a good thumbs up from me how far do you plan to be lowered im at like 2.3 as of now in the front and line 2 in the rear. My arospeed coilovers is nice too

Comment

Anyone used tokico coilovers?

Comment

suspension set up

Current Set up: Rate it about a 7

Tockico Blues
                          Eibach Pro Kit
                          Ingalls Front Camber Kit

Future set up:

Koni Yellows
                          Eibach Sportlines

Comment

skunk2 coils
                            KYB AGX shocks

handling: 8
                            comfort: 3
                            overall: 6

Bumpy ride but well worth it when taking the car on a winding road

Comment

Theres such a thing as tokio coilovers?

Comment

yes tokico coilovers go for about 880 they have them at www.overboost.com i had tokicos and did not like the quality. I now have teins and WOW!
                                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Working...
                                X