Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT suspension set-up are you running? And how would you rate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm running:

H&R Sport Springs
    KYB AGX Shocks

Aligned at a shop.

I would rate it 8/10.
    1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

well i can officially say this now lol....kyb agx and neuspeed sport springs but i havent had it in for more than hour so i cant rate it
      In memory of Jameel Johnson 4.30.05--You will never be forgotten...

MY Car

HydroDunk Mixtapes...check it out

Comment

The first setup I tried was KYB AGX's with cheapo coilovers off of E-bay with front and rear strut bars. I didn't want to spend too much on this car as my 3rd gen was my project car. But once you start, you can stop. LOL I would rate that as a 5/10. The fronts rode nicely at a 1inch drop during the winter (AGX set to 3) down to a 3 inch drop during the spring and fall (AGX set to 4)but the rears sucked not matter what I set the AGX's to or what height I was at. Handled great but just too bouncy for my liking. I know why KYB doesn't recommend dropping your car more than 1.5" now with the AGX plus cheap coilovers seriously have insane spring rates (I didn't think it was that bad).

I switched to Ractive coilovers I was using with the 3rd gen (meant for the 4th gens but I used it on the 3rd gen anyways). Didn't notice much difference on the fronts but the rears were a bit better. I'd rate this as a 6.5/10. Less bounce and still retained good handling

I then switched the rears to Koni reds meant for 3rd gens as they are shorter and gives the strut more room to move. This was set to 1.25 turn from soft. Much better than the AGX's since the strut didn't bottom out as much. I'd give this a 7.5/10

I switched to all Koni yellows early this week with the Ractives and now I'm extremely happy. Car is dropped roughly 3" and the Koni's set to 1.25 turn from soft. Good handling, hardly any bounce, overall a very comfortable ride. 9/10.
        Last edited by YK86; 04-16-2005, 08:24 PM.

Comment

wepon-r coilover setup with OEM blue cheap struts

ride is pretty good , except its hard on bumps .

8/10

Comment

Car came with AGX shocks on CHEAP Ebay coil overs... well i guess its what youd expect for ebay springs... They suck oh well
            **My CB7 has been sold**

Comment

I forgot... changed over to Ground Control Coilover's with the AGXs and they are a ton better
              **My CB7 has been sold**

Comment

Tanabe DF210+Stock shocks

Tanabe DF210
                Stock shocks
                Disconnected front sway bar

RIDE: 7 - It gets pretty choppy over those little bumps, but over smaller things like sewer caps, etc. it's fine. I do want some higher rated shocks though; they'd do more for handling than these springs
                HANDLING: 6 - They don't inspire any more confidence; I think disconnecting the front bar has loosened the car somewhat. I can take turns at higher speeds though.
                LOOKS: 7 - They're made for 94-95s so the front is higher than it should be. I'm hoping the front settles more than the rear; that's highly unlikely though...eh.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

heh funny reading old threads... I have an update to give. I replaced my sprints/koni's with d2 coilovers and they are pretty damn good. definetly handle better, the ride is not as good imo and its almost a little bouncy. However I have not played with anything at all. I just guessed at the height off the car, and left everything how it came. Thats the great thing about these is you can adjust preload independently from height. Also rebound adjustable of course, which again I have not played with at all and I figure I would be able to get rid of the bouncy feeling with it. so anyways I need more time with them, which I unfortunately most likely won't get since Im probably going to sell them with the car, but I'd say maybe a 9/10.
                  HSHO #3

Comment

i running 93AccordEx's koni yellows with sprint springs in front and Tokico in the rear. The ride is pretty stiff but i love it 8/10

Comment

Neuspeed Sports on new Stock shocks. This setup is new to me and I've been running it a month now. I ran original stock springs and shocks on my car till 205,000 miles. The original front shocks were shot on the compression stroke, but okay on the extention....so the car never bounced more that it should. But hitting bumps was harsh. The rears were still okay.

With the new setup I have now, the bumps are still a little harsh because of the springs, but overall handling is good. When comparing the comfort to stock setup, I'll rate it a 7.
                      I probably should of got aftermarket shocks up front. Although I'm not sure that would take out the harshness of the bumps. Maybe they would last longer. We'll see.

My swap thread
                      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

skunk2's 4in drop all around, kyb Gr2's....love the ride quality even with the severe drop....rate it about a 7 or 8. i have driven my friends 94 accord with eibach 1 3/4 in drop on koni's and i like my ride better!!!!!!!
                        My members ride thread

Comment

w00t, i need to bump this up.

anyways here it is...
                          ES front sway bar end links
                          KYB AGX (set one 2/5)
                          H&R Race springs
                          cheapo front camber kit
                          Front and rear Strut bars
                          Rear Lower tie bar
                          Progress Rear Sway bar

all combined with sticky ass tires= teh sex

but id rate my setup a 9.5/10...the reaosn being is because the control arms knock sometimes.

i totally love the rear sway bar now, i was kinda iffy about it because at first i didnt feel a difference but once i got the chance to...the car was so stable.

i was able to take this one turn @ 82 mph, like no body roll but just a bit of bounce from the surface.
                          Last edited by wed3k; 07-16-2005, 01:14 AM.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

OK

This suspension owns.

Tein SS, custom valved.
                            ES poly bushings master kit.
                            Eibach camber kit, front and rear.
                            ST rear sway bar.

Compared with my KYB AGXs and Eibach Sportlines, it is night and day.

I have NO understeer. Corners I use to take where my front tires would give up and squeal are now taken with all 4 wheels screaming. My car went from quick to frightenly fast in corners. No jittering, it just diggs in, complains and goes around the corner.

Mind you, this is on stock tires. No performance rubber yet. I can't wait til I get some decent tires.

Oh and get a new rear motor mount and brakes. bleh.
                            members/ride | the/website
                            180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Semi-update:

Springs: X3 Racing coilovers (300#/in)/Tanabe DF210 (200#/in)
                              Shocks: Stock

Ride: 7
                              Handling: 5

I was fed up with the fed up with the front wheel gap of my Tanabe DF210s, so I looked into some soft coilovers. I found the X3 Racing coilovers that are 400/300# F/R. I tried both rates, and it's night and day. The 400# springs turn my car into a handling beast...no understeer whatsoever. However, it's a no go over bumps with stock shocks. I could feel them blowing. So I put the 300# springs on, and it rides like stock basically...but it handles like stock too. Lots of tire rollover...not pretty.

Next up: better front shocks, thicker rear stabilizer bars.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

KYB AGX shocks
                                H&R Race springs
                                9/10

i just installed my setup about a week ago and set the shocks to the stiffest setting, i love it even though it can get bouncy at times. very responsive, dramatically lower body roll, but i still need a camber kit and some strut bars to finish it off.

Comment

Working...
                                X