Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT suspension set-up are you running? And how would you rate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

g-2 ebay coilovers
    kyb g-2 front shocks
    oem rear shocks

ride grade 4

Comment

Check this out!

-Skunk 2 coilovers
      -Kyb GR-2 shocks

I give this setup a 7 the only thing that I have a problem with is its a little bouncy in the rear due to no weight being in the back. I think once I throw the spare and other junk back there it will even it out. I think next time I will go for the AGX.

My ride

Comment

KYB AGX
        Goldline Springs (2.25 F n' R)

Very smooth, comfortable and furious at the same time.
        BTW, NO BOUNCING AT ALL

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

-stock as fuck shocks
          -skunk2 coils

Maybe if I would ever get some damn struts, I'd be better. Regardless, these bitches bounce...but as has been stated a few times in this thread, they take corners like a champ.

...I'd give a rating, but I'm waiting for my struts to give a final judgement.
          Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty1638
            Ok. Well, I figured I would go for coilovers, since autox is for me. But, I was told that like maxspeed coils suc, and there are "few" good companies liek eibach coils, which are decent, and ground control. What can I get that is good? I like coils, so why not? maxspeed? Arospeed? MatriX? Skunk 2? Eibach? Keep in mind, I don't have a great load of cash, but I want a good setup, that is low, but still not bumpy..i know it's all in the shocks, so what would I pair the coils with? Koni yellows? Koni red? Tokico? KYB? Thanks a bunch for the help..springs still for sale..lol

-A. Swift
            omni's are way cheaper than the eibach and handling is good up to 4'' drope if you really want it that low

Comment

alright so heres my setup... i am running an eibach prokit and gr2 struts... also last night i just installed my sesupension techniques sway bars... and i must say with this setup my 4dr handles like my dads 89 toyota mr2... IMO it really seems amazing... and im hoping that it will get even better when i get my next alignment done... also i need some new tires ( or at least a little more air in them)

i would rate it about an 8.5 based on all of the cars of driven... seems pretty good

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

curious

Ok first off great info everybody...but i need some insightful help..everything on my car is bone stock right now..i'm thinking about doing Eibach sportline springs...KYB AGX struts and shocks..Energy suspension master front bushing kit and 205/50r15 Kumho Ecsta ASX tires...here are my questions.. (keep in mind im not much of a racer or autoxer..just want something better than stock)

1. With this setup will i need a camber kit?? <~~ very important question

2. I desperately need new front upper ball joints. Is it true that i can only use OEM parts for this, because i have to buy the whole control arm with ball joint and its like 200 bux from what ive heard. If there is any truth to that please let me kno because if there isn't them im looking to purchase this kit from e-bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CONTR...64594285QQrdZ1
                will this kit work too??

i went witht he ebiach sport line with the kyb struts with pilot strut bars all the way around rides good just sucks the back of the car sags lower than the front but thats how ebiach springs are but planning to switch to h&r springs soon cause sits equal
                Is there ANY truth to this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ statement...because as you can tell thats the setup im looking at lol..

I think those are all the questions i have right now. Also, i have access to a lift and alignment rak and wheel balancer and wheel tire service machine at school. So all this will be done in one day. I just need my questions answered so i can order these things and get it done. Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this. Pe@ce.

SHO

Comment

Get the Eibach/SPC camber kit for the front. It replaces the upper ball joint. And I believe when I had this setup the back did sit lower.
                  members/ride | the/website
                  180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Originally posted by 92acclude
                    Get the Eibach/SPC camber kit for the front. It replaces the upper ball joint. And I believe when I had this setup the back did sit lower.
                    my question is will i need it tho (the camber kit) i mean would there be extra wear and tear on the components if i dont have it..or do u only really need them when you are doing an extreme drop (which i could understand, why it'd be needed).

Comment

1. I got eibach sportlines with koni sports and the car sits pretty even for the most part but the back is a little lower(but not very noticeable at all). I ended up adjusting the back and making higher anyway with the little adjuster the koni yellows offer (the ring around the strut).

2. You will most likely need a camber kit for the front and I definately needed one for the back as well. I opted for the ingalls front and rear kit with rear smart arms and front balljoints. I tried to do some research about the control arm issue you have but didnt get a clear cut answer so I did my own investigation and got the following results. The balljoints on the front UCA's are pressed in but they ARE removable. I took mine to a local shop to get my bushings out and the guy just whacked the joints out with one good hit. The new joints will need to go in at the same angle the stock ones were on.

3. After all of this, I strongly recommend an alignment. Enjoy!

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
                        1. I got eibach sportlines with koni sports and the car sits pretty even for the most part but the back is a little lower(but not very noticeable at all). I ended up adjusting the back and making higher anyway with the little adjuster the koni yellows offer (the ring around the strut).

2. You will most likely need a camber kit for the front and I definately needed one for the back as well. I opted for the ingalls front and rear kit with rear smart arms and front balljoints. I tried to do some research about the control arm issue you have but didnt get a clear cut answer so I did my own investigation and got the following results. The balljoints on the front UCA's are pressed in but they ARE removable. I took mine to a local shop to get my bushings out and the guy just whacked the joints out with one good hit. The new joints will need to go in at the same angle the stock ones were on.

3. After all of this, I strongly recommend an alignment. Enjoy!
                        first off thank you...cleared up a lil more..now..can anyone suggest any shops to get these parts from other than ebay...altho ebay pretty much always seems to be the cheapest for the same parts..so if anyone knows of anything..lemme kno plz..thanks guys..

Comment

http://tirerack.com sells everything you need.
                          members/ride | the/website
                          180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Current setup:

Koni Yellow struts + Neuspeed Sport Springs

Comfort: 9/10
                            Performance: 9/10
                            Aesthetics: 5/10

I can't go on enough about how good this setup is...in NYC it's pretty crucial to have a good setup, and to say the least in comparison to this my last setup was poop. This setup absorbs bumps beautifully, makes turn in so much more stable and basically transforms the whole car. I'm thoroughly impressed.

The only thing is, if you get this setup, make sure to get the Neuspeed Konis...I got this from someone on the board and it's just the regular ones...the drop isn't that crazy, and if you put the back on the lowest perch it's like a 1.5" drop over whatever you had. We had to take the rear suspension apart and redo it to how it was. Looks wise it sucks as well, it's lowered but not stunning. I might spring on some 17s to help fill in the gap.

All in all, ^infinity, the only thing I might do is get some Sportlines for a more aggressive setup that is still NYable...the Races are too much.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i have skunk2 coilovers with OEM struts from a 2001 acura CL.

i would say the ride is firm and smooth.....if i go over a bump or dip in the road, it's usually one quick bounce and that's it. i do like the way it rides. i would say that handling was improved over stock, but that isn't that important to me as i don't drive fast or race. i cruise, so it's good for me. later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Well i dont have a cb but i hope my setup might help any1. My car is a 4dr civic.

Ground control drop front 2.5"-rear 2"
                                Yellow Koni's in front
                                Kyb agx in rear
                                urethane bumpstops
                                camber kit (front)
                                extended strut mounts 1" (front only)
                                Rims 16" 205/45" tires forgot the name of tires lol.
                                strut bars front & rear
                                tie bar rear
                                H-bar
                                gsr rear sway bar
                                floor bar
                                Obx lsd
                                Traction bar

Imo handles pretty good on rough roads. Takes corners very well so i'll give this a 8 out of 10. Still have some work i gotta do but it handles well.
                                Vouches: Bruno8747, 1badwag, Excalibur02, Bliz07, Slick, Gloryaccordy, H23CB7.

Comment

Working...
                                X